Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't expect Avery to be the male lead, because I know Chip is, but I DO expect more than one throwaway line about his family, especially when he's having a baby with the other female lead, over every freaking member of Luke's family.

Rayna is such a mess, I don't even know where to start. She has virtually no depth, no explanation for her personal motivations.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

how do you get connie britton to play a character with such little depth? it's almost impressive. that's what they should win an award for.

I will say I think Connie does her best emotion wise to play with what she's given. I don't think she's a slacker actor (is that even possible? this is connie britton we are talking about). I know some actors who, when unhappy with storyline, don't come to work mentally. Connie doesn't do that... but its pretty obvious as to what scenes she enjoys being in because they feel organic, which is her style.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
how do you get connie britton to play a character with such little depth? it's almost impressive. that's what they should win an award for.

I will say I think Connie does her best emotion wise to play with what she's given. I don't think she's a slacker actor (is that even possible? this is connie britton we are talking about). I know some actors who, when unhappy with storyline, don't come to work mentally. Connie doesn't do that... but its pretty obvious as to what scenes she enjoys being in because they feel organic, which is her style.
Yes! She's sooooo much better in the scenes with Chip, and also the very few she's had with Hayden.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Remember when Nashville was about two women and the different sides of the industry and how that lasted for like 5 episodes?
Giving so much screen time to Luke, Scarlett, and a bunch of newbies no one really cares or will care about is extremely disrespectful and a big FU to the leads, imo.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hayden and Connie steal the show in their scenes together. It's a show about the music business and the limited opportunity that women in that industry have. It's incredible the lack of scenes that our leads get, simply because they have to prop others in different spheres.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Rayna and Juliette should be the priority and the ones with more screen time. Hayden and Connie are gg and Emmy nominees respectively and drew people to watch the show in the first place. Now Callie is basically costing the show a lot of viewers because she chose to put amateurs front and center even though critics criticized this stupidity every single chance they got. I know ABC had input in the soapy aspect of the show but some other decisions are her fault and could have been avoided.
I'm not kidding about this but Connie and Hayden had approximately an average of 8 or 10 (max) minutes of screen time. MESS
Sometimes I can't believe this is the same woman who wrote Thelma and Louise, tbh.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is it just me but I am finding it difficult to follow the direction of this story line or is it possible they are just making it up as they go? This could turn into a ratings catastrophe.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

I 100% do not understand why this show is not about Rayna and Juliette taking over the world together.. wtf writers... get your sht together
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Nooooo I thought the lack of Luke's promo lately meant something. But if they're casting another of Luke's kids, it means the R/L storyline isn't going anywhere. I think we shouldn't even rule out an actual wedding.

And when did we learn Luke has two kids in season 2 ? I don't remember. (But I was paying zero attention to his storyline anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Yes! She's sooooo much better in the scenes with Chip, and also the very few she's had with Hayden.
I think the scene with Chip at the end of 2x19 was maybe the only one worth of her talent in season 2.

The scene where she confronts her father could have had potential but it was so badly written (and the Peggy's murder storyline was so stupid) that it was impossible to take it serioulsy (still laughing out loud at the "Did you try to murder the father of my children" line )
Old 09-17-2014, 05:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Is Connie even in episode 6? It seems like she's been in NY for days and she's not done with events there until the 27th which will already be a few days into filming episode 7.

Last edited by TVFan221; 09-17-2014 at 05:46 AM
Old 09-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Is Connie even in episode 6? It seems like she's been in NY for days and she's not done with events there until the 27th which will already be a few days into filming episode 7.
She's been back in Nashville for about a week. She was in NY for the second half of 305 and it seemed like they just did all of her scenes in the first week. She's definitely been filming 306 this week, there were some Rayna related extras on On Location

She has an event in Nashville this weekend. Then back to NY for a day. Not sure if Rayna is in any of the live parts, but if she is she'd have to be back in Nashville again for the premiere. Then back to NY a couple days later.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
She's been back in Nashville for about a week. She was in NY for the second half of 305 and it seemed like they just did all of her scenes in the first week. She's definitely been filming 306 this week, there were some Rayna related extras on On Location

She has an event in Nashville this weekend. Then back to NY for a day. Not sure if Rayna is in any of the live parts, but if she is she'd have to be back in Nashville again for the premiere. Then back to NY a couple days later.
based on that schedule I'm assuming Rayna does not have any live parts. Which makes sense considering the major live parts we know are Will's song (why would Rayna be there?) and Deacon's (which we know she is purposely not there for)
Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

New sneak peek, this one of Juliette auditioning for the biopic.

'Nashville' sneak peek: Watch Juliette sing Patsy Cline's 'Crazy' | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

HAYDEN
Closed Thread   Post New Thread