Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Found some new pic from the set. Scoot and Lee together. I think this might be for episode 204 (I think there is the female director in one pic) and it is at Gordon's house. Gordon and Joe

Second pic

I think we might get new sides today if they don't have a break from filming after 205.

New pic from the set (without people ) from Aleksa Palladino's instagram. Only the chairs of Aleksa Palladino and Lee Pace on the set.
So Sara appears in 205 as well. I think we'll get to see Joe's reaction after meeting Cameron for the first time too and this might be in a scene with them afterwards. We already now Cameron is pretty absent minded and out of sorts after meeting with him from the sides, so it won't leave him indifferent too.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-03-2015 at 10:55 AM
Old 03-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

New sides are up.

4 characters:

Jody and Michael: Gordon's niece and nephew. He is apparently visiting his older brother Henry in California with his daugthers.
Oh, the scene before is with Joe and Jacob. Jacob ask Joe if Joe and Sara already set a date, because he has to be in the Middle East a few times this summer. Joe tells him he'll be the first to know.
Jacob is also instructing Joe in some negotiation about the price. He shall start at 5$, negotiate to 4$ if he wants, but 3.5$ is the absolute bottom. Otherwise they are moving on.

I think this might have to do with Mutiny. They are buying the services of Westgroup. I guess he'll negotiate with Cameron and Boz.

So, Joe and Sara are really planning to get married. It's interesting that Joe is cutting Jacob off with the "you'll be the first to know". Like he doesn't want to talk about it right now.
I don't know, but it feels like Joe will be again in some deep **** at the end of the season. He's Jacob's employee and Jacob is pulling the strings. I don't think it will change when he marries Sara and I don't know if that is something that Joe wants. He won't get any respect that way at the company.
Also, at the end of the scene they wrote his wheels turn, never one to be told to slow down. It feels a bit like the old Joe from season 1. I kind of want him back.
So, it doesn't look like Gordon is on board with Joe.

Rae - Some old female friend of Gordon's and Henry's. There is first flirtation in an earlier scene at a bar (?) where she is working and in a later scene then sex in the back of Henry's truck (without Henry of course . He is cheating on Donna. He tells Rae he is sick. He has CTE, something with the brain. He hasn't told Donna yet. Rae gets mad because he dumps his **** on her and leaves. Donna is hiding something too and she tells Cameron (I don't know what) in an earlier scene. In a later scene at night Cameron and her are driving in Cameron's car and she asks Donna if she has told Gordon. No, Cameron is the only one that knows.

Feels like some deep **** on both Gordon's and Donna's side. Oh, and Cameron is driving a Blazer now, not her Jeep anymore.
I like that Donna confides in Cameron. Now we really get the feeling that they are friends.

Wendy - Gordon's sister-in-law I suppose. Haley is crying when Gordon comes home (after Rae). Henry figures out he has been sleeping with Rae and is mad.

So Henry might be again some bigger character. There are no sides for him.

Checked wikipedia. Gordon has Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and it's a progressive degenerative disease. People with CTE can show symptoms of dementia.

We also learn that not much time has passed since the premiere. It's still spring.

Only 4 more episodes left. I don't know where they are going with them.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-04-2015 at 02:33 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisredbeatrice (View Post)
New sides are up.
Thank you so much for posting all of the new info (in this and the previous posts). I've been crazy busy and haven't had as much time for being around here -- in fact, I'm not able to go read the scripts now, but I will as soon as I can...things should calm down by Friday.

I just wanted to comment on Gordon -- I also wiki'ed it and the CTE diagnosis seems so strange to me...first, because is HACF really giving one of its main characters what sounds like a pretty horrifying condition -- one which would have Gordon sink further and further into dementia the longer the series goes on? I know it's the home of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, but this just seems so...dark and so hopeless for a show that's about a bunch of crazy people trying to build computers. (Does SM want off the show, maybe?)

Secondly, from what I can see, CTE is more common with people who have sustained repeated head trauma, like athletes (boxers, football players, hockey players). Are we going to find out that Gordon was an athlete in school? Or did something else happen to cause this?

I don't know -- I just love Gordon, like I love all these characters, and this news is just depressing, so I'm trying to find some way it might not be true -- like maybe he's been misdiagnosed? Or lying for some reason? Doesn't it seem weird that the show would give him this AND a possible addiction to cocaine?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

What's happening to Gordon is depressing.

"μ•„ μ•„κΉŒλŠ” λͺ» λ°›μ•„μ„œ λ―Έμ•ˆν•΄
친ꡬλ₯Ό λ§Œλ‚˜λŠλΌ
shy shy shy
Old 03-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Thank you so much for posting all of the new info (in this and the previous posts).
You're welcome .

Quote:
I've been crazy busy and haven't had as much time for being around here -- in fact, I'm not able to go read the scripts now, but I will as soon as I can...things should calm down by Friday.
Can't wait for your thoughts and input .

Quote:
I just wanted to comment on Gordon -- I also wiki'ed it and the CTE diagnosis seems so strange to me...first, because is HACF really giving one of its main characters what sounds like a pretty horrifying condition -- one which would have Gordon sink further and further into dementia the longer the series goes on? I know it's the home of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, but this just seems so...dark and so hopeless for a show that's about a bunch of crazy people trying to build computers. (Does SM want off the show, maybe?)
I agree, it's really totally unexpected and strange. I always knew Breaking Bad won't end with a happy ending, but with Halt I always had the feeling they'll all get their happy ending.
I don't think SM wants off the show, it's a storyline wanted by the writers. There are parallels in this episode with Donna. There is something wrong with her too and it's not good. First I thought she might be pregnant, but I don't think they had much sex this season and it's something more serious. Or maybe she just cheated on him too, IDK.
Gordon mentions the brain damage to the girl in 205 at the bar. I didn't think much about it then, but he might get the diagnosis in that epi. They needed some extras with medical experience for that episode. So he might not get it as a diagnosis, but maybe they told him CTE is a possibility and in the end he is healthy.

Or maybe he has again some psychotic break like in season 1 and it's some self diagnosis. Both him and Joe seem to be a bit delusional this season without Donna and Cameron.
Joe is kind of regressing again, replacing the dominance of his father by Jacob's dominance and IBM with Westgroup. I also think Jacob approves now of Joe, this is why they made him ask about the date.

They aren't updating much on imdb now, but they added another executive for 205 (so the executives aren't supposed to be Bowdich and Bentham, there are 3 now totally) and Brad, the manager at the Italian restaurant was added to 205.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-05-2015 at 09:19 AM
Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

New Extras Casting Call. They are looking for kids and families to appear in a scene filming this week.

AMC 'Halt and Catch Fire' Season 2 Casting Call for Families in Atlanta

Quote:
For an upcoming featured spot β€” we are looking for boys β€” ideally could be really brothers – both caucasian hair generally brown – could be light to dark brown β€” one boy – 5-9 years old and one between 8-12 years old β€” again real brothers AND their fathers very much encouraged to apply β€” but also separately – boys with brown hair 5-12 years old AND a father 35 – 40 β€” father brown hair as well – classic hair cut β€” a mechanic type
I wonder if this might be already for 206. Gordon is visiting his older brother with his kids, there might be some party or gathering.
The kids of Gordon's brother are aged 12 and 9.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Doesn't anyone read the sides anymore? The speculation was always so much fun.

I don't know if it's true but apparently there was a sneak preview of season 2 during the apple keynote.

Also there seems to be a stuntmen for Lee Pace for 2 episodes in season 2. It's for the first 2 episodes. I wonder if Joe shows some reckless behaviour and it's meant to show he isn't ok even if the first scenes suggest he is. Him regularly running to keep balance isn't a good sign for him. tumblr link
I can't wait for the season premiere. Then we'll get the tone for the new season. I guess it will get a lot darker after the opening sequences where it appears they are somehow all in a "happy" place.
It's interesting that they have tone meetings for the episodes (Cantwell tweeted it for 204).

They added 206 to imdb. Larysa Kondracki is the director, she did Landfall last season. The writer is Jamie Pachino. He/She (IDK) wrote Giant last season. They'll start shooting 206 this week. I don't know, but I think they need 7-8 days for one episode. I guess we'll get new sides next week.
Still no director or writer for 205.

I also thougt a bit about the Cameron/Tom (I think they happen in 204, somehow her impersonating Arnold Schwarzenegger in 205 in her interaction with him is so casual and friendly like they got closer to each other, she feels more lighthearted) and Joe/Sara relationship and I think that the writers wanted to make Cameron and Joe really jealous and insecure to a maximum about the other relationship. Joe has a relationship without any apparent agenda (at least to Cameron, I do think he is only pretending and trying to get over her. He wants a relationship, but without the messiness and vulnerability which comes with real love. She might still think he was with her because of her brilliance. The purpose of Simon was to raise some doubt in her.) and Cameron is with someone who is brilliant and has a lot of ideas (I think he comes up with an idea for a new game in 205). She told Joe in the season 1 finale she loved him because he recited her ideas back to her (It isn't true, but she wanted to hurt him). So this might hurt him and make him jealous a lot.
I do think Tom enters the game so late (not in the hiatus, but during the season), because the writers didn't want Joe nor Cameron to have some real relationship with someone else. Real in the sense of something healthy and real feelings. Joe's is like impersonating being in a relationship. In season 1 he modeled himself after his father - it was an act. So Joe enters Cameron's life before her relationship with Tom can become too serious and Joe's relationship with Sara is only about appearances. It's a bit of a stretch on my side, but in the sides of 206 I kind of get the vibe like he doesn't care that much about Jacob's approval now that Jacob finally approves. I also think if Jacob's is dictating the price for Mutiny, Joe might be genuinely wanting to help Cameron and Mutiny. This might be about choosing sides.

I also think Cameron's journey this season might be about finding her surrogate family - Bos (father) and Donna (big sister). I really think we'll get her backstory. I noticed in that interview with the costume designer how they wrote about her absent father and her addict mother. Not her dead father, but her absent father. I don't know if this works on the show or if it's too much soap opera stuff, but what if her father comes back from the "dead". I wonder why they didn't reveal which character James Dumont will play. But this might be already too much speculation on my part out of boredom.

What I also like is how on the surface Sara/Joe and Cameron/Tom are very similar and have somehow the same background, but underneath it all Joe and Cameron are the same and they are showing this with similar scenes. Like Cameron pitiching ideas with the coders (like Joe in the S1 finale) and also how Joe comes up with his business idea while working at Westgroup (just like Cameron at the phone company in the S1 finale). The scenes are in 204 and from 205 they are starting to rebuild the relationship with the first meeting.

I'm now officially talking to myself .

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-10-2015 at 11:46 AM Reason: Updating stunt info
Old 03-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dr. Semel has been added to the character list for 205. He appeared already in 202 when we learned about Gordon's coke addiction. I don't think it's a good sign, it might be the episode where Gordon gets diagnosed with CTE, so this might be really be true. It might be a setup for season 3. I think Donna has some serious health problems too and maybe season 3 might be about them recovering of their health problems together and taking care of their family more. I have the feeling the kids get a bit neglected this season. Gordon doesn't step up to the plate and takes care of them. I fully expected him to be there for his family this season as well as Joe being there for Cameron, but I'm always too optimistic and it's a drama show . And I love how the men are always worse screwups than the women.

I'm gonna add a bit of speculation of mine. Maybe in season 3 (I fully expect now a further season, I really think they know they had bad marketing. There are a lot of fans on Twitter.) Gordon and Donna will be overcoming their health issues and be there together for their daughters. I think Mutiny will become quite successful in the second half of the second season and Cameron and Donna might sell it at the end of the season. Somehow Jo-Jo's line he doesn't believe the shares will be worth something suggests it. I fully expect Joe to choose love (Cameron) at the end of the season (episode 9 maybe) and in the season finale I hope that he and Cameron are becoming partners on every level both professionally and private. It would mirror the season 1 finale and it would be something both of them want. Joe will sacrifice his career at Westgroup for Cameron and she will let him back in in her life, because it's not about the business anymore. It would be kind of full circle and the connection with Gordon and Donna would be friendship. Cameron is for Donna this season what Joe was for Gordon in season 1. She is the spark for her and I love how Cameron appreciates Donna's talents and character. And Donna is becoming a big sister and friend for Cameron.
So I think Joe will split from Sara in episode 9 and in the finale he'll deal with the repercussions, Jacob will want him out of Westgroup, but I think Joe will know that already beforehand. Cameron might split from Tom in the finale after Joe comes for her, but IDK. Tom will definately leave Mutiny after their break-up and I really think it'll be a loss for Mutiny, but Cameron will be willing to take that chance. Joe's world was never the corporate world and the world of dinner parties. He tries to adapt to Sara's lifestyle, but that's not him. I think he'd love to be in some start-up like Mutiny or Cameron's next thing and he needs Cameron because she keeps him true to himself.

Also the girl at the bar in 205 and Chet Jenson (the 15 year old kid who wants a refund for the hours spend on the game) have been added to the cast list. I love Chet (Cameron: "You don't get **** buddy" is so funny), I wonder if he is a recurring character, he even gets a surname and what is his purpose in the episode other than pissing Cameron and Bos off.

Tom and some of the coders have been added to the character list for 206 too. So he's still around.

Nick Pupo (Amit) tweeted yesterday they were still filming 205. So I think today or tomorrow they'll start filming 206 and I expect new sides next week.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-12-2015 at 03:57 PM
Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the informations

친ꡬλ₯Ό λ§Œλ‚˜λŠλΌ
shy shy shy
Old 03-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Thanks for all the informations
You're welcome .
Old 03-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wow lots of posts there. good to hear about the newbies. this will definitely be on my summer list.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisredbeatrice (View Post)

I don't know if it's true but apparently there was a sneak preview of season 2 during the apple keynote.
Where did you hear that? Maybe we could try to find it? Though it wuld probably already be out there if it was true.

친ꡬλ₯Ό λ§Œλ‚˜λŠλΌ
shy shy shy
Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

New sides are up.

Cameron and Tom are definately in a relationship and Joe's and Sara's relationship is starting to fall apart. Lev was beaten up and is at the hospital.

3 new characters:

Karen Tom's mother, appears in the teaser. She was there for lunch and told Cameron embarrassing stories about Tom. How he used to wet her bed ... He has 2 more brothers and she is a bus driver. She appears to approve of Cameron and thanks her for giving Tom the opportunity to work at Mutiny. She tells Cameron she hasn't seen Tom that happy in a while. Also that Mutiny is a very, very special place and she knows there are bound for success. Then she leaves and Tom and Cameron share a sweet moment together where they laugh (Lil' Tommy). Cameron liked his mother and liked meeting her. Then there is the line in the script: Things are progressing and that might be ok for both of them.
But then Joe calls and Tom watches how Cameron's face ages for a few years. Westgroup wants to buy Mutiny. Cameron doesn't answer him immediately nd Joe tells her that's a good thing that they want to buy it.

Sommelier
Jacob, Joe and Sara at a Texan chophouse, beginning of act four. Sara is a raw nerve. Apparently she wants to tell Jacob something and fears his disapproval. Jacob leaves for a few moments because he meets someone. Joe asks Sara what she is waiting for. She tells him that her father thinks of her as this damaged, little girl who can't keep a relationship and she doesn't want to prove him right. Joe tells her "Then don't". She tells him not to make it harder than it already is.

So I think she wants to split up with Joe and she is afraid to tell her father. Joe doesn't want a breakup, but doesn't appear to be very heartbroken about it.

In a later scene (parts of it in the next sides) in the parking lot it appears she hasn't told her father. Joe asks her what now? Will she tell him at another dinner next week? She tells Joe that it crystallized for her in there what is wrong. Everything is Jacob and Joe. Joe is back in Dallas again, working at Westgroup and set a network up in secret .. Joe tells her he told her his version and told her what it was. He is doing things the right way this time, showing her he is not Peter. She tells him he isn't Peter, but he is like Jacob Wheeler and that really scares her (end of sides, though not of scene).

So I guess, Peter is her ex-husband or ex-boyfriend and he hurt her badly. She doesn't come off bad here (sorry about my bitchiness about her in previous posts). I think Joe is coming more into his own the more the season progresses and she doesn't like it. The Joe from the beginning isn't the real Joe and she doesn't accept the real Joe. It's a good sign, they are doomed and the relationship isn't working, but apparently Joe is still sticking to the Joe from the season premiere. He doesn't appear to be very sad in the whole conversation, but isn't also very keen with the split up. I get the vibe they might be each other's rebounds.

State Trooper
At the hospital, all the people of Mutiny are there. Lev went to meet with some George from the community and it was a Setup. They beat him up and he is stable, but badly hurt. Cameron talks to the state trooper when Donna enters. Donna wents to Lev and takes his hand. It isn't spelled out, but apparently Lev is gay and this is the reason he was beat up. Even Yo-Yo is there.

I wonder if Joe changes back only because of the business or because of Cameron too again. I think they want to stretch in this episode how Cameron understands Joe and accepts him of who he is. She doesn't even mind that he is bisexual, I think the beating up of Lev is a way to show us how homosexuality was still a big taboo then.

Last edited by parisredbeatrice; 03-13-2015 at 02:49 PM
Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Where did you hear that? Maybe we could try to find it? Though it wuld probably already be out there if it was true.
It was only one single tweet. I don't know if it was any new stuff at all. I googled it a few days ago but found nothing.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

This is taking a new turn.

친ꡬλ₯Ό λ§Œλ‚˜λŠλΌ
shy shy shy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread