Sort of like Jean on X-Men 2.
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DanzinQueen:
<STRONG>
Sort of like Jean on X-Men 2.</STRONG>
I never thought of that... but yeah, it does look a lot similar!

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, Julie's hair looks nice. And most of the outfits in this episode were very cute! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited ~ Chickie ~ ]
Old 01-16-2004, 02:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, definitely glad I missed all the drama a couple of pages back.

laziest little sidekick summed up my opinion on the Summer thing the best:

Quote:
I love Summer, and she was one of my favorites parts of this episode, but I wish she'd get some self-respect and move on with her life.
This was completely not how I would expect Summer to behave. It would have been more believable for her to find some guy and use him as a way of making Seth jealous; to let him see what he's missing. Which, btw, I'm not saying is the correct way to go, but I believe is the most realistic according to what we've seen of her character so far.

Onto the episode:

I liked the Sandy/Jimmy business deal. Drunk!Sandy sneaking into the bedroom? Too bloody funny.

Hailey - Eh. Her leaving didn't really impact me; I didn't really get emotionally invested in her.

Marissa - Don't you see the wonderful, amazing, HOT boyfriend you have? C'mere Ryan, I'll give you some much deserved loving [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oliver - Yeah, as everyone unanimously agrees (Shock!) he's a freaking nut job who needs to get off the show now.

Seth - I'm really not liking his character right now, and that's saying a lot because I normally LOVE LOVE LOVE him. He needs to get some balls and either tell Summer to leave him and Anna alone, or admit to himself that he still feels something for Summer and let Anna know because it's not fair to her to be in that kind of relationship.

Seth/Anna - Doesn't really do it for me. I think it's because the actors don't have chemistry... Either that or it's because the writers have written their relationship in a way that I just don't like.

Luke - Love him! As my Seth love decreases, my Ryan and Luke love increase. He was so awesome. I'm really liking the idea of Luke/Ryan friendship. I love how their can bond over their mutual hatred of Oliver, much like we all do [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I also love the idea of a Luke/Summer friendship. They can bond over the fact they've lost someone they like and are now forced to see them everyday.

Liked the Kirsten/Julie interaction. Nicely acted.

Am I the only one who feels this show has gone from mock-soap opera to nitty-gritty soap opera? The previews for next week don't look appealing at all. I'm beginning to tire of the drama, and the quirky, snappy show I've come to love is slowly going away. The actors are still awesome, but I feel the writing (plots and characterization) has lots its edge. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show... I'm just discouraged/disappointed in it right now... Much like Gilmore Girls... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y:
<STRONG>Alex, c'mon, we know each other through some of the boards so I don't wanna argue with you personally or anything. But really, Anna fans and Seth/Anna fans have kept quiet for a long time while Samaire and Anna both have been bashed from here to kingdom come all over the board. The hate for her reigns supreme on this board. I was tired of it. If Summer fans can't take it they should settle down as well. I hate to be childish and fight fire with fire and all that, but really, Anna's been flat out trashed and no one has said anything about how badly she's been talked about. And I mean badly. Summer made some questionable choices in the last ep, and I admit I was eager to jump on her for it. But, she deserves it in my opinion regardless; regardless of Anna, Seth/Anna, or anything else. Her actions were awful. The fact that Anna has taken the brunt of such hate, is pretty terrible. I don't like to get involved, trust me, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know if you're talking to Anna supporters and Sock Monkeys in general, I assume you are because I've never seen you question the Anna bashers through their reign of hate, but if you are, that's really hypocritcal and just flat out wrong, and I guess Summer Dust really is a serious problem.</STRONG>
TOBY, I think a lot of people are going to want to marry you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ! WORD to everything you said.

I mean, I am a Breakfast Monkey and at one point I did like Summer but right now I cannot say that Summer rocks when she is for me really annoying and pathetic. I left the Canadian thread because it was not a general thread but a let's all bash Anna together thread. I think Anna's fans have been patient enough and have not say a thing since the shippers war started but there comes a point where some people need to say something. I know it is my case! I don't like what Summer is doing and I don't respect her for that. If it was Anna I would feel the same way. We are not judging the person but actually the actions and if it is wrong for one it is wrong for the other one also. I would so be mad at Anna for coming inbetween Summer and Seth and Seth had decide to see where it leads. I would be furious at Anna like I am right now at Summer.

The thing is if people cannot appreciate the people who will someday come between their fave couples, I think the fighting will never stop in here and this place will be like the new DC board. Seth and Summer are going to get together but at one point more people will come between them! Same thing goes for Marissa and Ryan but Marissa is stupid so I don't really care. Ryan rocks!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Total Fan

I like both S/A and S/S. I understand why Summer's acting the way she is, I might too if I were in her situation, but I do wish she'd back off just a little bit and give Seth and Anna some room.

Marissa is soo annoying. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] She's been irritating me more and more lately, and now it's to the point where I just don't like her. Ryan needs to find himself a new girlfriend and leave Marissa to Oliver. They're both nuts and completely intolerable.

I love Sandy and Kirsten. They're adorable. I'm really glad Sandy and Jimmy are going into business together. That'll be fun.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited *Krissy* ]

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree that Summer is being a little pathetic but I would rather have her be annoying than sitting around crying over Seth. She knows that he
”chose” Anna and this is the way she is dealing with it. Is it ridiculous? Yes. If I were her I would just suck it up and move on but this is a television show and that would be no fun to watch. I don’t necessarily agree with what Summer is doing but I think it’s funny and that’s all that matters to me at this point. I just was to be entertained and I’m not trying to find a deeper meaning in this show. Been there done that. Personally I think Anna is fools for letting Summer interfere in her relationship. Why doesn’t Anna stand up to Summer and tell her to back off? It’s not that hard. Seth has no spine at all. I’m not sure why Anna even wants him. Summer bosses him around and interferes in his relationship and he does nothing to stop it. If Anna doesn’t have the guts to tell Summer to back off, Seth needs to be a man and step up. I think he likes the attention the reason he doesn’t say anything.

Marrisa/Ryan- I’m beyond over. I liked them at first but now they don’t interest me at all. Ryan and Marrisa both annoy me so I couldn’t care less if they break up. I think I would welcome it at this point. Something needs to be done to liven up their their relationship. They're beginning to remind me of Charity/Miguel from Passions(one of the most boring couples in daytime history.)

I love Sandy and Kirsten. They are my favorite couple on the show.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dawsonandjo1:
<STRONG>I agree that Summer is being a little pathetic but I would rather have her be annoying than sitting around crying over Seth. She knows that he
”chose” Anna and this is the way she is dealing with it. Is it ridiculous? Yes. If I were her I would just suck it up and move on but this is a television show and that would be no fun to watch. I don’t necessarily agree with what Summer is doing but I think it’s funny and that’s all that matters to me at this point. I just was to be entertained and I’m not trying to find a deeper meaning in this show. Been there done that. Personally I think Anna is fools for letting Summer interfere in her relationship. Why doesn’t Anna stand up to Summer and tell her to back off? It’s not that hard. Seth has no spine at all. I’m not sure why Anna even wants him. Summer bosses him around and interferes in his relationship and he does nothing to stop it. If Anna doesn’t have the guts to tell Summer to back off, Seth needs to be a man and step up. I think he likes the attention the reason he doesn’t say anything.

</STRONG>
Mo, we meet again but for a different show (by the way we have to chat soon about The new Bachelorette). I think your last post express exactly how I feel. Yes I hate what Summer is doing but at the same time if I don't get too caught up in it, I can laugh. I have to view the show as pure entertainment and nothing more. I can honestly say that right now Summer is pathetic. The Summer I love would have run off to another guy to make Seth jealous and IMO, it would have been much more fun to watch than Summr being a bitch and getting in the way of every Seth and Anna times.

I also think you are right about Summer, Seth and Anna. Everything is so wrong about the triangle. Summer is annoying and pathetic because of what she is doing, Anna is kinda pathetic also because she doesn't tell Summer to f%%?&&***("/$% off and go away and Seth is beyond pathetic and the very new male Joey Potter because he has no spine and doesn't stand up for his choice or stand up for maybe having make a mistake with his choice. It's like season 4 of DC IMO except that instead of Dawson's ghost coming between Pacey and Joey, we get Summer's ghost coming between Seth and Anna except this time Summer is more than real... God she is annoying. Where is the Summer I love from The Escape?
Old 01-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved S/S/A. I actually really like Anna. But she doesn't belong with Seth. They're relationship is best friendsy in my eyes. There's just nothing there. Summer was awesome of course. I don't think she's annoying at all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love female characers who aren't weepy little waifs *coughMarissacough* Seth was his usual amazingly dorky self. I loved the the Anna/Seth rambling, but I still want to see him with Summer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I really like Oliver, in a sick sort of way. He's so crazy that I love it. I like how someone's really messing with Marissa and Ryan. Is that wrong?

Marissa is soooo dull. She is the dullest character in the history of television. She has the same expression on her face the entire show and has absolutely no personality. Even though Ryan is a little bland himself, he should really ditch her. I've never seen the Marissa/Ryan chemistry, and I never will. I hope it becomes the Seth and Summer show.
Mitt Mitt St Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

*waves to Dominique*
It looks like we're involved in another couple war. This should be fun. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh and I agree that Seth is turning into Joey Potter. Lord help us all.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dawsonandjo1:
<STRONG>*waves to Dominique*
It looks like we're involved in another couple war. This should be fun. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh and I agree that Seth is turning into Joey Potter. Lord help us all.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]</STRONG>
Here I was at the end of DC thinking I was done with Joey Potter. No more worst character on TV! Seth cannot become the male Joey... Lord help us... do something, please, we need help. LOL

As for the couples war, I prefer to leave FF forever instead of living DC round 2. I've done my share. Too much time and energy into couples war so don't count me in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

hey no need to leave FF now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

stick to the threads that do not judge, like the rysu thread [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] haha [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

also anyone who thinks they may leave PM me, i have something to send you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

darylღbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG I seriously hope that we do not encounter another DC war with The O.C.

The S/S/A Triangle cannot top that triangle between D/P/J, now that triangle was pure hatred involved in it, I think that is why it was considered one of the best/worst triangles. When TPTB had Dawson turn into this monster, screaming and yelling and hating, trying to make Joey choose, hating Pacey, blaming Pacey, I think it ruined the fun in it, I mean it even had the main actors into it, it became serious and divided the DC world - so to speak. I do wish they would have done that triangle differently so watching it would have been much more fun, I mean you couldn't post without getting your head bitten off. It was a scary thing, I mean hey we can get into some characters can't we? (LOL)

I think The S/A/S triangle is funny, hilarious, and not at all bad. I mean you have the nerdy (Yet gorgeous) virgin caught in this triangle between two girls, that DO NOT hate eachother. I mean both of them have had their chances at being childish and being serious, and being jealous, I laugh at it, I like when Summer is jealous and I liked when Anna was trying to make Summer jealous at the very beginning after returning for the first time since her Tahiti trip. I mean poor Seth didn't know which way to go, I mean that to me is hilarious, throwing this guy that has never had a girlfriend into a pit that he cannot get out of off, because well he hasn't got the experience to get out of it. (LOL). He is just being a typical guy, confused why to hot girls are fighting over him. Unaware of how cute and attractive he is.

I also seen where people were fighting over the sig lines like mine where Rachel would Choose Seth but Adam would choose Anna. I mean Hello It makes me want Adam more knowing he would choose Anna. I mean Anna is this laid back girl who dosen't care about society and has always came off that way, but then you have Summer who at the beginning was not liked, was a bitch and always was worried about society, now that she has did a complete 180 that don't matter, it's that fact Adam would rather choose the laid back girl who never cared, then the girl, who did care. I mean I like him more now, cause you know that it isn't looks, money, or style that he is after, it's personality and class. HEY NOW I MEAN THAT IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I mean who would you rather date, a guy that goes for looks, or your personality????? Well I would go for Adam [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I mean TPTB did make Summer come off in the beginning as a bitch, but I love her now.

Plus Anna is leaving Soon, so I don't think that this triangle will be anything like DC's.

OMG Seth the next Joey Potter, don't think so (LOL) he is just confused and excited all at the same time [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Okay I went way off Topic there, I was just saying as a Breakfast Clubber, I just am not mad at Seth or Anna or Summer, I am just sitting back patiently and waiting on Seth to realize that the feelings he has harbored for Summer for years, hasn't gone away and isn't going away for a very long time.

Also I do think it is rude to put down Actress's/Actor's who play the parts, It isn't there fault, they are paid to do it and I think we all need to keep that in mind the next time we yell out loud we hate so and so, cause you never know, they might hate theirselves as well for having to be that way, but Hey a job is a job right?

Ok BOT:

I loved this last episode, Adam/Samarie/Rachel all have good chemistry together, that is what I look forward to, the good ol' triangle. I actually like it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think I am among the .2% of people who actually don't hate Oliver. I really like him. I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed with him. I am so attracted to evil crazy pschotic people it's not even funny.

aaand my favorite dialogue exchange from the episode was
Hailey: Your hair
Julie: You're here

oh so clever.
le le low is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread