Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls Spoilers ~ We're Celebrating The 100th Episode!

Previous Thread

Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed. New spoilers are posted with a

Gilmore Girls Episode Spoilers

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The 100th Episode
Airdate - 8 Feb 2005

"Wedding Bell Blues (100th Episode)" - (TV-PG) (HDTV)
Tuesday , February 08 2005 Fresh Episode
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

THE 100TH EPISODE/RICHARD AND EMILY RENEW THEIR VOWS - The night before Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) renew their vows, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) feel obligated to throw Emily a bachelorette party. At the ceremony the following day, Rory tells Logan (Matt Czuchry) she wants a relationship with him even though he's not ready to commit. Later, when Lorelai, Luke (Scott Patterson) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) discover Rory and Logan together, half-dressed, the shocking scene leads to an angry confrontation between Luke and Christopher. A furious Lorelai figures out that Emily invited Christopher in an attempt to break up her relationship with Luke. Melissa McCarthy and Keiko Agena also star. The episode was written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino

-Genevieve's- Summary of Wedding Bell Blues

Teaser: lalala to Luke's. Luke is on the phone making an order. Lorelai comes in and he waves her off. She says that apparantly they've been married for 40 years. He's ordering things for the boat. Lorelai starts looking through the catelogs and likes a pair of workboots in there and tells Luke to order them for her. He asks if he can come over and work on the boat tonight. She teases him about wanting to fall down the stairs to get out of going to the wedding. She says he doesn't have to go to the wedding and he says "Fine, I'll go". She says "I love it when I break you with just the sheer anticipation of a wear down". lol, it's really cute.

The Credits

At Lorelai's house, she and Rory are making food for a marathon. Talk talk talk. Instant Mashed potatoes. Luke knocks on the back door and Rory opens it. He needs an extension cord. Rory goes to get one. Luke doesn't want to come in because he'll see what they're eating and want to kill himself. They're cure standing at the door talking. He kisses her before he goes back out to the boat. Says he'll see her tomorrow. "10:30 sharp". Lorelai gets a phone call from Emily. Her dress is falling apart and she wants Lor to fix it for tomorrow. Emily drvies up and Luke is sanding the boat in the garage. She goes over and scares him, lol. She's giving him an Emily look. Says at least he has a hobby. He congratulates her on the renewal and she corrects him and says you congratulate the groom and offer best wishes to the bride. So he does. Lorelai looks at the dress. Some beads are loose. Lorelai is trying to rush her out so they can finish their marathon. Rory and Emily talk about her being nervous for tomorrow. Richard calls from his bachelor party. And asks how their gathering is going. He thinks they're having a bachelorette party. Rory and Lorelai wonder if they were supposed to. So they call up all the ladies. Sookie is exhausted but brings food. Gypsy, Miss Patty, Babette. Emily is getting drunk and having a ball. Lane and Kyon are there. Rory is telling Kyon what's happening tomorrow and she keeps asking "Why?". Emily says Lorelai is like a chimp? lol Sookie thinks they need to play games or have naughty gifts so Lorelai brings out a box of dirty shaped pasta and gives it to Emily. I think that's where they got her "OhMYGOd" from, lol.

Later, Emily is asleep (as is everyone else from the party) and Lorelai grabs the seating book and rearranges the tables. Rory says it seems mean that Emily and Richard kicked those other people out of the place they're holding the wedding. Lorelai says that's how rich people are and brings up the Life and Death Brigade and starts downing them. Rory defends the group. Silence and then Lorelai calls for a new subject.

Morning (10:35): the girls are getting ready. You jsut hear them talking, and see the empty living room. Luke knocks on the door and then comes in looking VERY handsome. Hubba hubba. He tells the girls that their front door was open. Lorelai runs down the stairs and kisses him on the cheek. She isn't dressed and says she's getting dressed there. Yells for Rory to come. He didn't know they were supposed to get dressed tehre. LMAO. they're leaving and Luke asks if they're going to lock up. Lor yells to Babette to lock up when she leaves and she pops up from the couch behind Luke and scares him. Tells him he looks nice.

Lorelai, Rory and Luke arrive at the hotel or whatever. Luke is saying his pants are wrinkled from the ride. Lor tells him to stop being a Nancy boy, lol. Emily and Richard walk up and they talk about how things are going. Emily had to redo the seating plan. Hee. Emily fired her wedding planner. Marilyn is going to help run things. Emily and RIchard just now see that Luke is here (has been the whole time). THey talk about his pants and say they're sure he's going to change. Marilyn walks up and is introduced to Luke. ASks if Luke is a gardner because she's always wanted to have an affair with one. Richard pulls Lorelai aside and askes her to take some necklaces to see what they look like with Emily's dress because he wants to give her one. She's supposed to be stealth but instead walks into the room and asks Emily which one she wants, lol.

THey're in the dressing room now. Emily is nervous and hasn't eaten. Lorelai offers to make her some pasta (the dirty pasta, lol). Emily is talking about how much she missed Richard and how wonderful it is to have a husband and a partnerand asks Lorelai if she ever wants to be married. She looks really happy and says "Actually I do". Rory comes in in her suit. Pants and all.

Now we're in the big room with the string quartet playing and lots of people sitting. White flowers everywhere. Marilyn is sitting by Luke and asks if he ever considered being a gardner. Richard, the judge and Rory walk in. Everyone turns around as Lorelai walks down the stairs. She's smiley and Luke is just watching her and has a little smile. Marilyn is watching Luke look at Lorelai. Lorelai smiles at Luke when she gets to him at the front of the aisle. Rory looks over and sees Logan sitting in one of the rows. No sign of the girl. Emily is walking down the stairs now. Everyone stands up. Aww, she looks pretty and Richard is transfixed. The judge starts his speech that we have from the sides. Rory is looking at Logan and the girl whispering. Luke and Lorelai share a sweet look and then we see Christopher come in and sit down. Richard and Emily are looking at each other for the ceremony and then

Cut to the party: Big band music is playing. Lorelai is showing Luke and Rory around the room. Luke is commenting on the flowers and Lorelai says "A little gayer please" lol. Marilyn comes over and says she should've married the judge. Tells Luke that he's saving a fance her her then walks away. Luke didn't know there was going to be dancing. Pulp fiction reference. Rory goes off. Lorelai has already seen 10 people she hates, 20 people who she can't remember their names...Luke sees the bar and goes over. Lorelai says he needs to run introduction interference for her and says something first so she knows their name. Rory is stalking Logan. Hiding behind that one character we had a side for as she spies on Logan with his date. Luke and Lorelai are talking to Bruce and Susan. Lorelai sees Chris and quickly tells Luke about going to visit him in ep 11. She explains about the tequila and talking. Luke doesn't look too happy. She says she's only telling him now because Chris is here and she doesn't want him to feel shanghaid. He says "Yeah that would be bad". Chris comes over and introduces himself. Lorelai blurts out that She and Luke are dating and rambles about big fun and that that wasn't supposed to sound sexual though...Luke butts in and says "Sorry about your dad" to Chris. Everythign is uncomfortable. Lorelai is grabbing Luke's arm and he says she's cutting of his circulation.

Emily and Richard are coming into the room so everone goes to sit down. Rory is pouting about Logan and the coffee. Richard is making his speech about the first dance. Luke is looking slightly mad. Lorelai is sitting next to/behind him like we saw in that one promo. Story about the Bill song. And now they're dancing, awwww. Lor puts her hands on Luke's shoulders and is looking at him worried. Chris is watching them and driiiiiinking. The bandleader makes the "if you're in love announcement" and people get up. Lorelai asks Luke if he wants to dance. He says no thanks and she says please and she'll dance as spazzy as him. He says he doesn't dance spazzy. She says please again and he gives in and they go dance.

Chris is watching and gets up in a little bit of a huff. Rory sees and follows him to the salon where a group of ladies are having their painting lessons. Chris tells her the story of their first kiss. Rory is getting ideas. He leaves to get another drink.

Luke and Lorelau are still dancing. He twirls her and they crash a little. Luke asks if they can stop now, but Lorelai tells him Marilyn is standing behind him waiting to cut in if they do. Luke calls her on it and says she's just trying to keep him dancing (marilyn isn't there). Awww, now it's a slow dance. Moon river?

Rory goes and talks to Logan and asks where his date is. She says they looked pretty together. HE says she's just a family friend. Rory asks him to dance.

Luke and Lorelai run off the floor to get away from TOotsie (the one who's going around hugging everybody).

Rory and Logan are dancing. Talking about why he came and she asks if he's ever going to ask her out. He calls her ROry. Says she's special and he's not boyfriend material. She says she's not looking for that. Trying to convince him that she's not expecting anything. No strings attached. She grabs his hand and a bottle of champagne. THey go into the room and drink. He asks if she's sure she wants to do this. Uses the line Chris told her about and kisses Logan. He says he feels like he's kissing a guy, lol. "And apparantly I had no idea what I was missing". Kisss

Back at the party everyone is banging their glasses for a speech. Lorelai brings some drinks to the table where Luke is sitting. He's been Totsied, lol. Chris comes over and starts sharing Lorelai stories. Lorelai asks Luke if he wants to dance. Chris butts in and mentions them having lunch at the Inn from ep whatever it was. Marilyn comes over and says Lorelai needs to go for the pictures of the bridal party. Lor says she'll go find Rory. Marilyn saw her go off with the blonde boy.

Lor goes to get her and Luke goes with her. Says he thinks they need to talk. SHe says she knows, but she has to do this first. Lorelai walks in on Logan and ROry kissing. None of the almost copping that we saw in the promo, lol. Rory's "of this?!" line and then Lorelai is a little fed up and can't believe Rory was doing this at the wedding thing. Chris followed them and hears Rory's name so he comes in the room. He starts yelling at Logan to get away from "my daughter". Says he's gong to kick his ass. Lorelai drags him out of the room to the hallway where Luke is. Luke finds out there's a guy in there with Rory and goes running in too. Screams for Logan to get his hands of her. Wants to see hands in the air, lol. Lorelai pushes him out of the room too and tells Rory and Logan to use the back way out. Lorelai introduces herself to Logan. We can hear Chris and Luke fighting over who gets to kill Logan.

The fight! Chris is saying Rory is his daughter. Luke asks where he was when she had chicken pox, the mattress, all that stuff people have told us already. The whole "She's with me" "For now" part... Emily knows that they belong together... Chris blew it and he says it's not too late...Lorelai butts in and tells Luke she doesn't know what he's talking about. Luke says he needs to go and walks away. Lorelai goes to follow him and Chris tries to stop her. She tells him to get out of her way. Lorelai goes to get her stuff and is looking for Luke. Chris is following her and she yells at him to get some coffee. Lauren Graham rocks. Chris is trying to apologize and says he didn't want it to happen like this. She's getting upset. Marilyn walks up and grabs Lorelai and starts leading her to the pictures.

Rory, Richard, Emily and Lorelai are standing in front of the cake for the picture. Lorelai is fuming with her arms crossed and the camera zooms in on her and Emily. She angrily whispers, "You and me, we're done." and then the flash goes off as Emily looks over her shoulder at Lorelai.

The END!!

Fraz's Summary and Answers for 5.13 Wedding Bell Blues

Questions:

1) Has Lorelai already informed Luke about seeing Chris on 5.11? Or does Luke find out on the 100th episode? This is still unclear to me.

Lorelai sees Christopher enter the reception and she blurts it out real quick. Chris dad died a few weeks ago she went to his place with tequila and she is telling Luke now because she doesnt want Chris to blurt it out during the night and nothing happened she says. She does not tell Luke that she spent all night.

2) What happens with Rory and Logan? What happens when Lorelai finds them?

Lorelai opens the door and they were getting ready to take off shirts and do it. But before Lorelai can say much other than NOW at your grandparents wedding Chris comes in all fatherly and Lorelia pushes him out of the room than Luke goes in and tells Logan put his hands in the air no touching the girl and Lorelai kicks him out of the room. Tells them to go out the back her grandparents want a picture with her and she says you must be Logan and he says nice to meet you and rushes out the door.

3) Does Rory ask Logan or Logan ask Rory to dance? Who initiates the kiss?

9) Are there any Rory/Chris scenes - and what are they like towards each other?

Rory and Chris talk about how at 14 Lorelia kisses him first. She asked if boys like that? Chris says what boy doesnt want a Gilmore Girl to kiss them.

12) What is Logan's reaction when Rory says "are you ever going to ask me out?"

She goes out and walks up to Logan and asks him to dance. She asks was he ever going to ask her out and he says a couple times but Rory is SPECIAL and she asks Special as in paste eating special

Then he tells her she is girlfriend material but he is not boyfriend material he sucks at dating and keeping a girl and monogamy, etc. They depart to said room at Rory's suggestion and grabbing a bottle of champagne. In the room she kisses him first. He said its like kissing a guy with her being in a suit and she kisses him a second time. He then kisses her passionately the third time.

4) What is the chemistry like between Emily and Lorelai at the bachelorette party and up to the actual wedding? Do they seem to be on good terms, is Lorelai happy for Emily etc?

Rory and Lorelai feel bad Emily told Richard the girls were having a party since he was having the boys over for a bachelor party. Emily is drunk lovin Gypsy, Sookie, Miss Patty and Babbette. Just to see Emily interact with those women its hysterical and they are getting along great at the party.

The day of the wedding the chemistry is the best that has been. A lot of mother and daughter love the pre-getting ready for the wedding.

5) Is Rory in the ending scene picture, or did Lorelai make her completely leave?

There is no bad conflict between Rory and Lorelai at all in the show.

6) When Lorelai snaps at Christopher is it a "I never want to be with you" type thing, or could there still be a possibility for something else to happen between those two?

There is no words uttered at all in the show that I saw. Other than Lorelai snapping at Chris to get some coffee because he is completely loaded the entire episode. Its his behavior is just beyond drunk and I would not forgive him for saying the things he says or acting that way at all.

7) How do things end with Luke and Lorelai?

Luke goes to leave after he hears Chris say that Emily told him that there is still hope for him and Lorelai and Luke darts at that point. Chris grabs Lor arm she tells him to back off and she goes to chase Luke. But her cousin stops her and tells her the parents want a picture. The show ends on the picture being taken.

8) How does the Luke and Chris' fight finish?

Luke leaves but Luke gets alot of great shots in saying where was Chris when Rory had chicken pox and could only eat mashed potatoes for a week, where was Chris when Rory graduated Chilton. Who took Rory matress in the dorm and out of the dorm and in the dorm for college.

Chris comeback. It doesnt matter because she is mine and Lor daughter.

10) How did you like the episode?!

I found it entertaining with all the wit and interaction it was classic GG.

11) Does Luke and Lorelai Break up at the end of the eppy...?

You dont know if they break up at all. Luke leaves but he doesnt say we are thru or anything. So it could just be a cooling off and get some perspective till we talk later.

18) How does Luke react to Lorelai blurting out about seeing Chris?

She ambushed him with it and said it all so fast. He sat at the table for a long time and didnt say much but then she sweet talked him into dancing and all seemed a bit on the mend till the Chris confrontation.

19) What's the name of the song played when Luke and Loralei dance?

Its background music a fast one then a slow one. He says at least with the slow song she doesnt dance so spazy

13) We know Rory and Logan get some action in WBB, any action with L&L?

No action with L/L other than they are a couple.

14) Are there any other characters in this episode that the TWOP summary has neglected to tell us about? Lane? Paris? Kirk? Etc?

I have not read the TWOP summary so I have no clue. Lane is at the gals party the night before the wedding and Miss Patty, Babbett, Sookie and the others I named. No Paris its all star hallow centered or the wedding. No other townies but the women that Lor calls at the past minute for the party.

15) Is the TWOP summary being very misleading/overly exaggerated about the actions of any character?

I have not read the TWOP summary someone would have to link me to answer that question.

16) Is there any significant differences in this episode compared to all the other past ones? You know, considering that this is the 100th episode and all...

No its GG at its best IMO.

17) From what you described about Rory - Does she come off as a bit desparate in trying get started with Logan?

The I'm Miss Casual is not the sort of approach we have seen from Rory before.

Does Logan at all perceive that this may be out-of-character for Rory or is he going with the flow and taking advantage of Rory's attempt to be casual?

I took this as Rory taking the bull by the horns approach. She like Logan she says you have been flirty with me and alot of other cute comments. He is sincere and he says about how he thought of asking her out and lists all his faults. he will fail he is not boyfriend material, he is not good at relationships and she may think she wants this casual thing but he knows she is girlfriend material..., special and the big thing he calls her Rory instead of Ace.

She tells him she has so done...so done the relationship game and she is ready to go with the flow and grabs the bottle off the bar and asks if he is coming and leads him to the room where the kissing happens and the start of sex.

She does not seem to come off desperate but a confident conquest in what she wants and it is Logan.

20) When Lorelai sweet talks Luke into dancing is there any talk of what the bandleader says about people who are in love now joining the couple and dance?

Yes people get up and dance when the bandleader says that. But at that point Luke is not talking and Lor is convincing him that he really wants to dance. He then finally gets a little smirk on his lips. Like its useless to fight her she is going to win and I should get over it already.

Fraz's General Observations

1) The one thing that I saw in this episode between Rory and Lorelai is this whole conversation they have and you see where Lor draws the line about Rich and privledge kids that do nothing with their lives, etc.

I cant remember the exact convo but Rory defends them saying not all of them are like that. I see this setting up the Logan conflict between mother and daughter. As we said before Lor is not going to like him he is everything more or less she maps out in her convo with Rory about rich kids.

Its going to really put you all in perspective on where Lor is going to think about this relationship. Chris behavior in this episode and the similarity now with Logan the line in the sand with Lor will be drawn I can tell.

2) The ending is that Lorelai is so pissed when she realizes that Chris and Emily have been talking about her etc. That Emily planted the seed with Chris that they are meant to be together. That during the ending shot and picture Lor leans into Emily and says YOU AND ME, WERE DONE! It is so powerful Emily looses her smile and Emily realizes its over with her daughter.

3) On big L/L thing and it is a moment between Emily and Lor in the bridesroom while getting ready. Emily says about how lonely she was without Richard these last months and how she thought she would never have someone to want to mary and be with etc...etc...and Emily ends by saying dont you want that Lor someone to get married to someday? dont you want a wedding a marriage? and Lor answers with a sweet smile Yes.

It takes Emily back because she realizes Lor feels about Luke and it unnerves her a bit.

The scene I saw Emily getting ready for the wedding in the 100th episode and she is rambling about how she never thought she would find a man again, one to spend your life with, wake up with, yatta yatta and she says to Lor dont you want that marriage? and Lor says Yes.

The look on Emily face is OH you mean you want to Marry Luke face. But this is way after Emily had gone to Christopher so I dont know what sparked Emily to go to Chris in the previous episode.

From Jet1945 - Info taken from Sides in the Shooting Script 12/5/04

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 5.14 - Say Something
Air date: 15 Feb 2005

Tuesday, Feb 15 - (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"Say Something" TV-PG (HDTV)
LORELAI BEGS LUKE TO FORGIVE HER –— Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is frantic after the disastrous scene at wedding, and begs Luke (Scott Patterson) not to give up on their relationship. However, Luke’s decision that he needs time alone leaves Lorelai devastated. Stranded at Yale without her car, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is so worried about Lorelai’s depressed state that she borrows Logan’s (Matt Czuchry) limo and driver and heads home to Stars Hollow to care for her mom. Meanwhile, Taylor (Michael Winters) has the whole town talking sides on the Lorelai/Luke relationship. Melissa McCarthy, Yanic Truesdale, Keiko Agena, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written and directed by Daniel Palladino

From Titantv:

Following her parents' vow-renewal ceremony, Lorelai tries to make amends with Luke---but first she has to find him. Elsewhere, Rory puts on a poker face to deal with watching Logan's card game. Logan: Matt Czuchry. Babette: Sally Struthers. Gypsy: Rose Abdoo. Morey: Ted Rooney. Colin: Alan Loayza. (2005)

Starring: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, Edward Herrmann, Melissa McCarthy

From Jet - Info taken from Sides in the Shooting Script 12/21/04

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 5.15 - Jews & Chinese Food
Air date: 22 Feb 2005

"GILMORE GIRLS" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
"Jews and Chinese Food"
OUR LIVES ARE LIKE A “FIDDLER ON THE ROOF” –— When Lorelai (Lauren Graham) discovers that Luke’s (Scott Patterson) boat is no longer in her garage, the void she feels without Luke seems even more painful. Luke agrees to build sets for the elementary school’s production of “Fiddler on the Roof,” knowing that Lorelai is the costume designer and hoping that their paths will cross. Meanwhile, Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Marty (Wayne Wilcox) makes plans to spend a day together, but Logan (Matt Czuchry) drops by Rory’s dorm room and convinces them to come out to dinner. After a terrible evening with Logan’s clique, Marty tells Rory how much he likes her, but she admits she has a crush on Logan. Melissa McCarthy, Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Matthew Diamond

From Jet - Info taken from Sides in the Shooting Script 1/13/05

Episode 5.16 - Unnamed
Air date: 1 Mar 2005

From Jet - Info taken from Sides in the Shooting Script 1/25/05

Character Spoilers

Logan is Rory's new love interest.

Christopher will be in 7 episodes this season. Chris will appear in episode 6.

Dean will not be leaving the show. He's staying all season.

Alex Borstein is returning for season 5. We don't know if she's playing Drella again.

From Fraz:
Okay a friend of mine has the same reps as the guy that plays Chris and he has already been asked how many episodes can he be available for season 6....ugh

General Spoilers/Articles

On Tuesday night, GILMORE GIRLS throws an elegant bash for its milestone 100th episode on February 8, as Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) renew their vows, but things quickly turn ugly when Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Logan (Matt Czuchry) are discovered together half-dressed, and a furious Lorelai (Lauren Graham) realizes that Emily invited Christopher (David Sutcliffe) in an attempt to break up her relationship with Luke (Scott Patterson). On February 15, Lorelai is devastated when Luke decides that they need a break, while Rory pursues a relationship with Logan. On February 22, Luke and Lorelai are thrown together briefly when they volunteer to work on the Stars Hollow elementary school production of "Fiddler On the Roof."

TVGuide
Dec. 29. '04

Where we left off
Lorelai and Luke were in love, while Rory and Dean were definitely not. And Norman Mailer made a guest appearance.

Coming soon
Expect the relationship between Rory and the free-and-easy Logan to begin blossoming. But like any Gilmore relationship, it will have loads of angst. Also this season, Luke's family survival skills will be put to the Gilmore test.

And they come back on Jan. 25th.

Northwest Herald

Two left feet

"Gilmore Girls" hunk Scott Patterson says learning how to ballroom dance for the Feb. 8 100th episode of the WB dramedy was painful – but mostly for those watching him.

"John Travolta I'm not," said Patterson. "I may get arrested by the Arthur Murray patrol and shipped off to a studio for emergency lessons. There were elbows and ankles flying all over the place. All the ballroom dancers were horrified. They were like 'Will you get that guy some medication and have him lie down! I can't be on the floor with something that spastic.' It was pretty grim."

The "Gilmore Girls" troupe only have nine more episodes to shoot for the season, and Patterson is mulling scripts for his hiatus. The only thing he knows for sure he'll be doing is continuing his work on behalf of Johns Hopkins Hospital.

"My brother-in-law is the head of pediatrics at Johns Hopkins, and my sister and he have been going around the country trying to raise $65 million to build a new children's hospital. They need $35 million more, so I'm planning to go to Baltimore during our hiatus for a big to-do with them."

'Gilmore Girls' Wedding Marks a Milestone
(Saturday, February 05 12:04 AM)

By Kate O'Hare
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) These days, if a show lasts into its fifth season, it's a TV miracle of considerable proportion.

Few know that better than Amy Sherman-Palladino, creator of The WB Network's "Gilmore Girls," which airs its 100th episode Tuesday, Feb. 8.

At first, she was just in it for the shoes.

"I didn't think we'd shoot the pilot," Sherman-Palladino says. "Then when we went up to Canada to shoot the pilot, I said, 'At least I got a free trip to Canada.' I'd never seen Toronto. I went shopping on Queen Street. I bought nine pairs of shoes in two weekends. How about that?

"So I figured, 'Hey, take some pictures, get some shoes.' Then they put us on, but they put us on opposite 'Friends,' so I figured, 'One season, you have a show on ... second season, OK, they'll cancel us midseason.' Now I'm, 'Well, maybe we'll get to the 100th episode. Who knows?' "

Having proved that negative thinking is no impediment to success, Sherman-Palladino then had to pick the story line for this milestone episode.

Sherman-Palladino went for a wedding. She is the writer and director of "Wedding Bell Blues," in which Richard and Emily Gilmore (Edward Herrmann, Kelly Bishop) -- parents of innkeeper Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and grandparents of college student Rory (Alexis Bledel) -- decide to renew their vows in a lavish ceremony.

Lorelai and Rory throw Emily an impromptu bachelorette party, which goes about as well as fans might expect. Then at the big ceremony, Rory's father, Christopher (David Sutcliffe), arrives.

The process begins with applause and cheering as the cast gathers over a tasty buffet of Chinese food for a read-through of the script. The actors deliver lines in their signature snappy fashion -- including Herrmann on the speakerphone -- and the reading is pretty entertaining even without props, costumes or sets.

A few days later, a fuzzy pink hat on her head, Sherman-Palladino sits in the director's chair at the Wilshire Ebell Theater in Los Angeles, where the wedding scenes are being filmed.

"We shoot here a lot," she says. "First, it's down the street from where I live. I walk to work. I love that."

On this day, there are loads of well-dressed extras; lovely tulle and ribbons draped everywhere around the elegant, dark-paneled interior; and huge bouquets of real roses.

Although she was an enthusiastic pessimist about her show's chances, that doesn't mean Sherman-Palladino didn't think she had five seasons of stories in her "mom and daughter who are best friends" concept for "Gilmore Girls."

"I've never pitched a show in my life that I couldn't see year five," she says. "When you do a good family show ... until people actually die off and are put in the ground, they're driving each other crazy. Even after they're dead, they've got all the baggage and the damage of the dead person. It goes on for generations."

Right now, Sherman-Palladino's main issue is a close-up that's just a little too close. "Way too tight," she calls out to the cameraman. "Serious intimacy issues here."

Spoilers may change at any time without any notice. Spoilers are posted here as they are given, we will not alter, change or reword any of my spoiler sources. So, if there is a spelling error, so be it! Any 'spoiler' not verified by one of my sources will be considered a rumor until there is verification that it is true. Do not post whole or excerpts of scripts.. summarize them. Please do not ask where we get the spoilers or how our sources know these spoilers.
Credits: Jet, Kitty, Genevieve and ABNormal of Fan Forum, Fraz of Fanbolt, Heidi of Gilmoregirls.org, Zap2it.com, Eonline.com, Showfax.com, Aint-it-cool-news.com, Spoilerfix.com, and Filmjerk.com.
Have a spoiler, rumor, questions or comments.. post it! Please tell us where the said spoiler/rumor has come from (e.t. from the WB tour, online, another board). If you wish to be named, or feel like you haven't been properly credited, PM me as soon as possible.

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 02-06-2005 at 06:57 PM
Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler Pics, Promos and Episode Clips.

PICS (Click on thumbnails to see larger versions)

5.13 Wedding Bell Blues

Courtesy of the WB, Fraz, and Jim. (Click for larger version)

HQ versions can be found at Nerble site

Other episode promo pics, cast photos and posters from Season 5 can be found HERE. Thanks to Fraz, Nerble and the WB for the pics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PROMOS

Gilmore Girls Promo for - 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The !00th Episode

The links below are for the promo that aired on 1 Feb.

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The 100th Episode - Time 0:20

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The 100th Episode Promo - 3.3 mB - mpg Format

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The 100th Episode Promo - 4.2 mB - DivX AVI Format

Technical Note: The DivX Format clip has significant improvement in quality at 720 x 480 in size. Anyone wishing to know how to add a DivX codec and DivX Player, go to www.divx.com. The software is free and far superior to wmv or mpg files. Applies to Windows and Mac machines.

Gilmore Girls Composite Promos - 5.12 - Come Home and 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues

The links below are for the promo that aired at the conclusion of 5.11 - Women Of Questionable Morals.

Promo Title: Beware the Emilies in the Grass

The Promo runs for 20 seconds

Computer Geek Stuff:

5.12 & 5.13 Composite Promo - 3.4 mB - mpg Format

5.12 & 5.13 Composite Promo - 5.7 mB - DivX AVI Format

Technical Note: The DivX Format clip has significant improvement in quality at 720 x 480 in size. Anyone wishing to know how to add a DivX codec and DivX Player to their computer, go to www.divx.com. The software is free and far superior to wmv or mpg files. Applies to Windows and Mac machines.

Caps by Audi are Here and Here

EPISODE CLIPS

From Jet1945:

5.12 - Come Home - Video Clips

The links below are for a total of 9 clips of the episode.

All the files this time are wmv format. There were too many, and they were too large to do it any other way. If anyone feels that they need and .mpg or DivX .avi version. Let me know and I'll see what we can do.

They are:

Lorelai - Luke - Going To Bed Early - 9.6 mB - Time 2:26

Rory - Paris - Doyle - Doyle vs Huntzberger - 8.0 mB - Time 2:03

Lorelai - Michel - Grading Sexual Harassment - 8.1 mB - Time 2:03

Rory - Logan - Passing The Notes - 9.6 mB - Time 2:31

Lorelai - Luke - Fixing The Oven - 5.7 mB - Time 1:27

Rory - Lorelai - Get Me Out of Dinner - 2.8 mB - Time 0:42

Rory - Logan - Missing The Party - 4.3 mB - Time 1:06

Richard - Emily -Simon - Collage - Richard the Tank Driver & Come Home - 11.2 mB - Time 2:53

Lorelai - Rory - Emily - Richard - Marty? & The Reconciliation - 11.8 mB - Time 3:02

Lorelai - Emily - Miss Celine - Emily, Do You Need Breasts? - 8.9 mB - Time 2:16

Lorelai - Luke - It Wasn't Manicotti - 7.8 mB - Time 2:02

Emily - Chris - The Wicked Witch of Hartford - 8.0 mB - Time 2:01

I can make 2 - 3 at the most, more clips. If you have a favorite scene that is not here, let me know and I can make it up in the next day or so.

The clips below are available now, but are subject to being rotated for bandwidth reasons.

Computer Geek Stuff:

Lorelai - Luke - Going To Bed Early - 9.6 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Paris - Doyle - Doyle vs Huntzberger - 8.0 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Michel - Grading Sexual Harassment - 8.1 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Logan - Passing The Notes - 9.6 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Luke - Fixing The Oven - 5.7 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Lorelai - Get Me Out of Dinner - 2.8 mB - wmv Format

Rory - Logan - Missing The Party - 4.3 mB - wmv Format

Richard - Emily -Simon - Collage - Richard the Tank Driver & Come Home - 11.2 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Rory - Emily - Richard - Marty? & The Reconciliation - 11.8 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Emily - Miss Celine - Emily, Do You Need Breasts? - 8.9 mB - wmv Format

Lorelai - Luke - It Wasn't Manicotti - 7.8 mB - wmv Format

Emily - Chris - The Wicked Witch of Hartford - 8.0 mB - wmv Format

Jojo's Place for Clips

OTHER CLIPS

WB Audio Promo - Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues

The link below is for an mp3 audio file for the transcript shown.

Promo Title: Married - Sloshed and Busted

The audio file runs for 35 seconds.

I have included a new Alexis Bledel generic Audio Promo - 6 secs:

Alexis: Hey, It's Alexis Bledel. Keep in touch with a fresh episode of the Gilmore Girls this Tuesday on the WB.

I have also included the Gilmore Girls Theme. It runs for 3 min 30 secs.

All audio files are courtesy Fraz and The WB

Computer Geek Stuff:

Gilmore Girls Theme - mp3 Format - 3.9 mB

Alexis Bledel Audio Promo - mp3 Format - 95 kB

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - mp3 Format - 560 kB

WB Radio For Tuesday February 8

ANNCR: ON THE WB TUESDAY (TONIGHT ON THE WB) - A GILMORE GIRLS TELEVISION EVENT NINETY-NINE EPISODES IN THE MAKING! GILMORE GIRLS - THE ONE HUNDREDTH EPISODE!

ANNCR: A GILMORE WEDDING CELEBRATION
Richard: I’ll be the handsome one holding the ring!

ANNCR: FIRST LORELAI’S TOWNIE BOYFRIEND...
Luke: I’m with Lorelai!
Lorelai: Luke please -

ANNCR: ...FINALLY MEETS HER INTOXICATED EX!
Chris: Lorelai and I belong together
Lorelai: Chris, don’t -
Chris: Everyone knows it!
Emily: Oh my god!

ANNCR: THEN RORY GETS BUSTED IN THE COATROOM!
EFX kissing etc
Logan: Sure you wanna do this?
Rory: No strings attached
EFX door open
Lorelai: Grandma wants a picture
Rory: Of this?!?

ANNCR: GILMORE GIRLS - THE ONE HUNDREDTH EPISODE!

Gilmore Girls on TV Guide 30 Jan 05

The links below are for the clip that aired as part of TVGuide Catch Up on 30 Jan.

The clip runs for 1:44.

The TVGuide MC(ess) doesn't know how to pronounce Lorelai's name correctly. There are a couple of new clips of Lauren and Kelly, but no new significant information.

Computer Geek Stuff:

Gilmore Girls on TV Guide - 6.8 mB - wmv Format

Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel on E!Online 24 Jan 05

The links below are for the clip that aired as part of E!News on 24 Jan.

The clip runs for 13 seconds.

So Kristin (150th episode!?!) just showed a tiny interview clip on E with Lauren and Alexis at the WB thinger. Alexis has been hanging around some sailors.

Alexis: "Mom's like "Oh sh**, I don't know what to doooo? I don't know what guy to be with!"

Lauren: "I don't know who to be with. And Rory's all, I like this blonde guy!"

Alexis: "That's all."

Computer Geek Stuff:

Lauren & Alexis E!Online News - 2.2 mB - mpg Format

Lauren & Alexis E!Online News - 2.7 mB - DivX AVI Format

From Canopus

The zip file of that TV Guide video talking about the 100th episode.

Caps of the TV Guide thingy.

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 02-06-2005 at 07:06 PM
Old 02-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Clips from the 100th episode. Recorded by me with my video camera so they aren't the best quality. Hee. Thanks to Jo and others for re-uploading.

1 Luke and Emily and the boat link 2 Link 3

- Drunk Emily and the dirty pasta

2 Luke comes to pick up the girls

3 Don't you think you'll ever want to be married?

4 Lorelai walks down the aisle

5 Glances during the ceremony

6 Lorelai explains about Chris

7 Wanna Dance

8 Luke and Lorelai dancing Link 2

- Rory/Logan - do you wanna dance?

9 Run from Totsie

- Rory/Logan Dance

12 Rory and Logan head to the coatroom

10 Luke got Totsie'd. Chris comes to chat Link 2

11 Going to find Rory (We need to talk)

13 Busted!

14 End of the Chris/Luke fight

15 The last line Link 3

Everything was uploaded once more last night. Just 'cause we're that awesome. There are 200 downloads on the youshareit.com ones. If these run out some clips will have been downloaded well over 400 times. That's mind boggling. But most of the clips are on yousendit.com again because the other site is evil. And they'll die out after 25 downloads. So if other people want them, you guys have to upload and share amongst yourselves. There have been plenty of downloads.

I'll try to take out the links as they die.

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 02-06-2005 at 06:23 PM
Old 02-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Gen, you're the best

Old 02-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

Thanks Gen!!

Okay I'm not watching all of the clips but I did watch the R/L dance. They are so cute together and they really talked. I like the way Logan came across as trying to protect her from himself. It wasn't a goofy GG talk with witty jokes....it was Rory being serious and putting herself out there.

I think they are perfect for now. Of course Logan can't be a favorite of any of the adults right now. But that's okay...might make for some great scenes later.

Now at some point if we could just get a talk like that with L&L. Luke's 'all in' one was great but now they have some major issues to talk about. I'm looking forward to a serious L&L confrontation.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:19 PM
New Fan

I've got a question: -Genevieve-, where do you have the episode from?

Thanks for answering...
Old 02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Even if I know you haven't chosen the title for me, and even if I know this is very childish, you're making me feel important today...with the discussions and everything.

Thank you for the new thread Gen!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Finally, its about time more people started getting into R/L I for one think they are perfect for one another. The balance each other very well.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

You rock Gen That Emily clip was hilarious. I love seeing her drunk. Thanks so much!

Avi by Valerie
Old 02-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Total Fan

I've been there since the "Master and Commander" comment. Rory needed a Jess but now she needs a Logan!!!!

Now I really care about both of the girls again.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Just wanted to drop by my thanks for Genevieve for all the clips. I've watched a few of them, but I'm resisting watching all of them so I don't see too much before the ep airs.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

jump on the bandwagon...it's fun but of course, you were already there Cheryl (exactly when was the last time we really disagreed on something? )

Gen! You truly are a fairy right out of a big book of fairytales. And being a fairy is good, cuz real fairies are mischieveous too!

few comments on the few scenes i watched:

I loved the R/L scenes. exactly how I'd wanted them to be, Logan not being an ass, but honest, even protective.

Lorelai is soo pissed at Chris, which is exactly what we wanted from her. YMMV

I loved that the clips were half in black and white, because especially the logan rory dance scene, man that looked like a scene form an old movie, rory totally audrey hepburning it.

tehee

I'm giddy
{Sophie }<3{Smitty #666 }<3{Java Junkie }<3{Cerulean #19}

{ILY #17}{LL #12}{Keeper of Lorelai's arms during the ESK}

addict

Last edited by froukje; 02-05-2005 at 12:50 PM
Old 02-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you -Genevieve- !!
A thousand times!
Old 02-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by froukje

I loved the R/L scenes. exactly how I'd wanted them to be, Logan not being an ass, but honest, even protective.

Lorelai is soo pissed at Chris, which is exactly what we wanted from her. YMMV

I loved that the clips were half in black and white, because especially the logan rory dance scene, man that looked like a scene form an old movie, rory totally audrey hepburning it.

tehee

I'm giddy
I love those two together, and hope they are together for the long haul. They've got that screw ball comedy thing working together and its the best pairing we have seen with Rory in a long time (if ever). It would be very hard for the writers to come up with a love interest better than Logan.

Count me in as one of the people who likes the fact that Gilmore girls keeps it at family friendly. They make suggestions but they leave the rest to the imagination. its nice because there aren't a lot of television shows like that.

And the great thing is that they really are making Logan more and more likeable to the audience. We can all see why Lorelai might be upset, but then we can see why Rory likes him, because he is so honest with her ,and he's not playing her at all.. With Jess, I could see the attraction but he really was a jerk to those around him, but with Logan isn't different. They got the "bad boy" right this time.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I loved Rory&Logan from the moment I saw their "debate" scene in 5.03. I must have watched that scene a hundred times that week it first aired. lol... I was a bit obsessed with it.

I think that one of the reasons their relationship is great to watch is due to the natural chemistry between Alexis and Matt. Which is a nice change from Alexis and Jared (who had IMMENSE chemistry in Season 1-2, before it really waned).

I've still managed to *not* download any of the clips. (Actually, I tried but when I realized it would take a reallly long time to download, I stopped. LOL... So, I'm really not as self-controlled as I'd like to believe!)

I also wanted to comment on something from the last thread regarding L/L having no interests in common. To me, the most important thing they have in common is Stars Hollow. They live in the same place, they both are committed to their jobs, they are both committed to the people they love. They may not share material interests like the same taste in movies or music, but they share values and beliefs on life. And, ultimately, those are more important to have in common. The other stuff is just peripheral. And, we know that they are able to give and take in order to adjust to each others lives (Luke taking the list of cds to listen to; Lorelai going to bed early).

Also, I totally agree with whoever said that watching Lorelai pregnant would be hilarious! The caffeine withdrawals alone would be funny. And, I think the show would come full circle in a way.

Hannah

LUKE: You're an amazing woman.
LORELAI: Thank you for noticing.

Fanfiction Entries
Closed Thread   Post New Thread