Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
I know a lot of you here love (worship) BTVS, and I know reading summaries isn't the same as watching the real thing. But everything I read in the first 10 episodes from season 7 is much lamer than TVD. MUCH. And then there are the parts TVD copies from them (which is recipe for failure as copying something that wasn't good in the first place), but I agree with Venus and the 'first taking the form of others' seem better in TVD.
I tried to watch Buffy at some point (I now remember that) and now reading these summaries I remembered why I never passed 15 minutes of it. It's terrible (imo) or at least season 7 is.
Season 7 is a terrible. I wish I could erase that season and S6 from my mind. S5 had the perfect ending.

I don't think TVD copies from them as much as people think The shows and the style is way too different. Also the vampires are the lead characters in this show. If anything is similar to TVD is True Blood.

Quote:
I don't like it, love. Sorry
But I don't doubt for a moment he's more talented than JP. The real challenge is finding someone as bad as her or worse.
I don't like the style, not the writing when it comes to Buffy. Things there are a little bit... I don't know how to explain... it's almost a caricature (from the memory I have watching those 15 minutes or whatever, not the impression I got from reading the summaries).
Buffy is vey campy. That style is not for everyone. I liked the show when I was kid but now looking back I probably wouldn't like it now.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think you can compare TVD with TB much. Apart from the whole triangle aspect...
One is a teen show and one is...well if you've seen TB
Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
I don't think you can compare TVD with TB much. Apart from the whole triangle aspect...
One is a teen show and one is...well if you've seen TB
I know TB is more "adult" but I think they are similar in the way that there's a love triangle, there are other supernatural creatures, the lead female character is "special" and the most important thing is that both shows have the vampires as the lead characters.

BTVS had Buffy and the humans as the lead characters. Her love interests might have been vampires but the show was still told from the humans perspective.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm and unlikeable lead female. Although Elena isn't part
Spoiler:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Season 7 is a terrible. I wish I could erase that season and S6 from my mind. S5 had the perfect ending.

I don't think TVD copies from them as much as people think The shows and the style is way too different. Also the vampires are the lead characters in this show. If anything is similar to TVD is True Blood.

Buffy is vey campy. That style is not for everyone. I liked the show when I was kid but now looking back I probably wouldn't like it now.
yeah, I can't describe exactly what I don't like about Buffy's style...
I really like TB - depending on the season - I like how they have a main arc and develop it throughout the whole season and then next season is something completely different. Also there's character development there, something we don't have in TVD.
TVD is the most unbalanced supernatural show ever - which makes me fear for The Originals - it's too focused in the supernatural, there's no human relevant story - except MF endless list of town events.
All other supernatural shows I've watched the humans are significant, they have developments, even if smaller and not 90% of the cast is supernatural.
As I said many times about this show, the main problem in my opinion is their inability to be subtle about anything. They're too blatant. Which is one of the first mistakes a writer can make.
And as everything is blatant, it becomes extreme - which is why we basically don't have the human element anymore - or at least not in a significant way.

Quote:
Hmm and unlikeable lead female. Although Elena isn't part
I don't think Sookie is unlikeable. She can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but I wouldn't call her unlikeable, and definitely not to Elena's standards.
x
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Buffy..campy? In some aspects but I mostly disagree
and some aspects of TVD did rip off Buffy (Stefan about to end his life by burning in the sun)

..also..Angel was the superior show imo
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Absolute Fan

wait, Elena isn't part fairy? are you sure?

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
TVD is the most unbalanced supernatural show ever - which makes me fear for The Originals - it's too focused in the supernatural, there's no human relevant story - except MF endless list of town events.
I usually don't care about humans so I don't care if they don't play a big part in the show. I admit the quality of the show declined when KW left. He was involved until 3x05 or 3x06 and after that things started getting unbalanced between the characters & storylines and some very contrived things happened.

I fear for The Originals because JP is going to be the only show runner in that show. I had hopes for that show but I have a feeling it's going to be just a copycat of the main love triangle and the witches are going to be the female characters JP loves to write (like April). I hope I'm wrong.

I think next season TVD could get a lot better or a lot worse. JP isn't going to be the show runner anymore so it will depend on who gets that position.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
Maybe we have just uncovered next seasons main storyline.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Buffy..campy? In some aspects but I mostly disagree
and some aspects of TVD did rip off Buffy (Stefan about to end his life by burning in the sun)

..also..Angel was the superior show imo
Season 1 of BTVS is the only one I would call campy in anyway.

BTVS best show ever and I'm sick seeing TVD rip it off.

I legit think JP has watched the show to get story ideas.

BTVS wasn't perfect but it was pretty damn close.

I didn't like the First Evil as the final Big Bad.

I still can't believe Damon called Elena Buffy.

ATS is also a superior show.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

I also thought Angel was better than Buffy.

And even though I hate Buffy/Spike, Klaroline don't have their chemsitry so I think 4x18 will make me cringe from all the woobifying.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
Maybe we have just uncovered next seasons main storyline.
Elena the special fairy. I bet we did. I always fear they're going book-verse if they can't come up with anything on their own. and Elena was part angel in the books.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
I thought at least a ~certain part of her was
x
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

If JP carbon copies TO then I think that will not only stand out to fans but to critics too, so I would think she'd at least try to make it different if she doesn't want it cancelled. I just can't judge it until I see it
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Elena was a fairy in the books.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Closed Thread   Post New Thread