Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Gahhhh Hayden! I am so excited for next week. J/A will kill me
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think I need to read up on Patsy Cline's life? abusive husband?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmarie (View Post)
New sneak peek, this one of Juliette auditioning for the biopic.

'Nashville' sneak peek: Watch Juliette sing Patsy Cline's 'Crazy' | Inside TV | EW.com
I think he wanted her to be a housewife and she wanted to sing. I have read a little about her.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding it, but yeah, her second husband was strongly rumored to be abusive. I remember reading that her father abandoned her family when she was a kid, too, and she was in a bad car crash before she died in the plane crash (I don't think she was more than 30 or 31 when she died, so there was a lot of drama in a very short life).

ETA: the one who didn't want her to work was her first husband, I'm almost sure.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
First marriage:
She married contractor Gerald Cline on September 19, 1953 and divorced him on July 4, 1957. The dissolution of that marriage was blamed on the conflict between her desire to sing professionally and his desire that she adopt the conventional role of a housewife. This marriage produced no children.

Second marriage:
She married linotype operator Charlie Dick on September 15, 1957. Their marriage produced two children: Julie Dick (August 25, 1958) and Randy Dick (January 22, 1961).

I think the casting director mentions second marriage? So are we saying that Derek Hough is probably playing Charlie Dick?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Amazing I can't wait for the entire scene.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm also thinking this scene happens after the JA confrontation at his apartment. Not superrr crazy of the idea of the parallel there but I can live with it.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the title of this thread
Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

these quotes. I think he did confirm the abuse:

Quote:
Dick confesses that he occasionally smacked Cline and that he once spent a night in jail for beating her up. Says Charlie: "Strangers would've thought we were gonna knock each other out, but we were just livin'. We made up as hard as we fought. We had a lot of fun making up."
Quote:
Dick was simultaneously proud and jealous of his wife, an ambivalence that often erupted in bouts of drinking, followed by violence. "Patsy could really hold her own. She was strong and that was sometimes rough on a tough guy like Charlie,"
Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

"We were just living." WTF? Some people manage to live just fine without hitting their wives.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

he lived off her royalties apparently after her death too...

anyway, I'm more and more convinced that they should never show any scenes between Derek and Hayden actually being these characters. How in the world is Derek going to be able to pull this off acting wise?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I know he's had some limited acting training, but to the best of my knowledge, he has virtually no experience actually ACTING on a television show. I don't know why they do this to Hayden, lol.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

For Hayden this is probably a good arc, especially if they can be able to parallel emotions from the abusive marriage into Juliette's past abuse? I may be thinking about this too far, but I wonder if the show will actually show them filming any confrontation scenes of Pasty/Charlie.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Loyal Fan

OLC for Friday:

*EXTRAS*:
DANCER TYPES: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 18-28, attractive, fit, should have dancer physique and carry themselves as a dancer would, prefer real dancers with experience (*although you will NOT actually be performing or dancing)

ROADIES (Juliette's Roadies, NEW Roadies): male, all ethnicities, age range 19-55, should have some experience with musicial equipment or just be willing to move equipment and cables & look like a road crew person

MEDICAL PERSONNEL: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 24-60, clean-cut, conservative

VENUE SECURITY: male, all ethnicities, age range 20-50, larger stature but fit & athletic

VENUE STAFF: female, all ethnicities, age range 22-40, variety of types
Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

So looks like a Juliette show...and they're going to be needing medical personnel. That can't mean anything good for her
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread