Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

It was not the case in s4 that Peyton only wanted Lucas when he had someone else. Brooke dumped Lucas, he was single and Peyton still wanted him. It kind of goes against that logic. They also stayed together and commited to a long distance relationship.

She also came back for him this season and didn't know he was with Lindsey at the time. So it doesn't really ring true there either.

I really hated that line from Lucas, because it seemed to be more pushing a popularist myth than anything else.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Peyton is being blamed for kissing Lucas. And being mean to Lindsey for no reason. Not for misunderstandings between LP or the cause of breakup. And I don't appreciate being called silly for what i think of Peyton.
flawed perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

They had three years to get closure. I think we saw in previous episodes that they had plenty of opportunities to talk but neither came forward. Just because Lucas moved on with his life doesn't mean that Peyton has any right to try and come between him and Lindsay. Regardless of if they had any closure or not.

And Peyton's attitude lately hasn't helped. She has a chance to take the high road and be happy for Lucas (even if she's not) and be nice to Lindsay but by being difficult and causing friction, she's acting like she's still in high school.
You. Yes. You. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you there Rosy
She only seems to want Lucas when he's dating someone else
and only wants to be friends with Brooke when she's not with Lucas

I'm really sorry for bashing Peyton I don't mean too, its just hard with her cheating someitmes being made out to be ok and don't worry I feel the same way about Lucas

Lucas isnt being the best on moral levels either I'm seriously over the both of them unless they grow up and confront thier feelings maturely. Maybe i wouldnt have as a big problem with the whole LP situation if their buildup was handled in better context then coming out so forced, and last nights episode proved that for me...it was just forced, it needs to head in a better direction. I know Lindsey will still get hurt because she loves him well, but it might hurt less if Lucas just lets Lindsey in (sounds like someone else) he should tell her and if he doesnt feel the same way confront his feelings about Peyton and not go and propose to Lindsey

the little dying the hair bit was a bit much for me

Owen wasn't that bad...hehehe

Peyton is being a good friend to Brooke i like that, but i will never condone her cheating. I used to love her epesically in season 2, she was so much less insecure, and I know Lindsey may pose as a threat in the LP realtionship, but still she doesnt deserve to be treated the way she did, and I loved how she was finally fed up and spoke let the truth of how she was feeling out to Peyton...her insecruties or how hurt she was feeling was something we never got see out of Brooke
Brooke is a great friend and my favorite character and i felt bad for bashing her, but she is still think she's acting the most mature out of the rest

Why can't the writer ever let Naley be happy...they have Jamie i know a child doesnt bring happiness, but i really want to see adorable family scenes between them like we did in the 505 flashback.

Jerry D ur analysis or review of the episdoes speak volumes its nice to hear a neutral perspective on things, especially since the rest of us , myself included can come out so biased at times. I'm glad ur enjoying OTH and hope u enjoy the previous seasons
...Funny thing about scars, they're always there; doesn't mean they haven't healed...
prettygirl6310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

sorry for the double post...but Peyton shouldn't be the only one to be blamed for the kiss, she intiated it, yes, but Lucas also pulled her back in and on my terms their both at fault.

Peyton loves him and ur right u shouldn't give up, but everything as its limits and P crossed the line
Hopefully Haley gives them a peice of her mind

on how she frowns upon this
...Funny thing about scars, they're always there; doesn't mean they haven't healed...
prettygirl6310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

I really don't think Haley will get involved this time. she gave Lucas a piece of her mind last time, and he did it again, so she can't save him everytime.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully Hales will give Peyt a piece of her mind this time.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

I really hope Haley doesn't play moral judge judy. I mean it's not like she's never dones this kind of thing before.

Yes it's a long time ago and maybe she feels she has the right to start saying how it was wrong of her then, so she knows when it's wrong and that's true.

I also remember though how she hated Peyton going off on her about leaving Nathan in s3. So I don't know. I just feel like sometimes it's not someones job to go round reading the riot act to everyone.

Haley is best friends with Lucas and friends with Lindsey and they're together. So if she wants to go off on Lucas then fine. With Peyton though, Peyton doesn't even like Lindsey. Yes she could go off on Peyton about it because of Lucas perhaps, but then it is Lucas' choice to kiss back.

I always resent the term boyfriend stealer, as if someone is property that can be stolen. There's always choices involved with both parties. I'll only see Haley's anger as transference over how angry she is about the Carrie stuff if she's going off on Peyton really.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

But she learned from it and paid for it, so ... Kinda a different thing. Not to mention Peyton just went around being bitchy to Haley continiously with snide remarks, whereas I'd like it if Haley just gave her a speech how how wrong she was to do what she did.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Haley paid the price, like Brit said. And Peyton gave her a hard time. So, idk, Haley once saying something wouldnt be that big a deal.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't think she's consistant with her loving of Lucas. She loves him when she can't have him. Any other time she gets bored.
Well *I* sure as hell get bored of them. But that's not why I'm posting

I don't think Peyton is consistent with her loving of Lucas either. I bet top dollar that if Jake came back, Peyton would come running, wanting to hold Jenny, be part of Jake's world and family again. Besides, she DID tell Jake someday... (reference to Over the Hills and Far Away, I think the last Jeyton scene of S3).
*Gelina* / PIACORE!
ForeverOTH_Sevengee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Haley didn't know Peyton back then as well as she knew Lucas. She gave Lucas most of the heat because he was the one with the girlfriend. More than that she knows her best friend and she was disappointed in him.

This time she knows Peyton well enough, about what happened last time and how it effected Brooke, Lucas and Peyton.

I think Haley's perfectly allowed to tell them her opinion especially since it'll hurt someone who is also one of Haley's friends.
You. Yes. You. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Surely Haley paid for it, because of what Nathan did to her. Peyton is now paying for it having to see LL engaged. That is her punishment. Not Haley trying to judge her.

"Let he (or she in this instance) who is without sin cast the first stone". And all that.

Really it's LL and LP's problem to deal with. Haley is getting into other people's business, partly because she has problems of her own that she isn't dealing with. I didn't like Peyton judging her in s3 and I don't like this now. It seems it's being paralled though. Like with Peyton in s3 Haley leaving touched a nerve because of the "people always leave" complex she's always had. This season Haley is worried about Carrie hitting on Nathan, so she's seeing Peyton as the 'other woman' and transferring her anger onto her.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Well, Haley hasn't yet. Maybe she won't even.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Absolute Fan

No, you don't walk away...but you don't kiss somebody when they're in a relationship. It's just not right even if you want closure. Sure if they were both single and they wanted to see if there was still anything there, then it might have had a point. However, the kiss didn't have a point and Peyton had no right to do it. She could've made her point without kissing Lucas.

Lucas is totally wrong in this too. He shouldn't have pulled her into a second kiss. I don't know what kind of point they're trying to prove with Lucas and Peyton but I'm not getting it and I never will.
sweetestsin1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread