Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Alex, c'mon, we know each other through some of the boards so I don't wanna argue with you personally or anything. But really, Anna fans and Seth/Anna fans have kept quiet for a long time while Samaire and Anna both have been bashed from here to kingdom come all over the board. The hate for her reigns supreme on this board. I was tired of it. If Summer fans can't take it they should settle down as well. I hate to be childish and fight fire with fire and all that, but really, Anna's been flat out trashed and no one has said anything about how badly she's been talked about. And I mean badly. Summer made some questionable choices in the last ep, and I admit I was eager to jump on her for it. But, she deserves it in my opinion regardless; regardless of Anna, Seth/Anna, or anything else. Her actions were awful. The fact that Anna has taken the brunt of such hate, is pretty terrible. I don't like to get involved, trust me, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know if you're talking to Anna supporters and Sock Monkeys in general, I assume you are because I've never seen you question the Anna bashers through their reign of hate, but if you are, that's really hypocritcal and just flat out wrong, and I guess Summer Dust really is a serious problem.
T O B Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

not commenting, even though im the mod. everytime i say something to try to help i feel im kicked a side. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

So as long as everyone just respects others opinions then ok, just be nice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i support all!! im a happy friendly OC lovin gal...well all but marissa, that will be a later discussion. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Toby, I know, this isn't anything personal at all, I just saw your post and went all [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img].

I've never questioned Anna bashers because at the places I usually see Anna bashing, (BC Thread), not a lot of people care. Here is sort of an open forum for all people of any ship, and all I see is hate. Instead of the S/A people talking about how much great S/A there was mostly, "Summer's a coniving, immature bitch." And the S/S people aren't like, "Look, isn't it great how blah, blah..." And it's S/A, blecch. Of course I have my opinion, but we all do, but if we can't be respectful about it and not hurl insults I don't think we should bother.

I'm not saying you can't express dislike, but there's a difference between, "I didn't like Summer because of all that stuff she was doing to get between Seth and Anna. Why didn't they just tell her to leave?" And "Grow up. And Die. ... Also? Die, Summer, die."

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited MARIAROCKS000 ]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Supreme Fan

TOBY, wanna run off to Vegas and marry me?

Okay, I normally try not to post on the OC board, I'm more of a lurker than a poster here, but I thought it'd be nice to get my two cents down.

The Old People- Hailey and Julie get on my nerves. And Caleb is certainly doing that as well. I love Kandy, and I adore Jimmy. I'm glad that he and Sandy are going into business together. Can't wait to see all of that develop.

Ryan- Leave Marissa and get with someone who deserves you. She's a nut. She deserves to be with one. Get someone hot... maybe someone like that chick you dated back in Chino. I liked her.

Marissa- Either this girl is pretending to be a moron, or she really is as stupid as she acts. This whole Oliver thing is getting on my nerves, especially the way that she's treating Ryan. Either get away from Oliver and treat Ryan the way he should be, or dump Ryan and get with Oliver. He's crazy, you're crazy, you'd get along perfect together.

Oliver- As crazy (and scary) as Oliver is, the guy who plays him (having a brainfart and can't remember his name) is a really good actor. He plays the psychotic guy well. Take Marissa away from Ryan and marry her. You'll have fun little psycho kids together.

Luke- I adore you. You're adorable. So enjoy it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And now with the most debated topic as of late...

Summer- While I don't condone her actions regarding Seth/Anna, I must admit that I'm enjoying seeing the old Summer. The fiery girl with a bitchy attitude. I missed her. But I don't like how she's disrespecting Seth/Anna's relationship, Seth made his choice, and now she has to deal with it and move on. I can tell everyone with a great amount of certainty, that if the situation were reversed, and Seth had chosen Summer, and Anna were the one trying to infringe on their relationship, the Summer/Seth shippers wouldn't think that Anna's action are "you rock!" worthy. They'd say that she's an annoying hoesbag, or something of the like. Just playing the Devil's Advocate here...
Also, I wouldn't mind it if Luke/Summer got together, I think they would make a nice couple. And for the people who are saying 'she wouldn't do that to Marissa,' I don't see what she'd be doing to Marissa in the first place. Marissa doesn't want Luke, she hasn't in a long time and she's made that very clear. She doesn't have any feelings for Luke other than wanting to be his friend. So I don't see how Summer would be doing any kind of betrayal if she were to get together with Luke... but I must say that I prefer her with Ryan if anyone else. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Seth/Anna- I'm a SockMonkey, so I did enjoy their scenes together, and I thought they were amazing together. Another thing, I think Anna is completely justified in being angry and annoyed about Summer being all up in her relationship with Seth. And I also think that Seth made the right choice. They obviously have a healthy and promising relationship. Many people have been throwing around a couple of comparisons when it comes to this couple, and I'd like to address them both... Brother/Sister: I can tell you right now, that Seth and Anna are nothing like a brother and sister. I have a brother. And we sure as hell don't lay in bed, resting on each other and discuss little things on tv. Someone made a 7th Heaven referance, and I also have to say that no real family is like that on 7th Heaven... not even TV families are like 7th Heaven except for, well, 7th Heaven. Also, I've had a couple of boyfriends and that's what we always did. We'd lay on the bed, watch tv, and talk. We weren't making out every 2 seconds, or even holding hands all the time, we'd just relax and have a good time. I think that Seth and Anna are probably one of the few realistic couples I've seen on television. Next topic... Dawson's Creek- I'm not a Dawson/Joey fan. I'm more of a Dawson/Jen and Pacey/Joey fan myself. And I love Seth and Anna. And a lot of people have been stating that they love Dawson/Joey and don't care for Seth and Anna. So I don't really think that that theory stands up here. I personally don't compare any relationship on the Creek to Seth/Anna's because while I love(d) DC, all of the relationships on that show were massively screwed up in one way or another... and Seth/Anna's isn't in my opinion.

So that's all I have to say. Sorry for wasting your time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xKatx:
<STRONG>

Ryan- Leave Marissa and get with someone who deserves you. She's a nut. She deserves to be with one. Get someone hot... maybe someone like that chick you dated back in Chino. I liked her.
</STRONG>
naw...Summer is Ry's lady [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] just some havent tasted the love of that...yet [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] hehe one day we RySu ppl will get our chance, even if it takes me kicking the writers in a closet and locking it and me writtin it into the script myself [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 01-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey, I'm all for Ryan/Summer... I even think that she'd treat him the way he deserves to be treated... especially if you consider all the attention she gives to Seth, once she sees how Ryan is her god, she'll avert that and much more all to him. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Hey, I'm all for Ryan/Summer... I even think that she'd treat him the way he deserves to be treated... especially if you consider all the attention she gives to Seth, once she sees how Ryan is her god, she'll avert that and much more all to him. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
oh praise you!! come to the RySu thread....we are having a HOT conversation right now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 01-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*:
<STRONG>

I always got the feeling that Summer knew and she almost tore Holly apart because she kinda felt guilty about it. That's my feeling about the situation and when you look at Summer as a character, you kinda get the feeling that she would have know. She is popular, she is probably the girl in high school who gets everything and at the same time is mean to almost everyone. She probably knew from someone that Luke was sleeping around. She must have known. I understand Marissa not knowing because the girlfriend is always the last one to know but Summer? She knew for sure... She is so popular and she is friend with everyone in the popular crowd so when Holly told her everybody knew, Summer must have felt guilty about the whole thing. She probably just ignore some of the things she saw. I actually think Marissa was pretty stupid for not knowing about it because at one point you have to wake up but Summer knew IMO and this is why she tore Holly apart at the party.
</STRONG>
You brought up some interesting points here, but I still think Summer didn't know about L/H. I guess we to agree to disagree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Summer is actually the person you wanna be in high school but the person you actually hate the most in high school. You love to hate her... IMO, we don't know the real Summer yet. She has yet to show me her true self. Hope it is not the one I saw in the last episodes.

You know what, when I really think about it, I dislike everything about the triangle. I have problems with Seth for not standing up, I dislike Summer for being so pathetic that it is actually funny how pathetic she is and I have problems with Anna for not dumping Seth and telling Summer to just F!@#$%? OFF and grow up!
I agree with you on these points [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't think Summer's character has been fully explored yet. And I really hate this triangle, on screen, and how the fans are divided about it. It seems like fans are either pro-S/A and hate Summer, or pro-S/S and hate Anna. It's a shame because I like both girls.
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Im pro-S/S and pro-S/A. and love both Su and Anna. So im just...well...a breakfast monkey. im cool like that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] lol.

sorry im on a rysu high at the moment, actin somewhat funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spazzie:
<STRONG>
It seems like fans are either pro-S/A and hate Summer, or pro-S/S and hate Anna. It's a shame because I like both girls.</STRONG>
I may be one of the few, but I'm pro-S/A and I love Summer. I just don't like the way she's been acting recently. I miss the old Summer, the one from the beginning.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

I may be one of the few, but I'm pro-S/A and I love Summer. I just don't like the way she's been acting recently. I miss the old Summer, the one from the beginning.</STRONG>
i miss that summer too...but this new summer has got the funny thing workin for her, so maybe just blend the new with the old, it would be perfect.

darylbeth
Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

xKatx - After reading your first post, let's do it.

And word to all things you said.

Alex - I am sorry if I offended you in particular. I just got carried away as well, after weeks of watching a character I think rocks being torn down consistently.

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited T O B Y ]
T O B Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

i like julies new haircut.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y:
<STRONG>

Alex - I am sorry if I offended you in particular. I just got carried away as well, after weeks of watching a character I think rocks being torn down consistently.

</STRONG>
Y'know, I think we both just immediately rush to the defense of our characters. I just think all the horror should stop. I was in no way meaning to imply that I meant that only in the case of the Sock Monkeys; I just meant altogether.

Let's just find something to agree on. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Olvier's nuts.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>i like julies new haircut.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Me too. Just.. not the color. Too fiery red for me.
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread