Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dominique* (View Post)
letsgosailing:I dislike the fact that while she identifies with Lindsay and she knows how hurt she was, she told Peyton to go for it, follow her heart or whatever. Brooke would never ever say something like that especially after being hurt twice by Lucas and Peyton.
I agree, there is no way I buy Brooke encouraging Peyton to 'go get him'; she knows what it was like to be "the lindsay" in that situation and be cheated on, therefore there is definately no way she'd condone it, unless she had major amnesia and couldn't remember her whole senior year!

L&P/E&B/C&B/M&L
Eliza
letsgosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli5 (View Post)
Stop following her everywhere questioning her about what she did what she did and bringing up the proposal three years ago..
actually, it's Peyton that brought up the proposal in 5.06
Old 02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Brooke wants both Lucas and Peyton to be happy and she knows that is only with each other. She knows that if Lucas stays with Lindsey, both of them will end up unhappy. So I absolutely buy her telling Peyton to "go get her man".
I love Hilarie and Sophia together this year, they are so great in all their scenes with each other...funny and sweet!!
In the new CW source interview with Hilarie she is loving being kind an "antagonist" this year.
I laughed so hard when Peyton sent the "bitter shrew" to Victoria and then gave her that look!!
I am a little disconcerted by the portrayal of Haley though - she's smarter than to not be catching on to the nanny.
I hope that Mouth will be back to his old self now.
and finally something redeeming about Q!
OTHfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
New Fan

Peyton believes that what she and Lucas had (true love) is still there and that’s what she’s fighting for, she owed that to herself and to Lucas as well. If the time comes when she feels like she’s fighting a losing battle, when what she believes is no longer true then I think that is when she should back out. In this case, when everything is out in the open and Lucas still wants to marry Lindsey, then I think Peyton should back out.
*miss_g* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I suppose we'll see how next week plays out - the way they left it I think Peyton should take another shot at trying to figure out where Lucas stands and why he did what he did....we'll see.
I just think that lindsey is so blah and boring!
..and now for the NOT boring - Have I mentioned that I LOVE BP together this year? - they are terrific in every episode!!
Owen is kind of growing on me - I think Brooke deserves an adult relationship. It was great to see her tell Victoria that Victoria works for her not the other way around - finally!!! Go Brooke!
I still want to see some more of Peyton standing up to Victoria for Brooke though it is so sweet...and she's served up some great smacks to Victoria!!!
Maybe Peyton will say to he** with Lucas and she and Brooke will concentrate on their respective businesses and being friends.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just wanted to give my two cents about Nathan/Haley/Carrie...This nanny storyline is unoriginal and predictable, and so far the way it’s playing out is really tacky and embarrassing. Storylines like this is why I am a closeted OTH viewer.

If the writers or TPTB were so insistent on doing a psycho-nanny storyline, they could have been a tad more creative – hell, make it a male-nanny making the moves on Haley or even if they had Carrie making the moves on Haley. But the same clichéd ‘“hot” female nanny seducing the husband’... YAWN. And then to make the smart and cautious Haley oblivious to what is happening around her, in her home and to her family is even more frustrating. And then of course we’ve got good old Nathan keeping things from his wife...yet again. It’s just tiresome.

And it’s not even that I’m a NH fan who is worried that they will break up. I am a NH fan, but I’m predominantly a Haley/Joy fan, so if they break up, it won’t crush me. I would ship Haley with whoever she wanted to be with. IMO, as much as I do love NH, I’ve always felt that Haley deserves more, and I know that Joy is capable of much more and deserves much more than this weak storyline.
oth_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

i'll be honest: you gotta admire Peyton's persistence. she lets everyone else treat her horribly and lets her self be taken advantage over and over, but she has this confidence with Lucas that is like..wow!! i think she figures sje's alreasy lost enough people.. she's not giving up Lucas either.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just something in general that I've wanted to say for a long time - I think Brooke and Peyton are terrific together and I wish the people who have an either/or mentality ("Team Brooke or Team Peyton") could let it go and appreciate and/or comment on the things they enjoy without bashing one of them.
The absolute most enjoyable thing about this year consistently has been the BP friendship. No friction - just friendly jabs and heartfelt hugs.
Anyone agree?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it would be awesome if Lucas proposed to Lindsey because after kissing Peyton he realized that there was nothing there anymore, and he doesn't feel that way about her anymore - that he wants Lindsey.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was terrible the characters are really beginning to become decharacterized<---I dont think thats a word, but anyhow could Brooke have been any more OOC. It just doesnt make any sense for her to make all those pro-LP speeches and basically illustrate that cheatings ok (what a great message to portray especially to youngsters) Brooke knows what its like to be Lindsey and even if P is her best friend she shouldn't be telling her to basically tear LL apart she should be telling her to mull it over and if she wants tell Lucas how she feels but not tear them apart and in the end its Lucas's decision to be with who he wants even if that means no Peyton. All the mauturity Brooke built up in the first 5 episodes basically backfired and where back to square 1 high school drama. Lindsey doesnt deserve Lucas right now, he's treating her like crap...heck Lucas doesnt deserve anyone and Peyton needs to grow up. What ever happened to Brooke saying that she knows what it feels like to get her heart broken and she wouldnt wish that on anyone not even her worst enemy (so why the hell is she basically wishing it on Lindsey) and i thought she liked Lindsey

Other then that Pyscho Nanny needs to fly away
and I thought Mouth and Milly were cute, Milly's such an adorable character
...Funny thing about scars, they're always there; doesn't mean they haven't healed...
prettygirl6310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Administrator

I have incredibly mixed feelings about this episode, because while it brought certain issues to a head that had been simmering for a long time, I thought that so much of the episode was over the top, and some characters acted in ways that were either disappointing or totally unrealistic.

This was really an ensemble episode, where all of the characters gathered in one place, Tric, and their interactions brought out the best in some people, but the worst in others. I thought it was wonderful to see Brooke basically host this party and bring everyone together, but it was obvious that there was a lot of tension between members of the “new crew,” and members of the “old crew,” as the hostility between Lindsey and Peyton was palpable in this episode, and it was all brought on by Lucas, who’s become the Hamlet of Tree Hill, because he’s the man who can’t make up his mind.

As has been the case in every episode this season, Brooke was my favorite character, because she’s such a good friend to everyone, and I thought it was sweet that she set up Millicent and Mouth. I was happy to see Millicent and Mouth hit it off, but then Alice ruined their budding relationship with her threats, and it took Brooke to make Mouth see how much of himself he was compromising to get a promotion, and I was glad that he finally found the courage to stand up to Alice, even though it seemingly cost him his job, and I hope he can make amends with Millicent, because she looked so crushed when she turned away from her kiss, and she didn’t deserve such treatment.

Speaking of someone not deserving to be treated so badly by people, I felt bad for Brooke in this episode, because her mother, once again, tried to crush her spirit with her embarrassing behavior and cruel words, and I didn’t like how she said that Brooke was acting like a child and that she needed to grow up, because if anyone was acting like a child, Victoria was, and I don’t like how she knows precisely what to say to hurt Brooke and get her back under her control. I also feel that Brooke, more than any other character on this show, has grown up, and I didn’t like Owen saying that he would date her when she grew up, which basically echoed her mother’s spiteful and untrue assessment of her. I also didn’t like Owen telling Brooke that she would be just like her mother in the future. Poor Brooke! She’s such a sweet and supportive friend to everyone, but I don’t think she gets the respect she deserves from anyone. I didn’t like how she was used to prop up both Lucas and Peyton when she told Lucas that Peyton had come back for him and when she told Peyton she should go after Lucas because Lindsey didn’t stand a chance, because she had been the Lindsey at one time. Yes, she had been the Lindsey at one time, so she had to know how much that hurt her, so I simply can’t see her encouraging Peyton to once again come between Lucas and someone else that loves him and that he’s in a committed relationship with, because Brooke did love Lucas, and she also was in a committed relationship with him, and she was hurt so much because of Lucas and Peyton, so it makes no sense to me that she would encourage Peyton to “follow her heart” even if “following her heart” means breaking up yet another relationship and hurting an innocent person like she had been hurt.

I really hated the Nathan and Carrie storyline in this episode, and this whole scenario is beyond ridiculous, and it’s more than that, it’s outright sleazy. No man who has even a modicum of respect for his wife and concern for the welfare of his son would allow someone like Carrie to behave like she did in this episode, and all this is doing is making Nathan look incredibly stupid and irresponsible. Carrie is nothing but trouble, and if there were any doubts about her intensions before, they were erased in this episode by her over the top and brazen behavior. Also, Tric isn’t that big a club, so I don’t understand why Haley didn’t get to see Carrie in action as she blatantly tried to seduce her husband. I find this whole storyline to be insulting to the fans of Nathan and Haley, both as a couple and as individuals, and I consider this whole storyline to be totally unnecessary.

Segueing into other storylines that are totally unnecessary, I hate the love triangle that’s been created between Lucas, Peyton, and Lindsey. In this episode, I was actually happy to see Lindsey get fed up by how she’s been treated by her vacillating boyfriend and his not quite ex girlfriend, and I thought she had every right to lash out at them both, especially Lucas, who says he loves her, but who doesn’t act like he loves her, because he can’t seem to stay away from Peyton, and he’s been wrong to try and force them to be friends. It’s patently obvious that Lucas still loves Peyton, but he doesn’t have the courage to admit that to anyone, not to Lindsey, not to Peyton, and not to himself. I can’t condone cheating, so if the intent of all of this is to show that Lucas and Peyton are meant to be together, the writers are approaching this entirely the wrong way, because an innocent person is once again getting hurt in the process, and Lucas, by his ambivalent and contradictory behavior, is hurting both Lindsey and Peyton.

The confrontation between Lucas and Peyton had been coming for a long time, but I don’t like how he forced the issue with her, and although her honesty with him was heartbreaking, I don’t like the fact that he once again brought up the fact that he asked her to marry him and she said “no” because she didn’t say no, and it’s so unfair and childish of him to say that she did, and it dismayed me that he basically beat her down emotionally to the point where even she said she said no to him. She didn’t say no to him, and he wasn’t being fair to her three years ago, and he’s not being fair to her now by toying with her emotions like he’s been doing, and he really topped the cake in this episode by returning her kiss, and right after he did that, he went and proposed to Lindsey, giving her Peyton’s ring! I don’t know why so many people blame Peyton for all of this, because Lucas has led her on, and now he’s broken her heart by proposing to Lindsey. I also don’t understand why Lindsey would have said yes to his proposal, because she knows that Lucas still loves Peyton, and the way he’s been behaving has made her miserable, so does she really think that the fact that he’s asked her to marry him will change any of that?

I really liked seeing how Mia, encouraged by Haley and Peyton, and spurred on by Jason’s cruel taunting of her, gave the performance of her life and wowed the crowd, and I hope that we’ve seen the last of Jason/Kevin Federline. My favorite part of the episode was when Peyton sent Victoria a drink called the “bitter shrew” and pointed proudly to how well Mia was doing, because we saw how Victoria had humiliated Mia.

I didn’t like the fact that Haley had to witness the never ending drama that is known as Lucas and Peyton right after she had to witness both Nathan and Quentin lose their tempers, and I don’t like how poor Haley is never really allowed to be happy, as it seems that “Nannygate” will somehow wreck her marriage. It seems on any WB/CW show, the writers and producers think that compelling drama is created when you either break up the couples on the show, or you create conflict between the characters, because I saw it in spades on Dawson’s Creek, and I know I’m seeing it again on One Tree Hill.

Overall, I found this episode to be disappointing, and I thought it was the worst episode of the season so far.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTHfamily (View Post)
I suppose we'll see how next week plays out - the way they left it I think Peyton should take another shot at trying to figure out where Lucas stands and why he did what he did....we'll see.
Peyton has laid everything out. Asking Lucas not to marry Lindsey next episode is unnecessary. Now it’s Lucas turn to do the same, whether it favors Peyton or not, I think she needs to hear it.
*miss_g* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Fab post, JD!
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn’t like the fact that Haley had to witness the never ending drama that is known as Lucas and Peyton right after
I know you didn't watch the other seasons, but it's funny because the same thing happened in S1, when Lucas and Peyton were cheating behind Brooke's back, Haley saw them making out.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Thanks Lucy!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread