Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I believe the baby must be Damien's from the way this promo and others have been set up; and Gunnar, good man that he is, is trying to make life as comfortable and uncomplicated for Scarlett and the baby as he can. I believe he wants and chooses to be a part of the baby's life....... He has always wanted to be a dad. He truly loves Scarlett, in spite of everything that has happened. And he is a true friend to her as well. I'm getting the vibe that Scarlett may already have second thoughts about sleeping with Damien....maybe even regrets. She has to know that Damien is a creep (IMO) by the way he treated her during the video shoot, and I'm wondering if he may have questioned Scarlett about getting an abortion when she said she was "having this baby. That's my decision." I don't think Gunnar would have asked her that....but I may be wrong. Lately from all her comments in her new interviews, Clare seems so enamored by the new liberation I-Am-Woman-Hear-Me-Roar storylines, especially what she said about how wonderful Rayna's sage deathbed advice was. I was so hoping Damien would skip town and be GONE already....but that doesn't seem to be the case. I admit I am curious to see where this is headed......NOT!, but I'll go along for the ride. Just Because.
But what's with the "do you still have feelings for him" crap? I'm so over indecisive Scarlett. She's whining about how she feels like she has to live Gunnar because he loves her but then she gives mixed signals with her "hold me" request at Rayna's funeral and now she's basically dangling Damien in his face. I don't get how we are supposed to root for Damien in any way shape or form. And I don't understand what the writers want us to feel if it isn't complete sympathy for Gunnar. His girlfriend that's he loved for years tells him she has feelings for a gross guy, then she breaks up with him only to tell him later that she's pregnant, she doesn't find out who the father is for 3 months and she shoves Damien in his face. Whether Gunnar is the father or not I feel nothing but pity! Ughhh what an awful existence! Does no one care about him or his feelings in any of this? Nope! He needs to grow up as Scarlett would say......
Old 05-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Lately from all her comments in her new interviews, Clare seems so enamored by the new liberation I-Am-Woman-Hear-Me-Roar storylines, especially what she said about how wonderful Rayna's sage deathbed advice was.
Yeah, I think Clare likes Scarlett's "independence" and new-found...whatever it is. I hesitate to call it feminism. Problem is, they're sacrificing the good in Scarlett and making her treat Gunnar terribly in order to make this point. They don't have to write this storyline this way in order for Scarlett to come across as strong and confident. And I don't think the Damien stuff helped with a lot of the fanbase. I have no idea who they want me to root for but I think from what Clare has said and what CMT has tweeted in the past, I'm supposed to be supportive of what she's doing. I'm not. All my sympathy lies with Gunnar and there's absolutely no way I could root for them having any sort of relationship if she is meant to flaunt Damien in his face and may actually leave the paternity a question when she could have at least alleviated that issue for both these guys.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:35 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Thx for posting, but looks like the typical click bait bs posted by cmt to attract Javery fans.
I've been thinking about your comment about this picture of Juliette and Avery being "click bait." When I first saw it, I was so happy to see both of them with smiles on their faces (which is rare to see, at best). But the more I think about it, the more I agree with you. Giving Javery fans a glimpse of happiness and then jerking the rug out from under us seems to be a pattern for All the writers of Nashville.......Teasing us, making us believe they are settled, working as a team, and happy together. So, what made me so excited when I first saw the picture has turned into skepticism once again. The promos seem to be again leading them in separate directions for their lives and careers which can be done, I suppose, but besides Cadence, what have they got in common to build a stable loving lifetime relationship on?
Old 05-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi all, I came here to sneak some Nashville posters, after a long time, and it looks like Javery are heading into yet again another triangle. What a waste, that whole plane accident and Avery wanting to get back with Juliette, and now he's flirting with someone new. No thanks.

And sorry to barge in with such a negative post, but.. Oh well..
Old 05-26-2017, 12:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm as negative as the next one, but I have to say I don't believe for a second that Avery and Hailey are flirting with each other. She's too old and too tall for him. They may like each other as friends, but I think this will be a one ep thing where Juliette freaks out. It may cause problems between J&A but I don't think it'll be because Avery and Hailey are anything.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

To me it just tells where their relationship is at. Juliette feeling insecure, thinking Avery is looking elsewhere. Reminds me so much of the Scarlett fiasco which led to Juliette cheat. They simply refuse to write them anything decent.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I'm as negative as the next one, but I have to say I don't believe for a second that Avery and Hailey are flirting with each other. She's too old and too tall for him. They may like each other as friends, but I think this will be a one ep thing where Juliette freaks out. It may cause problems between J&A but I don't think it'll be because Avery and Hailey are anything.
If I'm truthful I really don't think Avery and Hallie are becoming an item. Avery has to be grateful to Hallie for what she did for Juliette on the night of the plane crash and somewhat attached to her because she is a sweet, kind, good person who appears not to have any hidden skeletons in her closet. I don't think Avery and Juliette are finished either, But I also don't get the feels that they are very happy right now. I believe they love each other deeply! I don't think that can be denied. Each lover can't live without the other, but that trust issue keeps rearing its ugly head. Trust is the reason Avery can't get over Jeff's ghost and Juliette can't get beyond the smell of Layla's lingering perfume. Avery proved it the night they started to make love on the couch and he resisted saying some off the wall comments that sounded like, "I can't"...."It's just"...."What we've been through"......And Juliette said something like, "I never meant to hurt you".........before Avery walked out the door only to return a few hours later to lavish her with passionate kisses in the bedroom. OK, I know I have said this many times before but please indulge me again......Avery and Juliette HAVE to have that talk (the talk with real words spoken in complete sentences) about her spur-of-the-moment, crazy-out-of-her-head-with-jealousy betrayal with Jeff and also his well-thought-out, I-got-you-back cruel actions with Layla. That's the only way IMO that they can move forward in their relationship and marriage. (I'm hoping the scene with Avery and Juliette in the den with him holding her hand while she's crying will be what I've been waiting for.)
Old 05-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Nashville: Rachel Bilson, Kaitlin Doubleday introduce characters

That Jessie video pretty much confirms they do indeed already new love with Deacon How is that realistic and in character??? That man wasn´t able to move on even with Rayna alive and committed to other men. This is ruining it completely And then they say Rayna dying was only realistic option, this is way more ooc...
Old 05-27-2017, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)

That Jessie video pretty much confirms they do indeed already new love with Deacon How is that realistic and in character??? That man wasn´t able to move on even with Rayna alive and committed to other men. This is ruining it completely And then they say Rayna dying was only realistic option, this is way more ooc...
I really thought they would give Deacon more space before setting him up with someone but I think it does make more sense for him to move on when she's passed instead of when she's alive but with other men. He was working with her when he wasn't with her, she was in his life, she was always around so how could he move on when she was with other men? Now she's gone for real. I think he could have had hope when she was in other relationships. But now he knows she's gone for real so there's not really anything standing in his way. He compared everyone to Rayna and relationships never worked out because there was Rayna in the back of his mind. But now, he'll have to move on at some point or be alone forever.

I definitely think the writers should respect their relationship and give him more time to grieve but statistically men move on quicker. Though we aren't sure what happens here, he might try to date Jessie and realize he's not ready
Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)

I didn't get the impression that Deacon and Jessie will have a romantic relationship....at least, not for a long while. They're just people who had been friends in the past and now have revisited that friendship. As Kaitin said, they both need a "friend" right now, somebody to talk to....nothing more. I am looking forward to see where her storyline will go. Sounds interesting. (And did I get the right vibe that Zach seemed to be a little awe-struck by Alyssa?)
Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm actually interested to see what they'll do with Alyssa. She's Rachel Bilson's character, right? I've always loved her. I didn't expect her character to be like this, it's a positive surprise.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I really thought they would give Deacon more space before setting him up with someone but I think it does make more sense for him to move on when she's passed instead of when she's alive but with other men. He was working with her when he wasn't with her, she was in his life, she was always around so how could he move on when she was with other men? Now she's gone for real. I think he could have had hope when she was in other relationships. But now he knows she's gone for real so there's not really anything standing in his way. He compared everyone to Rayna and relationships never worked out because there was Rayna in the back of his mind. But now, he'll have to move on at some point or be alone forever.

I definitely think the writers should respect their relationship and give him more time to grieve but statistically men move on quicker. Though we aren't sure what happens here, he might try to date Jessie and realize he's not ready
After break up yes, but just heard about research that men more than women are in higher risk to die of broken heart after losing longtime partner for 6 months. 3 months after 30 years love isn´t realistic or right towards their story, characters or fans...

Quote:
I didn't get the impression that Deacon and Jessie will have a romantic relationship
It was her saying Neither was looking out for something. That´s pretty much start for telling how in spite it people fell in love etc...
Old 05-27-2017, 02:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm surprised to read that Rachel Bilson is a guest star and not a series regular, according to EW.

I think it's inevitable that there will be a romance between Deacon and the new girl. I doubt the writers are forming this deep friendship between them for it only to remain platonic. Maybe it won't turn romantic until Season 6, though. They will have to ease the audience into it.

I was hoping one of the new girls would be for Gunnar so he could be freed of Scarlett once and for all.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
I'm surprised to read that Rachel Bilson is a guest star and not a series regular, according to EW.

I think it's inevitable that there will be a romance between Deacon and the new girl. I doubt the writers are forming this deep friendship between them for it only to remain platonic. Maybe it won't turn romantic until Season 6, though. They will have to ease the audience into it.

I was hoping one of the new girls would be for Gunnar so he could be freed of Scarlett once and for all.
Maybe Alyssa will end up being for Gunnar at some point
Old 05-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)

It´s just that especially after fan campaign ruining your main couples isn´t that wise.

Having people deal with Rayna´s death was enough for this season, having people to watch Deacon move on at same season it´s just too much. Especially when we know they could have done it differently and given D/R more time.

Especially S/G has been treated very badly also this season And Will´s break up with Kevin was also handled poorly
Closed Thread   Post New Thread