Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

"You're Fired"

Thank you Brooke for finally standing up to that "bitter shrew"

May the love hidden deep inside your heart
find the love waiting in your dreams.
May the {laughter} that you find in your tomorrow
wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.
Amazing Avi by BrucasBL
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Way to go Brooke! Wonderful! It is the best for her in the end.

Chase is great. So is Peyton.

Poor Jamie... and Naley.

Crazy previews for next week!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG...so I thought last week's episode was awesome, but I almost think that I liked tonight's even more!

First off, can I give an AMEN to both Skills and Brooke I've always liked them but they're at the top of my list tonight.

I'm not trying to bash Haley b/c I've loved her since day one, but I was so glad that Skills called her and Nathan both out on the way they're acting. I felt like Nathan was actually trying to take steps forward tonight so I had better thoughts towards him but Haley irritated me with not even making an effort to play a simple game with her son. But, as I said last week, I'm not gonna choose a side. It was just nice to see Skills stand up and say something.

And Brooke was amazing. I was glad that SHE actually took a stand for herself with Victoria. It seems like all season we've watched other people defend Brooke, and I completely understand why Brooke didn't want to, but it was soooo nice to see her defend herself. It was a wonderful scene.

Although I'm sure it was the writer's intentions, I did feel sorry for Nathan tonight. I could see the pain in his face when Haley told him she was done trying and especially when he was with Jamie in his bed telling him he was in a "time-out." It's such a sad, sad situation for all three of them and I can't wait to see where it all goes from here.

I've been a die-hard Lucas-Peyton fan for a while now, and for the first time tonight, I was actually starting to like him and Lindsey as a couple...I could tell that b/c when Haley called him and told him he couldn't marry Lindsey, I felt myself get a little sad, haha. I'm really excited to see how next week plays out!

I'm LOVVVVING Brooke and Owen. They are TOO cute of a couple and I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of him!

Butttt, my favorite person of the night was definitely Jamie. That little boy can bring the biggest smile to my face, or just as easily bring me to tears...and tonight it was definitely the tears. It broke my heart to see how upset he was when neither Haley nor Nathan would play RockBand with him and they both walked away. He just wants his parents together, and I feel so bad for him...Jackson Brundage has done an AMAZING job bringing Jamie to life.

Ahhhh, next Tuesday can't get here soon enough!!!!! I can't WAIT to see how everything goes down!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brooke! Ahh, I want to hug her. That was amazing, I was captivated by her scene with her mother. I loved the Skills and Haley, that almost made me cry when they talked by the moon bounce and then later, when she said thank you and they hugged. More than ever I felt their friendship and I truly know they have been friends since childhood rather than just assuming it.

I am so proud of Haley, finally she is growing a backbone and not just excepting Nathan's "I'm sorry" The only reason I want NH together is for Jamie, but I know they will - this is OTH.

Favorite line tonight - "Well, after they had a beer, your dad would take a long hard look at Keith and say 'Where's the bathroom?'" I also adore Jamie laughing at Skills for being scared of the rabbit. Jamie and Skills are so cool.

I have no complaints about this episode and in fact this episode is a prime example of why I still love OTH no matter what happens, no matter what I say or when I sometimes forget why this show matters to me. Sometimes this show hits me in the heart and I just want to cry. Speaking of crying -

NEXT WEEK! I know I will cry. Moira/Karen! Oh my goodness. YAY. The rest of the preview was bleh, I think. And I guess Dan is back to his evil ways.

PS. This is how sentimental I am - I got slightly emotional because they used a Gavin song. What can I say, I miss IDWB in the opening.
ღღღ
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wish I could say I have no complaints with this show but it's the same old story. Haley gets about as many lines as a glorified extra while several peripheral characters get to wax on and on about their feelings. I'm certain Rachel, Mouth, Millicent, and probably even Chase had more lines than Haley did. Not only that but she gets to be the shrew to boot. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, somehow I've fallen into the habit of doing this weekly episode review. Let's see, tonight's ep . . .

Not as great as last week's, but then again, I didn't expect it to be. Because last week was just amazing.

I really liked this episode, though. It had some definite light-hearted parts, along with some heavier emotional stuff. Plus, the reintroduction of some of the other characters was great.

Nathan: Okay, first things first, my man looked FINE tonight! Like gorgeous! Drop-dead gorgeous! Seriously, I think the guy can never get hotter, and then he does. It's awesome.

I thought this was a great episode for Nathan. He showed real maturity and a genuine desire to make things right with his family. He loves them so much. The dynamic between him and Jamie is an absolute joy to watch. When he gave him that kiss on the head towards the end, I just about died because of the cuteness! I love Nathan as a father. I really do.

Haley: Okay, first off, I don't know how she can resist Nathan looking as fine as he was tonight. (I just can't get past his hotness!) But it's understandable, though. I feel bad for her. She has so much to balance in her life. She's a mother, a wife (yes, she is still a wife and always will be!), a teacher, a friend . . . she handles it all well, and of course it's frustrating for us Naley fans to not see her and Nathan together, but her reaction to all the stress in her life is realistic and actually long-overdue.

Jamie: I just about cried when he turned the smiley face on his pancake into a frowning face! He's so cute. This kid knows how to act! He did such a good job conveying Jamie's sadness tonight. That's what is so unfortunate about this situation between Nathan and Haley. It affects Jamie the most. I really wish he had gotten to play Rock Band with his parents at the end!

Brooke: Girl kicked ass tonight! I loved that scene between her and Victoria at the end. Victoria is always trying to make her feel like she's stupid, but Brooke is a lot smarter than Victoria will ever be. I hope she works her hardest and shoves her success in Victoria's face!

Victoria: Yeah, self-righteous, insensitive bitch. That pretty much sums it up.

Rachel: She looked so beautiful tonight! I loved her hair! Obviously, as a hardcore Naley fan, I couldn't stand Rachel last season, but this season, my heart really goes out to her. She's a young girl who basically grew up with no morals, no structure, and now she has to try to survive in the world, and it's really hard when people like Victoria are beating her down. I hope she's able to straighten herself out and that we see more of her.

Mouth/Millicent: Really cute pairing. I think their relationship brings an innocene to this show that is refreshing to see. But I always liked the relationship Mouth had with Rachel, too. It was very ambiguous. I loved Millicent's dress in tonight's episode, too! So pretty!

Lucas/Lindsey: Again, not a very Lucas-heavy episode. And it was fantastic! lol, I love Lucas, but sometimes the episodes where he is front and center grate my cheese a little bit. He should listen to Haley, though. He should NOT marry Lindsay. I really like Lindsay, and if he breaks off the engagement, obviously it's going to break her heart, but it's going to break her heart more in the long run if they actually get married and he cheats on her or something.

Peyton: Two episodes in a row without bitchy/immature Peyton. Thank God. I loved that she was able to be friendly with Lucas without being melodramatic and be cordial to Lindsay without being ridiculous. I hope she doesn't do anything too tricky next week. Let things happen. Let Lucas be the one to decide. Don't lower yourself to fight over a guy, Peyton.

Chase: Lookin' good tonight, buddy! I must say, though, if you try to make a move on your friend's girlfriend, you're going to be in big trouble with me. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. We don't need anymore love triangles!

Owen: Hottie Mc-Hot-Hot. Not as hot as James, but still hot. I loved that scene where he was sitting in the chair and Brooke was on his lap. He's so big and she's so tiny! They make a cute couple.

Dan: Dan the Man wastes no time, does he? Get out of jail, get laid. He is NOT a good guy, but I'm so happy to see him out of jail. He's the core of this show. Everything stems from him. We need him back. Should be great. Paul Johansson rocks!

Blonde Woman in Bed With Dan: Good lord, get out! I'd be so freaked!

As for the preview for next week . . . I'm so excited (mainly because I saw a Naley kiss and a Moira return) and so anxious (because I saw ****-bag Carrie) and so intrigued (because of Dan's "perfect opportunity for a family reunion" line.) The hundreth episode! Should be HUGE.

I love Season 5!

-April
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 03-11-2008 at 07:45 PM
Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer (View Post)
I wish I could say I have no complaints with this show but it's the same old story. Haley gets about as many lines as a glorified extra while several peripheral characters get to wax on and on about their feelings. I'm certain Rachel, Mouth, Millicent, and probably even Chase had more lines than Haley did. Not only that but she gets to be the shrew to boot. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Really? I am glad I watched AI. This show loves to dump on Haley and make her look like a bitch because her husband didn't tell her Psycho!Nanny kissed him.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The women Dan hooked up with was the hooker Psycho Derek sent to the hospital last season
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought this week was amazing!!! The NHJ scenes were so sad and filled with emotion. And finally Brooke stood up to Victoria! I have been waiting for that. I literally shouted "GOOD FOR YOU!"

But this episode also made me realize I don't like Brooke/Owen as much as I thought I did. They re-introduced Chase and I remembered how much I liked him and Brooke together. And that he made me open up. I wish he would come back. He needs to stay far away from Peyton before he is ruined forever just like Lucas!

And I am kinda 50/50 on Haley saying for Lucas not to marry Lindsey. I know she is upset about her marriage and probably against it completely right now. But if it's because she thinks Lucas should be with Peyton then that is all twisted. Since in this show Nathan is Haley's Peyton. His one true love that she is destined to be with. I would think Lindsey would be the better choice in her eyes and not his high school girlfriend. It would make sense since Haley is bitter about how her life turned out.

Lastly Jamie was so so adorable tonight! That kid just keeps getting cuter and more talented. His words and faces broke my heart!

And yay new Gavin DeGraw music! I knew it right away. That guys voice kills me!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Congratulations to writer Zachary Haynes on his first OTH episode! And congrats to Michael Leone on his directorial debut!

This episode had a very old-school season one vibe to me. I think the music contributed (new Gavin DeGraw!!), but it was so sweet and heartfelt and real.

What I liked:

Jamie: I'll never quit saying how much Jackson as Jamie elevates this show. He is such a talented kid, and so good at showing emotion. And he definitely showed a lot in this episode! I loved "ooh, I went to a great party last weekend" "cotton candy, moon bounce, wacky string … oh, and donkey rides". He's a heartbreaker when he's sad. And Chester the bunny is too cute. I was cracking up that his foot kept shaking during the scene. I was like, is he scared, or do bunnies just do that? Also loved "is he your boyfriend?" with his cute little shy look.

Lucas/Lindsey: I'm a hardcore believer in LP as soulmates, but I'll admit to being slowly reeled in by their relationship and their chemistry. I still don't want it to happen, but I can't help but feel conflicted because I sincerely like Lindsey, and I do like them together. But I'm all about the soulmates. (I felt that way about Dawson and Joey though, and look where that got me. LOL)

Lucas/Peyton: their friendship chemistry was so cute in the rivercourt scene. And I give Peyton huge props for finally being able to handle the situation like the Peyton we've always known.

Skills/Jamie: I love these two and their relationship. I go back to Skills promising Haley when she was pregnant that he'd always have Jamie's back. He's such a good and caring and fun uncle, and those two have great chemistry onscreen.

Brooke/Owen: still loving this couple, their cute little "kiss me Owen" twirl at the mall was so sweet. I'm so glad he's continued to push her to see her value and how she deserves so much better than the treatment she gets from Victoria.

I was yay-ing for Brooke *finally* taking a stand with Victoria, heartbreaking as it was. When V. said "I'm your mother" I wanted Brooke to say "yeah, you're fired as my mother too".

Loved the returns of Bevin and Chase, in limited doses they both enhanced the episode. I totally called that Bevin married Tim, that's just too funny.

Nathan/Haley:, breaking my heart, but James and Joy bring so much depth and emotion to all their scenes, while it's sad it's also just great to watch. They just bring it, consistently, the chemistry is through the roof. Loves it, love.

Some favorite lines:

Skills: "Actually I'm amazed how little he is because his heart is so big". (say it with me: awwwwwww)

Nathan: "You always meddle Luke. It's what you do".

Cute cultural references:

Brooke: "Have Nathan and Haley even talked since Nathan went all Jude Law with the hot nanny? Peyton: "We warned her".

Brooke: "They call it Winona syndrome when you have everything and you resort to petty theft for the cheap thrill".

And the Dan stuff? Scary, twisted, scary and really scary. Did I mention scary?

Did *not* expect that last line from Haley. At all.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't think they made Haley look like a shrew. Their scenes didn't bother me so much. I think she was just really hurt and did miss Nathan, but also didn't know where to go from there.

I'm just thinking about her walking up to Nathan in the promo for next week and kissing him.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
And I am kinda 50/50 on Haley saying for Lucas not to marry Lindsey. I know she is upset about her marriage and probably against it completely right now. But if it's because she thinks Lucas should be with Peyton then that is all twisted. Since in this show Nathan is Haley's Peyton. His one true love that she is destined to be with. I would think Lindsey would be the better choice in her eyes and not his high school girlfriend. It would make sense since Haley is bitter about how her life turned out.
Actually, I think it was about his book. If you watch the scene again, she closes Lucas' manuscript and then calls Lucas. It was just earlier in the episode when she was telling Lucas that she was glad that he was marrying Lindsey, so I don't think that Haley wanting Lucas to be with Peyton is the reason why she called Lucas and told him that. I think that the book is the reason.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaWitter (View Post)
The women Dan hooked up with was the hooker Psycho Derek sent to the hospital last season
OMG, I knew she looked familiar!
ღღღ
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, in my review, I forgot to mention the SMOLDERING looks Nathan and Haley were giving each other tonight. The chemistry those two have is just through the roof. Always has been.

And I forgot to mention the hilarity of Bevin and Tim!

-April
ICON
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaWitter (View Post)
Seriously?

I'm pretty sure Haley realized something about LL that isn't quite right. She realizes that Lindsey is never going to be what Peyton is to him and he won't be truly happy down the road if he doesn't have kind of love where no matter how hurt you are, you still love them at the end of the day.
You are my purpose, you're everything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread