Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Administrator

From what I've seen of the show (and I've only seen it in bits and pieces), Archie sort of seems like a tool, going from girl to girl and his affair with the fake Miss Grundy was gross. He's very different from the Archie in the comics.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

I like Betty/Archie, but I do think her feelings towards him at the beginning were.. juvenile, I guess. That's why I'm happy for them to take their time with putting them together, where they'll fall for each other in a different way.
I do think they needed to address where Betty was/is at in regards to her feelings for Archie though. Maybe this will still be done, but it should have been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Thats fine, but its not exclusive to them... I actually think what an actor says can be more important because things change. That was the pilot episode when it was said, when Betty still liked Archie but hey, to each their own.
While on the other hand I think that it's possibly more important because it's come from the writers. The actors are only offering up what they believe. I personally believe they stuck that in the pilot because that's what they have in mind, but yes things can change.

Quote:
I'd actually be glad if VA happened because they were drugged and/or drunk because it wouldnt start a relationship or anything too early, it would just cause drama, which I think would be fun to watch.
I do think it'll be interesting. It's just not ideal for Archie to be kissing someone new each ep or two.

Quote:
and his affair with the fake Miss Grundy was gross.
It was rape. I try not to blame Archie too much for that gross sl.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietshyone (View Post)
I watched this week's episode. It wasn't bad, lol. I liked Archie being all up in the Blossoms business. I like crazy ass Cheryl, she amuses me. I wish Archie could have hung around in the blossoms territory for a little longer.

They still need to do a better job integrating the characters/stories together. Veronica should have been around to hear what Archie overheard about her dad. That's what I was looking forward too. Next week looks meh, lol.
Her dad is crazy too and I found it a little interesting. I didn't care too much for her mom being creepy though, I mean she actually went to the school to beg Archie to be Cheryl's date? What's interesting about Cliff to me is that he seemed to imply having a rocky relationship with Jason, which I guess will tie into the murder although I think him being the killer is too obvious now.

Veronica is pushed aside with this plot all the time and I'm hoping that changes now that we know it's the Blossoms who put Hiram in jail, and I'm wondering if that is relevant to Jason as well.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
From what I've seen of the show (and I've only seen it in bits and pieces), Archie sort of seems like a tool, going from girl to girl and his affair with the fake Miss Grundy was gross. He's very different from the Archie in the comics.
Yeah he went from an affair with fake Grundy to a 7 minute make out session with Ronnie, then went back to Grundy again and moved on after she left town by dating Val. And now that Val has dumped him, we've seen he hooks up with Ronnie in the following ep. I love his platonic relationships and his friendship with Jug and his dad but, his love life makes it very hard to take him seriously. What I did enjoy in his scenes with the Blossoms was his relevance to solving the murder. I don't really count Cheryl as one of his love interests since he had no interest in her and was upset when she kissed him, which had to happen for him to realise he shouldn't have been there.

I'd also like to add that going from girl to girl is rather accurate for comic Archie. He not only went back and forth between B and V but would often ditch both of them for Cheryl.

Last edited by soldier of affinity; 04-07-2017 at 10:15 PM
Old 04-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I kinda feel like Archie and Veronica get pushed to the side a lot in the who killed Jason story which kinda sucks I like when they are involved more.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Personal drama needs to stay off this thread. If you have an issue with someone take it to PM.

As for debating whether a shipper thread should have an 'endgame' title...this is not the board to discuss that. Let's stick to spoilers and speculating about the episodes to come. Thanks
Old 04-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I kinda feel like Archie and Veronica get pushed to the side a lot in the who killed Jason story which kinda sucks I like when they are involved more.
They're involved in 1x11 since Alice asks them to help her investigate, which apparently upsets Betty who is too busy to do it for her mom
Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
i agree i think those 2 are so isolated from the main plotline of the murder that its hard to connect and care about those two characters (especially Archie) when their problems seem much more trivial than Betty's and Jughead's. From the synopsis, they do become involved in episode 11 but its a little to late in the season.

MKhay
Old 04-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream1ng (View Post)
i agree i think those 2 are so isolated from the main plotline of the murder that its hard to connect and care about those two characters (especially Archie) when their problems seem much more trivial than Betty's and Jughead's. From the synopsis, they do become involved in episode 11 but its a little to late in the season.
But I'm opposite I like them more and just wish they were involved with the main story lol. I know people complain about Archie but i'm an oddball, he is my favorite so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
They're involved in 1x11 since Alice asks them to help her investigate, which apparently upsets Betty who is too busy to do it for her mom
Ohh! I'll probably them getting involved!
Old 04-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
I'd also like to add that going from girl to girl is rather accurate for comic Archie. He not only went back and forth between B and V but would often ditch both of them for Cheryl.
Yes, that's very true. Comic book Archie definitely was fickle, but he was more likable that what I've seen of Archie on this show so far.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, that's very true. Comic book Archie definitely was fickle, but he was more likable that what I've seen of Archie on this show so far.
Really? I hated comic Archie, but this one seems to be more likable for me. He doesn't seem to intentionally be using people (aside from Cheryl, but that was mutual) the way he did in the comics. He's just the typical oblivious idiot to feelings .
Old 04-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Really? I hated comic Archie, but this one seems to be more likable for me. He doesn't seem to intentionally be using people (aside from Cheryl, but that was mutual) the way he did in the comics. He's just the typical oblivious idiot to feelings .
Well I read the Archie comics when I was a kid, which was a long time ago, so I was probably more naive then or I just don't remember that maybe he was a tool in the comics too!

My favorite character in the Archie comics was Betty. I loved her. I also liked Jughead a lot.

I wish I still had my old comics. They'd probably be worth a lot of money now!

Old 04-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I was never a fan of comic book Archie he just used all the girls. As a Betty fan, I had no respect for him Since she always fell second to Veronica or Cheryl. So im glad she's with someone who actually likes her in this show.

Also the show will be taking a one week break after episode 10. It feels like we just got back :/

MKhay
Old 04-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Yeah, I couldn't get into comic Archie because of the way he treated Betty, which Jughead often chewed him out about. I just couldn't like the guy for only going to her whenever Ronnie wasn't an option or unavailable. Then he would drop both of them in a hot second for Cheryl, who I guess was designed to be their mutual enemy for that reason.

I like Archie in the show, they just need to quit giving him so many flings since that kind of gimmick was only funny or interesting in comics
Old 04-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread