Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2017, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
It´s just that especially after fan campaign ruining your main couples isn´t that wise.

Having people deal with Rayna´s death was enough for this season, having people to watch Deacon move on at same season it´s just too much. Especially when we know they could have done it differently and given D/R more time.

Especially S/G has been treated very badly also this season And Will´s break up with Kevin was also handled poorly
There was only one happy couple this season really and it's dead now. I'm confused at why the writers have decided to make everyone miserable at the same time
Old 05-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
There was only one happy couple this season really and it's dead now. I'm confused at why the writers have decided to make everyone miserable at the same time
Have been wondering the same. It kinda went downhill since 5x5... Don´t understand why they would think people would want to see all going wrong especially when everyone thought s4 as too dark, but this takes the cake.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Which couple are you saying was happy? Rayna and Deacon?..........Maddie and Clay?......Juliette and Avery??????? I don't think any of them were really happy. Not even Rayna and Deacon were happy for the entire 5A season, because of the dark foreboding dread Rayna was going through. The stalker storyline casts a long shadow over their last few weeks of happiness.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Which couple are you saying was happy? Rayna and Deacon?..........Maddie and Clay?......Juliette and Avery??????? I don't think any of them were really happy. Not even Rayna and Deacon were happy for the entire 5A season, because of the dark foreboding dread Rayna was going through. The stalker storyline casts a long shadow over their last few weeks of happiness.
That´s the biggest issue I have for them killing her on that point. Combining stalker attack and crash was just not right way to go. She should have had time to recover from that trauma first or if wanting death then, then gotten stabbed.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
That´s the biggest issue I have for them killing her on that point. Combining stalker attack and crash was just not right way to go. She should have had time to recover from that trauma first or if wanting death then, then gotten stabbed.
Agree with you. I liked the stalker story line but the crash was just stupid. For one Rayna had already been in a serious car crash so it was redundant. Secondly, they made her a victim in the end. VICTIM of fate. Can't believe the writers are too dense to see that. It would have been far more empowering for Rayna's character to die saving someone she loved. She should have saved either one of the girls or Deacon from the stalker. Dying for someone she loved and making the ultimate sacrifice would have been a fitting end to Rayna Jaymes. Not being a victim.

I have come to the conclusion that these show runners care nothing for the fans. They came into this show with an agenda and have made the show their own. Unfortunately for us, it is nothing that we want to see. They lost the Will fans when they broke up W/K turning Will into a jerk and liar. Then they thrust a new character down our throats thinking that we would just accept Will with an annoying unlikable person. The poor Scunnar fans got shafted in the worst possible way. I really didn't think it was possible to take the beautiful, soulful, sweet Scarlett and turn her into a cold bitch. But they managed it with one of the worst story lines ever. They have now lost the Scunnar fans along with a chunk of female fans who like me find this story offensive and sexist on multiple levels. The poor treatment and basic disregard for Javery means about half of that fan group is gone. The Deyna fans are now out. Except for some diehards who would basically watch Chip read the phone book not many are left. They think they will bring in younger viewers by focusing more on Maddie and Daphne. That isn't going to happen for several reasons. Younger viewers want edgy hip stories that shock. A teen runaway story from the 90s is not going to lure them in. Maddie is not personable or likable enough. A bi-racial relationship is not that shocking in today's world. Nashville is no Stranger Things or 13 Reasons Why. I'm not sure how many Rachel Bilson fans there are but I expect not that many to make a huge difference.

Yep, really doesn't make a lick of sense.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

It's definitely not the show I used to love. When I think about watching a past episode I don't think I'll ever choose season 5 to rewatch. There's something so blatantly different about the overall feel of the show. The familiar faces are there but there's so much that rubs me the wrong way. It's dark, it's always so dark! Everything is grey and gloomy all the time. The longer scenes make me want to pull my hair out when there's so much breathing room. I don't see this as a good thing. I like my shows with a slightly faster clip. I don't want to be bored watching a Maddie scene drag out. It's all so shallow and surface level and the exact opposite of what we were promised. It is in no way deeper. It does not feel remotely close to a genuine depiction of the country music world of execs and producers now. There are no organic music scenes like Deacon and Juliette writing a song outside. Scarlett and Gunnar used to be writing songs like crazy and now they just fight about her not loving him\him loving her but him being a cheater???/Damien. This is all surface level issues that the writers have thrown in for "fun" instead of...hmm....I don't know maybe following their story and giving them something real to fight about instead of creating problems that don't make sense. I miss the explaination of why the characters were doing things not just me guessing what is happening in their minds. I miss Will having a storyline. I miss the characters getting along with each other. I miss the scenes that were just sweet or funny or both. God I miss that so much. I miss the magic and I don't see it coming back
Old 05-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Agree with you. I liked the stalker story line but the crash was just stupid. For one Rayna had already been in a serious car crash so it was redundant. Secondly, they made her a victim in the end. VICTIM of fate. Can't believe the writers are too dense to see that. It would have been far more empowering for Rayna's character to die saving someone she loved. She should have saved either one of the girls or Deacon from the stalker. Dying for someone she loved and making the ultimate sacrifice would have been a fitting end to Rayna Jaymes. Not being a victim.
The problem with them going that route is that they would have had to follow up on what happened with her killer. There would be a trial and all this publicity and I'm sure they didn't want to deal with that. They wanted the focus on saying goodbye to her and what happens to her family and business afterwards. I have zero interest in watching Nasville turn into an episode of Law & Order so I can understand that - although I agree 100% that the way they did it wasn't the best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
I have come to the conclusion that these show runners care nothing for the fans. They came into this show with an agenda and have made the show their own. Unfortunately for us, it is nothing that we want to see. ... I really didn't think it was possible to take the beautiful, soulful, sweet Scarlett and turn her into a cold bitch. But they managed it with one of the worst story lines ever. ... Except for some diehards who would basically watch Chip read the phone book not many are left. ... Maddie is not personable or likable enough.
I cut some of this but I agree with every single thing you said. They've decided on a direction and come hell or high water, that's the way it's going. To hell with what's best for the characters, fans or the longevity of the show. Because even though we all know there are some people who only care that the show is still coming on, there are a LOT of unhappy fans. And that's just a cold, hard fact that can't be argued against. The ratings show that.

Quote:
It's definitely not the show I used to love. When I think about watching a past episode I don't think I'll ever choose season 5 to rewatch. There's something so blatantly different about the overall feel of the show. The familiar faces are there but there's so much that rubs me the wrong way. It's dark, it's always so dark! Everything is grey and gloomy all the time. ... It's all so shallow and surface level and the exact opposite of what we were promised. It is in no way deeper. It does not feel remotely close to a genuine depiction of the country music world of execs and producers now. ... This is all surface level issues that the writers have thrown in for "fun" instead of...hmm....I don't know maybe following their story and giving them something real to fight about instead of creating problems that don't make sense. I miss the explaination of why the characters were doing things not just me guessing what is happening in their minds. I miss Will having a storyline. I miss the characters getting along with each other. I miss the scenes that were just sweet or funny or both. God I miss that so much. I miss the magic and I don't see it coming back :(
I cut some of this also but I agree with this too, except for the longer scenes, which I do enjoy.

The way the show is written now is almost sitcom like. Connections are missing from ep to ep. Billy Tucci anybody?? Do y'all even remember who he was or what episode he was in or what his significance is to the story? Guess we'll have to wait until 5B, at least TEN episodes since we first saw him to find out the answers to those questions. Please try and tell me that's not ridiculous.

The writing is so far from deep. It's quite the opposite. All surface level. I could give examples but we've already discussed it to death. It's just not there no matter how much the writers argue that it's the deepest, most introspective writing on any television show that ever televisioned. I can't watch this show just because it was saved when I know what it used to be. Season 4 was a trainwreck. Absolutely. But it was much preferable to this bland, dark, shallow nonsense that's become Nashville.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the discussion.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes this!!! If wanting to honor and do her justice this would have been the way to go. It would have been who her character was. Now it was just like beating beat up person little bit more

Lily2003: You are also probably right that they don´t care fans, cause they are pretty much doing everything the opposite. Which is mind boggling since they credit whole season on fans and then do this Kinda makes you feel like fool for campaigning...

Last edited by IceTear1; 05-29-2017 at 10:55 AM
Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I hate how they try to promote the Juliette/Maddie thing.

https://www.facebook.com/CMThot20cou...4993638463110/
Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link
Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I hate how they try to promote the Juliette/Maddie thing.

https://www.facebook.com/CMThot20cou...4993638463110/
Wasn't Hayden so cute at the very end of the video when she laughed. It made me smile.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Wasn't Hayden so cute at the very end of the video when she laughed. It made me smile.
Yes, but all in all she sounded quite bored to me.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Yes, but all in all she sounded quite bored to me.
Yep, Hayden saying how it hit jackpot this season with no dull moments and stranger than life tells a lot. Including confirmed why Connie wanted out, she has always been vocal about hating that type of stuff in it.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Total Fan

^ Hated what type of stuff?????
Closed Thread   Post New Thread