Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape (View Post)
I really came into S5 with an open mind, too. Willing to forget the past seasons. I mean, if the characters are four years in the future and their behavior and actions are behind them why shouldn't I put it behind me as a fan (term used loosely)? And I do like Lucas this season too. But the problem is that some characters (namely Peyton) refuse to let the past go and act their age. Up to the same antics, disrespecting her friend's friends (she just wanted to "interrupt" H/L), to disrespecting Lucas' serious love life. She's walking around with a major bitch face on, pouting and whining about her "too large and too free office", consequences of her decisions to put her mail job over the supposed love of her life, and being plainly miserable. It's kind of tiring, tbh.

As a Brooke fan, it is so refreshing that the character is painting a new canvas and turning over a new leaf. She feels so real and relatable, and she's growing up! It's what I wanted to see from the main 5. Including Peyt.
Well said and I agree.
Serene_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dominique* (View Post)
It is impossible to separate the past from what happened (or has been happening) last night. They are characters that we have been following for 5 years now and they have become real to us in good and bad ways. I cannot forget what Lucas and Peyton have done in the past and be like "OMG wow they will get back together again the same way" and actually root for them this time around. It is impossible. I think Mark lost a great opportunity to write L/P in another light with this new season. Now he is just recycling old storylines that have made some people turn against them the first time around. I didn't like what they did to Brooke before, I am not going to like it this season with Lindsay. I actually like Lindsay. I just wish she would run fast away from Lucas at this point.
I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you bash at all. I always enjoy reading your reviews, actually.

I wish Lindsey would run as far away from Lucas as she possibly can too, but for whole other reasons I can imagine.
Sparkling_Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dominique* (View Post)
It is impossible to separate the past from what happened (or has been happening) last night. They are characters that we have been following for 5 years now and they have become real to us in good and bad ways. I cannot forget what Lucas and Peyton have done in the past and be like "OMG wow they will get back together again the same way" and actually root for them this time around. It is impossible. I think Mark lost a great opportunity to write L/P in another light with this new season. Now he is just recycling old storylines that have made some people turn against them the first time around. I didn't like what they did to Brooke before, I am not going to like it this season with Lindsay. I actually like Lindsay. I just wish she would run fast away from Lucas at this point.
I agree completely.

Also- why is there a 2nd thread for this ep? The last time I was on the OTH board was this morning at like 9. And now I come back to this. So what happened?

I'd also like to add that while I don't like LP together I have come to the conclusion that they are the main ship/couple on the show. I just don't like the way Mark is bringing them together.
Brody♥Bilson
How Cute Is She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
I agree completely.

Also- why is there a 2nd thread for this ep? The last time I was on the OTH board was this morning at like 9. And now I come back to this. So what happened?

I'd also like to add that while I don't like LP together I have come to the conclusion that they are the main ship/couple on the show. I just don't like the way Mark is bringing them together.
Ha I was wondering that, there must have been some heated arguments going on in the last thread!

I love LP and I hate how Mark is bringing them together...he's cheapening their relationship and causing ALOT of pain for everyone involved along the way...surely he could have taken another path for their relationship that didn't include cheating AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dominique*
I think Mark lost a great opportunity to write L/P in another light with this new season. Now he is just recycling old storylines that have made some people turn against them the first time around.
ITA, well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape
But the problem is that some characters (namely Peyton) refuse to let the past go and act their age.
I see where your coming from and I agree, I think the problem is that Peyton hasn't been back to Tree Hill since high school so she still has all these unresolved issues etc. Lucas says that he has 'moved on' but he hasn't either and at least Peyton is being honest about how she feels! I'm hoping that Peyton will pull back over the next few eps and focus more on straightening her life out, she's very screwed up at the moment and I think hanging around Luke is the last thing she needs! I want the strong, independent Peyton from seasons before, Peyton this season is so sad and lonely, she needs some love!

L&P/E&B/C&B/M&L
Eliza
letsgosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Wow there is so much discussion here, I agree with a lot of things said about Peyton and Lucas and even though everyone is talking about Leyton I am hoping nothing bad happens with Naley. I love all the characters and this episode just had so much drama..it was a lot to take in from every which way. I don't know what Lucas was thinking...but I really don't know what's going on with the whole Leyton/Linday story now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosailing (View Post)
I see where your coming from and I agree, I think the problem is that Peyton hasn't been back to Tree Hill since high school so she still has all these unresolved issues etc. Lucas says that he has 'moved on' but he hasn't either and at least Peyton is being honest about how she feels! I'm hoping that Peyton will pull back over the next few eps and focus more on straightening her life out, she's very screwed up at the moment and I think hanging around Luke is the last thing she needs! I want the strong, independent Peyton from seasons before, Peyton this season is so sad and lonely, she needs some love!
I completely agree, she really needs to figure out her life...

If anyone is interested I have 775 Caps of the eppy up at My Site (First update)
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

There's a second thread made because there were far too many posts on the last one... way past the maximum of 300.

Quote:
I really came into S5 with an open mind, too. Willing to forget the past seasons. I mean, if the characters are four years in the future and their behavior and actions are behind them why shouldn't I put it behind me as a fan (term used loosely)? And I do like Lucas this season too. But the problem is that some characters (namely Peyton) refuse to let the past go and act their age. Up to the same antics, disrespecting her friend's friends (she just wanted to "interrupt" H/L), to disrespecting Lucas' serious love life. She's walking around with a major bitch face on, pouting and whining about her "too large and too free office", consequences of her decisions to put her mail job over the supposed love of her life, and being plainly miserable. It's kind of tiring, tbh.

As a Brooke fan, it is so refreshing that the character is painting a new canvas and turning over a new leaf. She feels so real and relatable, and she's growing up! It's what I wanted to see from the main 5. Including Peyt.
ITA.

Love Brooke, as always. I just wish she had someone who was supporting her half as much as she is supporting everyone around her!
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just wish she had someone who was supporting her half as much as she is supporting everyone around her!
Yeah, like I said its one of the reasons I was disappointed to learn that Peyton came back for Lucas, and Lucas alone and that Brooke knew it. I wish someone loved B unconditionally and put her first in their life like she does her friends. I thought that person was Peyton, I'm sad to hear it confirmed that it's not.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

It’s hard to know where to start really. I’m not sure there are many if any positives from this episode. If this episode was meant to sicken and drive away fans then it certainly worked.

Brooke- My favourite character. She always will be. Without a doubt I believe she is the best character in season 5, no contest. She has shown so much growth over the years. I can’t help but love her. That being said as much as I loved the majority of her scenes tonight I was left absolutely disgusted with the BP conversation. It has to be the most OOC moment I have ever seen. Brooke would never ever say that. She would not condone cheating in any way. She has been in Lindsey’s position as she said, she knows what’s its like to be hurt at the hands of LP so for her to tell Peyton to go after Lucas knowing full well he is with Lindsey I found sickening and unbelievable. I hate the writers for making her say it. I don’t understand it and I doubt I ever will. The only possible explanation I can come up with for Brooke’s pro LP speech is that once again the writers are using other characters to enhance LP’s popularity. If they think by making Brooke pro LP that Brooke and BL fans will like and support LP then they are seriously wrong. It only makes people hate them more. I get that Brooke wants to support Peyton, and I get that Brooke wants to see Lucas and Peyton, two of her closest friends happy, but what she said to Peyton was completely out of order. I just wish they would leave Brooke out of this LLP mess. Before this episode I could at least look forward to her scenes, now it seems they are trying to destroy them too.

Lucas- I don’t know what the hell has happened. I really don’t. I used to love this character, I wanted him to be with my favourite character and I guess on some level I still do. But the Lucas I saw tonight I don’t want anywhere near Brooke. He seriously needs to make up his mind. He did right by pulling away from the kiss but then for him to kiss her I was like what the hell are you doing. I don’t know why the writers feel the need to destroy his character like this.

LP- Have they learned nothing? Honestly I have never seen anything like it. I thought that having been in that position before and having seen the damage they caused that they would have learned from it and known not to repeat the same mistake again. Do they enjoy hurting other people or something? I am disgusted by their behaviour and I can’t understand anyone who even tries to justify it. If Lucas still had feelings for Peyton then he should have broken up with Lindsey and then reunited with Peyton. And Peyton should never have kissed him. She knew he was in a relationship and yet she still did it. If she really loved him then she should just leave him alone and let him be happy. It’s true, she really does only want him when he’s with someone else. You know I shouldn’t have been surprised about LP cheating yet again. They cheated on Brooke and Brooke was Peyton’s best friend, poor Lindsey didn’t stand a chance. Seeing them cheat and hurt people, it's really getting old. How is anyone meant to believe they are meant to be when we are given so much proof that they simply aren't?

I feel bad for Haley yet again being put in this position. I hope she let’s both Lucas and Peyton knowing how appalling their actions are. I can understand Haley being worried and slightly angry with Nathan given what happened last time he was in a bar but I do think she was overreacting. It’s not like Nathan actually hit him or anything. I like Haley’s loyalty to Lindsey, they have clearly grown really close whilst Brooke and Peyton have been away and its good to see Haley has not ditched her now that they are back.

Peyton – Pathetic, selfish, and immature are just a few words I would use to describe her in this episode. I don’t know what the hell Peyton is thinking. I have never been able to understand her. I thought maybe she would be tolerable this season but it turns out she is worse than ever. Yet again she is putting her own needs first, she doesn’t seem to remember how much hurt she and Lucas caused Brooke, infact this girl doesn’t seem to think at all when it comes to others. Going over to Haley telling her she needed her when all she wanted to do was to get her away from Lindsey was beyond childish. She needs to grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old. Brooke was right, she has had her boyfriend stealing face on ever since she came back to TH.

Carrie- She needs to go far far away and never return. I don’t like her at all. I can’t believe how forward and blindingly obvious she is.

Nathan – I really liked Nathan this episode. I was so relieved when he turned off the light and I loved how he made sure to point out to Carrie that she still had not seen him jealous. I know he thought Haley was mad at him at the very end but I really think that had a lot more to do with LLP and her thinking what she was going to do.

Lindsey – I feel so unbelievably bad for her. I don’t know what to make of the engagement especially as it happened after the LP kiss. I would like to see the actual proposal as I think that would clear a few things up. I was glad Lindsey told Lucas she wasn’t going to be just a chapter in his book and it was good to see aware that she had changed since Peyton had returned and her saying how she didn’t want to be that person.

Quentin made me laugh this episode, I was rather thankful he was there tbh.

I don’t care about Mouth or Alice or Owen. I like Millicent, she is so sweet and I hope she never changes as I like her just the way she is. Victoria was horrid as usual. Brooke doesn’t need her but I think Brooke is just so scared of losing her mother after only recently reconnecting and spending any sort of time with her. I just wish Victoria would stop being such a bitch to her daughter. K-Fed can’t act, I hope we won’t be seeing him again. Not interested in the Mia storyline at all.

Vicky
Brucas4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

k-fed its gonna be a hurtin in this epi. i cant wait to see Mia perform!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I wish someone loved B unconditionally and put her first in their life like she does her friends.
I think last night episode showed that side of Brooke. How she is always there for everyone but in the end, nobody is there for her and all she wants is someone. She is scared that she will end up alone and like her mom. She puts on a nice facade but the vulnerability is still there.

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you bash at all. I always enjoy reading your reviews, actually.
Thank you. I know you were not saying I was bashing anyone but trust me I have to censure myself on this forum because of the rules and because I have been through this before with the Dawson's Creek couple wars and I have come to learn that in the end we are all fans of a TV show, we all have our preferences and not everyone can agree with us. I actually have no problem being rude toward a character on a TV show but when it comes to the people watching the TV, we all have to remember that a real human being is sitting in front of the computer and reading the posts. I do try to censure myself here and mostly when it comes to Lucas and Peyton and Mark who is really the only one we should blame. He chose to write this show this way. It is his choices. Like I said, he lost a great opportunity to make me root for Lucas and Peyton by going that way. It is just showing me how immature, childish and heartless they are and that this self-centered relationship will never be true love for me. I will always keep Brooke and Lucas and Jake and Peyton close to my heart.

But again, as angry as I can get with this show, I still watch and will till the end. I actually find season 5 much more entertaining than season 4 and Brooke is just amazing this season.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really think this show is going downhill to hell. I mean this season there is nothing to be excited about or nothing to enjoy. It's painful to watch and lame, I can't believe what they did with the characters and what they are doing still. I really miss what this show udes to be (like S1 - about two brothers, basketball, fresh connections and all that stuff. Now it's all about love drama everywhere, I hate it.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was left absolutely disgusted with the BP conversation. It has to be the most OOC moment I have ever seen. Brooke would never ever say that. She would not condone cheating in any way. She has been in Lindsey’s position as she said, she knows what’s its like to be hurt at the hands of LP so for her to tell Peyton to go after Lucas knowing full well he is with Lindsey I found sickening and unbelievable. I hate the writers for making her say it. I don’t understand it and I doubt I ever will. The only possible explanation I can come up with for Brooke’s pro LP speech is that once again the writers are using other characters to enhance LP’s popularity. If they think by making Brooke pro LP that Brooke and BL fans will like and support LP then they are seriously wrong. It only makes people hate them more. I get that Brooke wants to support Peyton, and I get that Brooke wants to see Lucas and Peyton, two of her closest friends happy, but what she said to Peyton was completely out of order. I just wish they would leave Brooke out of this LLP mess. Before this episode I could at least look forward to her scenes, now it seems they are trying to destroy them too.
Exactly what I've been saying.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I rewatched the episode and was thinking about the "I was the lindsay" comment made by Brooke...she says it in a lighthearted, joking kind of way which makes me think that maybe she's only referring to how Peyton was always 'involved' in their relationship and how Lucas always cared for her etc. She's not necessarily saying "He didn't love me", more like "He loved me but you were always in his life". I seriously don't think Brooke would discredit their relationship and their feelings for eachother. It spanned a couple of seasons and included huge declarations of love etc etc, not to mention that it took about 10 episodes for them to officially call it quits, so I'd like to think that Mark wouldn't make that big of a call...
Thats just how I've come to see it, does anyone else see it this way?

L&P/E&B/C&B/M&L
Eliza
letsgosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

That episode was a hot mess. Every single character was out of character. in some way. This was one of the worst episodes in a long time.

I don't like the fact that Peyton kissed Lucas, but Lucas should not have kissed her back. I liked what she told him. I'm glad she was honest with him about that, but she came on a little too strong after the kiss.

The LL engagement is such a WTF moment if I ever saw one. He should have the courage to be honest about what he's feeling. I'd like that, but sadly, this has become a soap opera. If Lucas is so damn happy and content with Lindsey than he should leave Peyton the hell alone. Stop following her everywhere questioning her about what she did what she did and bringing up the proposal three years ago. Lucas is not this little puppet controlled by stings. He's is his own person and is as much to blame as Peyton is.

LP aren't tainted for me, and still not for some people.
meli5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

letsgosailing: I agree 100% with you. I did NOT dislike the "I have been the Lindsay". I really don't think she meant it in the way that her relationship was nothing and Lucas didn't love her because he did love and she did make her happy. I dislike the fact that while she identifies with Lindsay and she knows how hurt she was, she told Peyton to go for it, follow her heart or whatever. Brooke would never ever say something like that especially after being hurt twice by Lucas and Peyton.