Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2015, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)
Hi!

I am new to this thread but not new to the forum.. haven't logged in in years, but was thrilled to see HACF fans so had to post!
Hi, welcome to the thread . Glad to see some new fans.

Quote:
Binged watched Season 1 twice already. I must say I already do NOT like this Sara character! What kept me invested in Season One was the amazing chemistry between Joe and Cameron. They had most of their scenes together, and with Season Two he's off with Sara. Not much of an Aleksa fan but will reserve judgement till I see her on the show.
I liked the show, but I got obsessed with the show because of Joe/Cameron, especially after the Giant when he ran after her cab.
I ****ing hate his storyline for season 2.
I have to withold myself to bitch about Sara, because it's really not her fault. I don't even think she knows about Cameron even in 208.

Quote:
Am I reading it right that Sara and Joe attempt to have sex at WestCorp? If that's right, then it's all the more obvious that Joe's using Sara as his Cameron substitute. He's doing things with Sara that are a direct reflection of his relationship with Cameron but this time he's going through the motions.
Yes, it's even near his old office at the basement level 2 where the mainframe is. They are in a room full of computers, so it's a total parallel to Joe/Cameron. I guess he tries to fill the void Cameron left with Sara. Nothing about that relationship appears that healthy. Their meeting wasn't serendipitous, he searched for her at the Fiske observatory. I also think he is with Sara because he doesn't show vulnerability with her like with Cameron. He still wants to protect himself from hearbreak.

Quote:
Also, it's telling they have to take ecstasy to get intimate. That alone shows there's not a lot of feelings involved. . again going through the motions.
Nothing in their earlier scenes from the sides is very affectionate. They are showing us something is off between them. Their sex scene also gets interrupted.

Quote:
My solace as a Joe/Cameron fan is that this show started off the VERY FIRST act of the pilot with them having sex. And Cameron rebuffing him saying "What do you mean we're not in love?" sarcastically. This show will come full circle with them being together again. . .Lee alluded in an interview last year when he referenced their 'love story' then corrected himself.
Mine too. Their scene was the first scene on the show (after he killed the armadillo, but that was only a small scene ). They are endgame, but how much will we have to bear before this.
After her line "You mean we're not in love?" I knew there would be a similar scene in the finale, where they would be actually in love. And it kind of was when he wanted her to work for him again, but this time it was about love.

So I really think in the finale we'll get the ILYs between them and everything that was delusional and fake with Sara will become true with Cameron. There is even a rock in episode 2 he got from Sara and this totally reminds me of the piece of the Hoover Dam. So the writers are constantly reminding us.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just hope we get a Season Three if things aren't resolved by the end of Season Two. This upcoming season is make or break time for the show!!!

It annoys me that HACF was scheduled while Game of Thrones was still running. I hoped that AMC would have waited a couple weeks before starting HACF again so there wouldn't be conflicts. They might not be on at the same time on Sunday nights, but lots of people don't bother to switch channels when their show is over.

I'd hate for these storylines to be left hanging!

The good news is with HACF coming to Netflix maybe more people will tune in for Season 2, or at least DVR it.

Cameron makes Joe more human. That was the whole theme for Season One. And Joe made Cameron grow up a little.

Gordon was right when he said they were perfect for each other because they are both psychotic. lol (I think they are both just career-driven.)
Old 03-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just hope we get a Season Three if things aren't resolved by the end of Season Two. This upcoming season is make or break time for the show!!!
Me too, them not being together at the end of season 1 was already horrible without knowing if there would be another season.

Quote:
It annoys me that HACF was scheduled while Game of Thrones was still running. I hoped that AMC would have waited a couple weeks before starting HACF again so there wouldn't be conflicts. They might not be on at the same time on Sunday nights, but lots of people don't bother to switch channels when their show is over.
I have a couple of interviews with the actors and they all stated that AMC made a mistake with the marketing. A lot of people didn't know about the show. So this is a good sign and they are already giving us teasers for season 2.

Quote:
Cameron makes Joe more human. That was the whole theme for Season One. And Joe made Cameron grow up a little.
I agree, she keeps him honest to himself and I think this is what he needs. He didn't find himself between season 1 and season 2, he is just trying a different persona on, one that doesn't fit again. I think it shows again his immaturity and delusion, because he thinks he can substitute Cameron just like that and pretend it something real.
She did grow up in season 1 and it was because of everything she went through with Joe. A lot of people called her immature because of the things she said to him in the finale, but it wasn't immature, it was just human. She lashed out, because he hurt her so badly and she wanted to hurt him too. It was harsh, but very human.

Someone on tumblr posted that Cameron was Joe's guide to humanity and Christopher Cantwell agreed with her on tumblr (before he deactivated his account). His love for her made him human.

Quote:
Gordon was right when he said they were perfect for each other because they are both psychotic. lol (I think they are both just career-driven.)
And this was deliberately planted by the writers. They are always giving us some hints how Joe/Cam are just meant to be together and are perfect together.
In the "inside the episode" clip for Landfall they said thos 2 get each other.
Cameron was the only one who saw through Joe's schemes and his fake persona in season 1. She knew he was pretending. In season 2 he is genuine with her (and Gordon), so she believes and trusts him again. She doesn't know much about his relationship with Jacob and Sara, so there is no reason to doubt him.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll be curious how Boz plays into all this in Season 2. He's the one who encourages Cameron to speak to Joe and acted as an intermediary, right?

Though he hated Joe for most of Season 1, I think Boz will support Cameron if she decides to take him back. I wondered why Boz punched that guy in the strip club when he accused Joe of being gay, since Boz was clueless about Joe's past. However, then I realized he saw Cam & Joe together late at night--so Boz knew about their relationship and probably assumed Joe was totally straight.

Either way, I hope this show gets viewers this season. Lee Pace is far more popular and well known now after this year. It's too bad ratings from overseas (China, etc.) don't count when it comes to AMC's ratings. . .his fans outside the U.S. are rabid and could really help this show! lol
Old 03-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'll be curious how Boz plays into all this in Season 2. He's the one who encourages Cameron to speak to Joe and acted as an intermediary, right?
He will act even more I think as a mentor and surrogate father for her. He encouraged her to speak to him because he knew her personal history with Joe is clouding her judgement. He was defending the Giant to her.

Quote:
Though he hated Joe for most of Season 1, I think Boz will support Cameron if she decides to take him back. I wondered why Boz punched that guy in the strip club when he accused Joe of being gay, since Boz was clueless about Joe's past. However, then I realized he saw Cam & Joe together late at night--so Boz knew about their relationship and probably assumed Joe was totally straight.
He punched the guy because he insulted Joe. I think homosexualiy was still a great taboo then and the guy meant to insult Joe and Boz is a man of honor and wouldn't let that stand.
I think he won't approve in the beginning, because he knows he might hurt Cam again. He is aware of the personal history between them and that Joe hurt her badly. But in season 3 there might be developing some respect between them if he sees how Joe is around Cameron.
I really think Joe/Cam will be working together on something. There might be a setup in the finale. He won't go to Californa. I love how even Sara/Joe going to California is again about Joe/Cam. Nothing is genuine with her.

Quote:
Either way, I hope this show gets viewers this season. Lee Pace is far more popular and well known now after this year. It's too bad ratings from overseas (China, etc.) don't count when it comes to AMC's ratings. . .his fans outside the U.S. are rabid and could really help this show! lol
I also think Mackenzie's career will take off massively and this might be great for the show too. She brings in a younger audience.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just checked showfax again. They revised some of the sides yesterday. I was lucky, I still got the original version, because they removed some of the scenes in the sides for Gretchen (8 pages, now only 2). They removed for example the scene where Joe and Sara arrive in a limo at the club and pop another pill. They start to feel the effect of the pill in the limo and they are loving it and each other very much.
Joe feels lighter, unburdenend and is ready to let go of work and Westgroup.
It's interesting, we only get affection and passion with them when they take drugs.
The same with the Jesse sides. 5 pages instead of 4 pages.

Also, where is the money coming from? They are in a limo and they are moving to an idyllic house in Californa. Might be from Joe's work at Westgroup.

The interesting thing about Gretchen is she tells Cameron how her family is screwed up and she didn't feel safe there. She had no one to talk too and found some help in the Mutiny community. They made her realize she can walk away. I have the feeling this might reflect a bit Cameron's backstory.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisredbeatrice (View Post)
I just checked showfax again. They revised some of the sides yesterday. I was lucky, I still got the original version, because they removed some of the scenes in the sides for Gretchen (8 pages, now only 2). They removed for example the scene where Joe and Sara arrive in a limo at the club and pop another pill. They start to feel the effect of the pill in the limo and they are loving it and each other very much.
Joe feels lighter, unburdenend and is ready to let go of work and Westgroup.
It's interesting, we only get affection and passion with them when they take drugs.
The same with the Jesse sides. 5 pages instead of 4 pages.

Also, where is the money coming from? They are in a limo and they are moving to an idyllic house in Californa. Might be from Joe's work at Westgroup.

The interesting thing about Gretchen is she tells Cameron how her family is screwed up and she didn't feel safe there. She had no one to talk too and found some help in the Mutiny community. They made her realize she can walk away. I have the feeling this might reflect a bit Cameron's backstory.
Interesting. Sara and Joe are both screwed up, so they have that in common. Sara's dad is rich, so it's probably HER money.

I'm not to excited that it seems like Season 2 has two different worlds. . Joe's world and then everyone else with Donna, Cameron and Gordon. I liked it better when the storylines were more integrated.

I'm already hating Sara and S2 hasn't started. lol I love that Donna and Cameron will interact more!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm actually quite interested to see how screwed up Joe is without Cameron & co in his life.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Interesting. Sara and Joe are both screwed up, so they have that in common. Sara's dad is rich, so it's probably HER money.
I think now there is a reason why all her relationships failed before.
The weird thing was that they only had a small apartement in Dallas, like they had no money.

Quote:
I'm not to excited that it seems like Season 2 has two different worlds. . Joe's world and then everyone else with Donna, Cameron and Gordon. I liked it better when the storylines were more integrated.
Neither am I. Gordon will help Joe with the hardware at Westgroup, but besides that he is working on an idea of his own. Building personalized computers (it's pretty ironic after last season, when he didn't like Cameron's interactive computer) and someone (Stan, Larry and Ed) are stealing his idea. So there are the parallels with Westgroup stealing Mutiny's idea. I really think Joe will help Cameron out and this might be his wakeup call. Sara will be mad because he promised to leave this work, but he has to make it up to Cameron. She'll feel betrayed again. He dragged her into the businesss with Westgroup and made them copying her service possible, because it runs on Westgroup's network.
They might paint her as some rich daddy's little girl in 207 and 208.

I always love the interaction between the main characters the most. I don't care that much about characters who are introduced in later seasons. I don't mind Tom that much, but I'm not excited about him either. I only like that Cameron will have someone too.

It will be also very hard to wait until 205 to get the first interaction between Joe and Cameron. God, I can't wait for their meeting.

Quote:
I'm already hating Sara and S2 hasn't started. lol I love that Donna and Cameron will interact more!
I feel you, she doesn't come off that bad, but there is also nothing to make me like her. There is a scene with them (after the party and after Joe witnesses WestNet) and they are sitting across each other on the couch and pitching ideas. They seem happy, I think it will be spoiled soon by Joe. I do think he will come to Mutiny to warn Cameron, but I don't know what they can do about it. She was already working on some copy-protection in a previous scene, but it might be too late. She is also thinking about what Tom said to her about her listening to Joe more than to him in the scene where Lev arrives at Mutiny.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-27-2015 at 11:08 AM
Old 03-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I'm actually quite interested to see how screwed up Joe is without Cameron & co in his life.
Cameron was a good influence for him and he kind of for her too (if we ignore some stuff and focus on how he gave her the opportunity to be part of the Giant team).
Sara isn't, he is living a lie and I don't think it's healthy. And her father appears to be an *******, he enjoyed the back and forth between Jesse and Joe (2 male alphas competing with each other).

I wish I could see the season finale first and then decide if I'm watching the season.
Somehow I don't see anymore Cameron taking Joe back at the end of the season. I also don't know if they are already married and then went on a honeymoon or just on the honeymoon before the wedding.

I only know I'll avoid tumblr out of fear to see some pics with Joe and Sara.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-27-2015 at 11:06 AM
Old 03-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisredbeatrice (View Post)
Cameron was a good influence for him and he kind of for her too (if we ignore some stuff and focus on how he gave her the opportunity to be part of the Giant team).
Sara isn't, he is living a lie and I don't think it's healthy. And her father appears to be an *******, he enjoyed the back and forth between Jesse and Joe (2 male alphas competing with each other).

I wish I could see the season finale first and then decide if I'm watching the season.
Somehow I don't see anymore Cameron taking Joe back at the end of the season. I also don't know if they are already married and then went on a honeymoon or just on the honeymoon before the wedding.

I only know I'll avoid tumblr out of fear to see some pics with Joe and Sara.
Since Aleksa Palladino was made a series regular, I fear we are stuck with Joe & Sara for a while. She has no ties to any of the other major characters in the show, and so I can't see how she would be integrated outside of Joe's orbit. It's not like Donna who didn't work at Cardiff but had the skillset to naturally fit into what they were doing Season 1.

I am excited for Season 2 but the storyline spoilers are depressing. So little joy this season. That doesn't bode well for the long term future of this show if the showrunners/writers don't give fans who invested in Season 1 something to look forward to.

There were already a lot of people griping that Season 1 was all over the place. If there are only a few eps of Season 2 left to shoot, hopefully they'll tie a LOT more of the threads together.

I just want to read about ONE happy thing that happens next season! Gordon cheating on Donna and Joe doing drugs, getting married are not things I look forward to. Guess the one positive is Boz is back
Old 03-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Since Aleksa Palladino was made a series regular, I fear we are stuck with Joe & Sara for a while. She has no ties to any of the other major characters in the show, and so I can't see how she would be integrated outside of Joe's orbit. It's not like Donna who didn't work at Cardiff but had the skillset to naturally fit into what they were doing Season 1.
Joe's delusion is about his private life this season and they need her to show it. Lee Pace never directly answered questions whether Joe is in love with Cameron and so some people will say he was never in love with Cameron and others again it's still all about Cameron.
I hate that Aleksa Palladino's name appears right behind Toby Huss' name in the teaser.

Quote:
I just want to read about ONE happy thing that happens next season! Gordon cheating on Donna and Joe doing drugs, getting married are not things I look forward to. Guess the one positive is Boz is back
I can forgive the cheating, although it will be also hard to watch. But at least it's only one time, but Joe/Sara getting married (offscreen) will be hard. I think episode 208 will show the height of his self-delusion (at least I hope so) before some wakeup call. I'm such an optimist, I still hope they went on honeymoon before the marriage.
I was kind of glad there is a sex scene (they never come to it, they are still pulling on their clothes before they hear someone in Joe's old office) only because of the drugs. So I don't mind the drugs.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks parishead for the news about this show. I hope they show a marathon.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^^ You're welcome.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope we'll get the Joe, Cameron, Donna and Gordon working together again like in 109 to fight WestNet. Jesse might be behind this, but Jacob certainly approves. He is a shark.
Joe and Sara are both idiots. For them it's not even about their relationship, they just don't want to be failures again. Joe doesn't want to fail again with this reinvented persona and Sara won't disappoint her father. Cameron/Tom are more mature even if they are a lot younger than Joe and Sara.
I guess in the beginning Sara will appear mature and responsible (they wrote something like that in the press release), but during the season we'll see that she is quite a screwup too.

I don't know if they got married, maybe they just preponed the honeymoon, because I don't think that much time passes between 207 and 208 and they aren't in Las Vegas.
I don't see Cameron taking him back if he is married. It would be just too much and in the end it will be up to Cameron if they get back together. She will choose between Joe and Tom. I hope she doesn't choose Tom, although if Joe is really married I wish she would. Too much trouble there.

Now it's very hard waiting for the sides for 209. I'm glad we got alsmos 2 fifth of the script for 208. I counted the pages - we have 20 pages. But act 5 is almost everytime missing and this is the most important part.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-28-2015 at 02:59 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread