Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Good since they crapped on them for no reason.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"GLEE" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BREAK A LEG, RACHEL! ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, APRIL 22, ON FOX

The night has finally arrived for Rachel's (Lea Michele) Broadway debut in "Funny Girl," and she has very special guests in town to support her career-defining moment in the all-new "Opening Night" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-517) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.
Glee - Episode 5.17 - Opening Night - Press Release | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, if Becky's there and Tina isn't, I'm going to be upset.

icon
Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Glee - Episode 5.16 - Tested - Promo | Spoilers

Quote:
TVLine has learned exclusively that Shirley MacLaine is set to appear in multiple episodes of the Fox musical-dramedy — and her character has big plans for Darren Criss’ Blaine.

MacLaine, whose limited TV resume includes a recurring role as Lady Grantham’s mother Martha on Downton Abbey, will portray a powerful New York socialite intent on turning recent Big Apple transplant Blaine into a superstar. Her first episode is slated to air later this month.
Glee - Season 5 - Shirley MacLaine to Recur | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Shirley Maclaine, awesome.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Okay, if Becky's there and Tina isn't, I'm going to be upset.
Initial spoilers I believe said that Tina would be there. That she would be seen again in episode 17, which would be the big debut in NY. Unless something happened with availability. But still, I think she will be there...

Seems weird that Becky would be there. Unless since she's attached to the hip of Sue, that they come to New York together...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
5.18 Extended Summary:
With Funny Girl a bonafide hit and Rachel’s star clearly on the rise, she enjoys the fruits of her labors, including signing with a powerful New York talent agent who seems to have a wholly different take on her career path than she does. Just as the monotony of constantly performing the same show over and over again starts taking its toll on her, Rachel is approached by a Hollywood executive who presents the young star with a potentially once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that – while too tempting to refuse – requires her to take a calculated risk. At NYADA, Kurt gets a valuable opportunity to perform for a wealthy socialite who is known for fostering and launching the careers of many burgeoning artists. Thrilled with the chance to make a lasting impression, Kurt – committed to the idea that he and Blaine should always share their career boons together - recruits his fiancée to sing with him. Blaine finds himself put in a difficult position when the socialite takes more of a liking to him than to Kurt. Meanwhile, as Mercedes struggles to complete her latest single in time to meet her release deadline, she turns to Santana for help with finding a “new sound,” and ends up putting her own career on the line for the sake of her friend.

CONCEPT: Rachel is presented with a unique opportunity which could either take her career to the next level, or possibly kill it entirely. Meanwhile, Mercedes asks for Santana’s help finding a “new sound” for her latest single, and a wealthy New York socialite takes Blaine under her wing.
Glee - Episode 5.18 - Title and Extended Synopsis | Spoilers
Old 04-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm... Are they saying Rachel is being asked to leave her show? Didn't it just open? And are they recreating Lea's own rise to the top. How she ended up on Glee, after a major hit on Broadway in Spring Awakening.

Since I have doubts they would head to LA in Season Six, with everything now centered in New York. Although I guess any big Hollywood show could be taping in New York.

So the show is a hit? I had been thinking the debut would fall apart, and her decision to quit school would come back to bite her...

Hmmm....

Looks like Santana's next stop is a recording career...

They are moving things along very quickly in the last burst of episodes this season...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

I was wondering too if Rachel quitting Nyada would somehow jeopardize her future career on broadway
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I was wondering too if Rachel quitting Nyada would somehow jeopardize her future career on broadway
It seem just the predictable plot piece. Given how much of tantrum she was having about her decision. And her showdown with Carmen and Kurt. Have something happen at the debut, and the show is put off and she's now without a show and school... Although it was getting a head. She was either going to have to quit school or have something happen with the production because it was a little illogical for her to be a student by day and Broadway star at night...

But I guess it's a hit. So what happens next is the question I assume for Rachel.

After a season in a half of being in the same school year, they are moving very quickly now. So now are we finally in the Winter of 2014 on Glee?

If she failed the Winter showcase, which prompted her to quit. I wonder if the nightmare and endless winter made them having to say it is still winter in Glee's New York. Can't shoot scenes in real New York without winter coats... And it's still seesawing with the weather...

So I am curious what will happen. Will she quit. Or will she risk it by staying with the show at the risk of slowing down her journey to show business stardom.

Broadway was her dream? So are they going to recreate Lea's journey to stardom?

Basically what we are seeing now is a unofficial spinoff... So different from the show that existed just a few weeks ago.

I like it.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I like it too, a completely different feel to the show, they are all grown up. Wonder what will happen with the rest of the cast from Lima, especially Mr Shue and Sue.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like it too, a completely different feel to the show, they are all grown up. Wonder what will happen with the rest of the cast from Lima, especially Mr Shue and Sue.
Hard to know. We might see Shue and a off screen Emma move to New York in the long-run. Assuming what they have planned for Season 6. I know they have said they want to use as many originals as possible for whatever their plan. Assuming they want to come back... So we might seem going into the bank of originals in Season Six. Like Mike (who the actor said he would love to come back more regularly). Whether Tina shows up we shall see. I think more Brittany depends on if Heather wants to come back.

Given Naya's big engagement being called off. She might need Glee more now, since evidence was that she was looking to leave. So we might see more Santana next season...

Mercedes being around helps given without Santana, the female quotient of the group is low...with her and Rachel as the only female in the group.

But it does give a feeling of a very different feeling. Love how the gang comes together for their dinners.

Since it was presented as Shue wasn't even likely staying at McKinley. Had a job interview for choir director at Vocal Adranaline. So I am curious if when we see Will at Rachel's big Opening, he answers whether he stayed at all...

And if he left. We might not see McKinley again at all. Unless the last arc of the show is him going back to his old school, and putting the Glee club back together....with the help of some of his biggest alumni glee members...

All New York has given the show a different feeling. Freedom to do different things. So I am curious what happens next.

And not having to split the show in two.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to a new season in NYC
Old 04-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm looking forward to a new season in NYC
I like the vibe. It's a very different show. It's early, and could go downhill. But I am wish they could call this a spinoff already. Brand it one. And let it continue after next year. I know Lea is open to a spinoff after the show is finished...

Why not just call this a spinoff now. It has no direct correlation anymore to Lima.

I may eat my words. I like that so far they have shot so much in New York. Seeing Sam and Mercedes walk along the scenery.

So I am curious to see what they have planned next... Seeing the kids growing up. And seeing their next chapters blossoming...

I am sure this was what Ryan for after Season 3 with Rachel, Kurt and Finn...
Old 04-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Rachels nightmare...when each character was in their prime.

And I guess Brittany/HeMo isnt coming back to the show this season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread