Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
There's more stills for ep 9 here
Thanks.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream1ng (View Post)
Camila and Lili mentioned on their Instagram live that they are making Season 2 much darker and intense than the first. So i'm really excited.
I like the sound of this!

And that Betty/Veronica scene looks... interesting. Intrigued about what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
KJ keeps insisting that there's something else that happened between Archie and Jughead beyond the road trip blow off, but I don't know if I trust KJ's view of the narrative.
Because of his views on the 'jealousy'? Remember though that we haven't seen any of these episodes.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well KJ did claim that archie was jealous but then lili came in and said it was a friend jealously, so one of them has to be lying or they just see things differently. So I can see why someone might say they wouldnt trust his judgement if he's adding more to the SL than what is really there?

Quote:
And that Betty/Veronica scene looks... interesting. Intrigued about what's going on.
it looks like V is pulling on her necklace, maybe she's having a panic attack because she finds out that her dad did something to the parents of her classmates... ?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Well KJ did claim that archie was jealous but then lili came in and said it was a friend jealously, so one of them has to be lying or they just see things differently. So I can see why someone might say they wouldnt trust his judgement if he's adding more to the SL than what is really there?
But that's my point. The actors are saying different things, so until we actually see it play out ourselves, then you're just trusting one view point over another.

Which is fine, but I do feel like poor KJ gets picked on by fandom from what I've seen for thinking certain ways, but we don't know that he's entirely wrong yet, or it could be vague enough to be seen from both ways in the final product. Plus he's acting out Archie's feelings.

Sometimes I watch things that actors have had a say on and wonder how they got to that conclusion, so I'm not saying that he's right or wrong.. I'll decide later. But any of the actors could be saying something that we'll end up agreeing/disagreeing with. You know?
Old 03-22-2017, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well I believe RAS and Cole has said its friendship jealously as well. Really I could care less about Archie's jealousy, I much rather see a episode focus on him and Fred and without any kind of romance storylines.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well I believe RAS and Cole has said its friendship jealously as well.
Which might make it more probable that that's how it'll be perceived, but it's still just view points. All I'm saying is that maybe KJ shouldn't be judged on something when we haven't seen any of these episodes yet to make a fair call. And I'm saying this not because I care about the jealousy - their build up can start next season or whatever - but this is about KJ.

So that's it, that's my say. Now you can do as you please.

ETA: Didn't realise RAS was a writer or something..? In which case if I saw the quote (can anyone provide..?) I'd understand people being more weary of anything that KJ said which a writer contradicted. But there's still something to be said for watching first. Sometimes what writers say don't line up with what we see either.

Last edited by Kyls; 03-22-2017 at 03:16 AM
Old 03-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Here you go:
RAS is the show runner and current chief creative officer of the comics.
"They knew each other through Archie. It happens a lot, when friends start dating, that you can feel, like Archie feels, a little bit like the odd man out. Even though Archie is starting his own relationship, there is this idea of, “What a minute, this isn’t how it should be.”

The quote is longer and pulled from this article
Riverdale: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Talks Season 2 Plans | Collider
Old 03-22-2017, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Supreme Fan

No problem .
Old 03-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
Here you go:
RAS is the show runner and current chief creative officer of the comics.
"They knew each other through Archie. It happens a lot, when friends start dating, that you can feel, like Archie feels, a little bit like the odd man out. Even though Archie is starting his own relationship, there is this idea of, “What a minute, this isn’t how it should be.”

The quote is longer and pulled from this article
Riverdale: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa Talks Season 2 Plans | Collider
Okay, thanks for finding the interview quote.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
KJ keeps insisting that there's something else that happened between Archie and Jughead beyond the road trip blow off, but I don't know if I trust KJ's view of the narrative. However, I did read the prequel comic, which seems to suggest that Jug and Archie had drifted prior to the summer and that was supposed to be their way of rekindling their friendship. So, when it didn't happen...

I feel like Jughead was probably closer to both Archie and Betty prior to high school and then maybe the bullying made him retreat into the shadows. I doubt the bullying is going to stop now that Jughead is dating Betty-- I feel like it's only going to get worse. In fact, I'm pretty convinced (read: terrified) that the football team is going to be out to get both Betty and Jug specifically. Betty, for getting Chuck and his goons thrown off the team, and Jug, for his implication in Jason's murder. It's gonna get ugly.

Although, I'd rather if Reggie isn't involved in the bullying, because I like Reggie and I don't want him to hurt Juggie. I want them to begrudgingly be friends, like in the books.
I was basing a lot of my opinion on the prequel comic and that it didn't show any big incident between them other then Archie blowing off the trip. And my understanding is that the prequel comics are canon. But, maybe something bigger happened during their freshman year that led to the estrangement? Or, as you suggest, they just drifted apart. I can see that since freshman year can be tough and Archie was probably getting into football and playing JV.

It's interesting that both Jughead and Betty were bullied. The pilot strongly suggests that Cheryl and possibly the other River Vixens bullied Betty during freshman year (the whole Betty Draper S5 quips). I'm terrified as well of the future payback from the (former) team but surely something has to happen after what Jughead says at the end of episode 3. I agree with you about Reggie and I hope he's not involved. He pretty much cracks me up every time he's on screen and I'd like to see him eventually included in the Scooby Gang and developed more.

Based on filming photos you were my hope, something happens at the Homecoming Dance that causes Jughead to run out and he ends up at the bus station https://twitter.com/ThemysciraBound/...87340701671424. Do Chuck and his goons show up and get some revenge? If FP ends up getting (wrongly) arrested for the murder, I can see the bullying getting even worse.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Well this may be interesting. It seems ten weeks ago? On Instagram? Mädchen Amick posted a picture of her and Skeet Ulrich. Plus there's a hashtag, which was #thechroniclesofaliceandfp. Plus there's was also a #110 hashtag so I guess they was filming episode ten?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Which might make it more probable that that's how it'll be perceived, but it's still just view points. All I'm saying is that maybe KJ shouldn't be judged on something when we haven't seen any of these episodes yet to make a fair call. And I'm saying this not because I care about the jealousy - their build up can start next season or whatever - but this is about KJ.

So that's it, that's my say. Now you can do as you please.
I wasn't knocking KJ for his point of view. He's entitled to his own opinion/interpretation and I don't dislike him for it.

And, no, I wasn't even talking about the jealousy issue. But thanks for providing some context, Evil Poptart.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

I believe there may be a pattern with the episodes focused on Jughead. Episode eight is called The Outsiders. There's a coming of age novel/film called The Outsiders. Plus episode ten may be called The Lost Weekend. There is a noir novel/film called The Lost Weekend.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

it looks like V is pulling on her necklace, maybe she's having a panic attack because she finds out that her dad did something to the parents of her classmates... ?
im pretty sure the classmate that they are insinuating in the episode synopsis is Ethel. The one that Hiram Lodge screwed over.

Also each episode so far has been named after classic films.

MKhay
Closed Thread   Post New Thread