Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 AM
New Fan

I think I may be in the minority on this, but I actually don't put a lot of blame on Maddie for her behavior. The poor kid has been through more in the last year than many go through in a lifetime. I mean, from her perspective, she was lied to by the two people she trusted most in the world (Rayna &Teddy) about one of the most important things in her world. Her biological father has been within arms length her entire life, and neither she nor Deacon had a clue. A child is supposed to have a truthful & honest relationship with his/her parents. That was destroyed for Maddie in a matter of minutes. That trust was broken! They are no longer the ones she can go to with the things that occupy her thoughts & emotions. They did that! Regardless of how you or I feel about the decision that was made to keep her paternity a secret, for her, she was robbed of a relationship with her real father in the father/daughter sense. Now, I think the relationship she has with Deacon goes way beyond the typical father/daughter bond. They've been through & experienced such a difficult thing together & come out on the other side. Because of that, I think they are both determined to make sure that they are not dishonest with each other. Deacon is more than just her father. He's her support system, which is so essential to their connection since she feels she has lost that with Rayna & Teddy, as I think she has become the same thing for him. I appreciate the realness in their relationship.
Just my two cents......
Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Where are the stills for 304?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi86 (View Post)
late because ABC sucks
Old 10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
I think they are both determined to make sure that they are not dishonest with each other
I don't really think this applies here though, at least not the way Deacon did it. This wasn't something Maddie is entitled to. Rayna and Deacon don't owe her every aspect of their relationship. Not telling her, and certainly not telling her right away the way he did, would not have been an act of dishonesty. I know now things happened in my mother's relationship that I was unaware of when I was a teenager- I would never consider her not telling me lying to me. It wasn't any of my business.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
Yea, I can't really blame Deacon, because being a parent just fell into his lap about five minutes ago. But he definitely needs to start reaching out to Rayna and Teddy to start getting a handle on this.
Frankly I don't think Teddy or Rayna have exactly been model citizens all the time when it comes to parenting either. Considering Deacon hasn't been doing this very long (or with any guidance because Teddy was too busy being angry/jealous/spiteful until recently and Rayna consumed with anything that wasn't Luke or her label) I think he's done a fine job with the transition. I can't say for sure before seeing tonight's episode, but Rayna's seeming lack of concern for Maddie's feelings about her remarriage is a much bigger problem to me than Deacon's honesty. I still find it amazing that she wouldn't even appear at a public event with Deacon without okaying it with the girls, but suddenly now a public proposal from a man who has only known her daughters for a few months is completely acceptable.

I respect everyone's opinions, and we can agree to disagree, but mine is that I don't feel Deacon is in the wrong here. The way it came out wasn't ideal, but he didn't say anything negative about Luke, Rayna or their decision and clearly wanted his daughter to know how much their family meant to him.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
New Fan

I can't tell whether it's intentional for Rayna to pay no attention to her children's feelings about her engagement or because they've forgotten to write anything about it. Either way it's a disservice to her character as they developed it in season 1.

Personally I don't think Deacon has done anything wrong - nothing negligent or malicious, anyway. And at least he's being portrayed as a more rounded character.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Connie tweeting spoilers again

Quote:
Rayna Jaymes at #DWTS? Wha?? Thanks @DancingABC for hosting us! @Nashville_ABC pic.twitter.com/zfWJ14rr65

x
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Before Rayna went to talk to Luke or Deacon last week she should have gone to Teddy's to talk to the girls.

This whole situation is a complete and utter mess. Of all the directions the writers could have gone after the finale they're going with one of the worst possible options.
Absolutely This! I can't believe they didn't have her do that! She didn't announce her decision to get a Cat, she's accepted a marriage proposal

Talking to the Girls should have been the first thing on her mind!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

On Location for tomorrow

Quote:
*EXTRAS*:
MOVERS: male, all ethnicities, age range 21-50, should be blue collar types who look like they might move furniture. Should be willing to do some moderate lifting (although not actually moving furniture) and should be average sizes (not too small, not too large)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiledAgain (View Post)
I think I may be in the minority on this, but I actually don't put a lot of blame on Maddie for her behavior. The poor kid has been through more in the last year than many go through in a lifetime. I mean, from her perspective, she was lied to by the two people she trusted most in the world (Rayna &Teddy) about one of the most important things in her world. Her biological father has been within arms length her entire life, and neither she nor Deacon had a clue. A child is supposed to have a truthful & honest relationship with his/her parents. That was destroyed for Maddie in a matter of minutes. That trust was broken! They are no longer the ones she can go to with the things that occupy her thoughts & emotions. They did that! Regardless of how you or I feel about the decision that was made to keep her paternity a secret, for her, she was robbed of a relationship with her real father in the father/daughter sense. Now, I think the relationship she has with Deacon goes way beyond the typical father/daughter bond. They've been through & experienced such a difficult thing together & come out on the other side. Because of that, I think they are both determined to make sure that they are not dishonest with each other. Deacon is more than just her father. He's her support system, which is so essential to their connection since she feels she has lost that with Rayna & Teddy, as I think she has become the same thing for him. I appreciate the realness in their relationship.
Just my two cents......
she was robbed of a relationship with her father (I shy away from using real father, because I do not think biology infers parenthood.) which is why Deacon is inexperienced in being a father, and in shared decision making. All I'm saying is you don't drop that sort of comment without talking to the other parent (in this case parents). And if you do, you recognize you were wrong in doing so and you move on.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
On Location for tomorrow
So someone is moving hmmmmm wonder who it is...
Old 10-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi86 (View Post)
ugh that's right they are STILL not up
Old 10-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Watch them be as anticlimactic as 3x02. LOL.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Whatever. Team Daphne. LOL. Someone save her.
THIS!!! Bless this precious child!

I was watching The Good Wife the other day and Laura Benanti had a very small part in one of the episodes. That's the only thing I've ever seen her in and she was truly mediocre, I hope we don't get stuck with her for more then 10 episodes or I will rage. We already have bad acting with Aubrey
Old 10-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Laura Benanti was already on twitter sarcastically talking about her screentime for tonight....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread