Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls S&S #121 ~ Stop Fighting? Bah! Humbug!

Hi everyone. I’d like to remind you all that this is the main Gilmore Girls spoiler thread, and as such, posters from various shipper groups are free to post here, so if you see someone saying something that you don’t like about “your” favorite character or couple, don’t start fighting with them on this thread, and don’t go into a Gilmore Girls shipper thread if you don’t like the couple that the shipper thread is for. People are free to criticize upcoming events on Gilmore Girls as they read the upcoming spoilers, but don’t use this thread as a free-for-all to bash any characters or couples that you don’t like, or their fans, or you’ll find that you’ll be deprived of the privilege of reading and speculating about Gilmore Girls spoilers again here. Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation.
Written by Jerry D, along w/ NikNak (Nikki) and Evil Poptart (Holly)

PREVIOUS THREAD

Reminder: Spoilers are not allowed on the tv show forums, only on the spoiler board. Please read the official FanForum rules on spoilers, as well as the Gilmore Girls board spoiler policy thread. Icons made from spoiler photos should not be used before episodes air or be posted on non-spoiler threads. There is a Spoiler Fanart Thread where spoiler creations can be posted.

Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed. Newest spoilers are posted with a

Gilmore Girls Episode Spoilers

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hiatus

December 19 - 7.03, Lorelai's First Cotillion

December 26 - 7.04, ‘S Wonderful, ‘S Marvelous

January 2 - 7.05, The Great Stink

January 9 - 7.06, Go Bulldogs

January 16 – 7.07, French Twist

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 7.11 - Santa's Secret Stuff
Airdate: January 23rd
(projected)

Writer:
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

TheCW: Rory (Alexis Bledel) returns from London after the holidays. Lorela (Lauren Graham) is disappointed that Rory celebrated Christmas in London with Logan, but decides to have a "Christmas after Christmas" celebration as a new family complete with trees, decorations and shopping. Luke (Scott Patterson) asks Lorelai to write a character recommendation letter for his custody battle with Anna over April
  • From ebay: Call sheet and sides for 2 scenes. Luke's Diner and Lane's Apartment. Lane is very pregnant and is irritable, particularly at the customers.

Episode 7.12 - To Whom It May Concern
Airdate: January 30th
(projected)

Writer:
Director: Jamie Babbitt

Episode 7.13 -
Airdate: February 6th
(projected)

Writer:
Director:

• Sides for 7.13 include: Nurse, Middle-Aged Woman, Paula, Dr. Leibowitz (We don't have the sides, just the names of the characters.)

Episode 7.14 -
Airdate:

Writer:
Director: Jamie Babbit

General Spoilers/Articles
The Gilmore Girls Collected Wisdom From Fan Forum's Finest
  • Ausiello’s DR interview: Marty will stir up trouble in Rory’s life, Richard’s “health issues...can bring mothers and daughters close together and it can bring grandparents and grandchildren close together,” L/L: “it’s over for now”.
  • TV Guide: This season Luke and Lorelai go on on 'separate journeys', Rory's attempt to make a go of a long-distance relationship with Logan gets complicated by the return of platonic pal Marty, Emily and Richard take on new endeavors, and there will be multiple babies and a marriage. (Scan)
  • Terry Morrow of KnoxNews reports that Matt Czuchry will appear for 15 episodes this season.
  • From GGMinn: Rory will have no new love interest. New friends, yes, but not love interest.
  • Matt Czuchry interview: A deeper friendship could develop [with] Rory ... that would survive even if the relationship becomes too difficult.

Highlights from the TCA, July 2006 - Archive
  • Watch with Kristin interviews:
    - MC says he’d like Rory to end the show single
    - DR says C and L “are eternally tied through Rory”
  • FROM NJ.COM BLOG:INTERVIEW WITH DR
    - Lorelai "made a decision about where she wanted her life to go, and we're going to explore that. Not to say that Luke isn't in her life and a part of her world."
    - "Lane and Zach got married, married life is going to bring a lot of challenges and surprises for them.
  • From the DR interview: LL won't be similar to Rory rift. "I’m not saying it’s always going to be pleasant or pretty, I mean, they’re two adults and they’re going to have to deal with what’s happening.” (Maureen Ryan, Chicago Tribune)
  • Ausiello's interview with DR:
    - Repercussions from the finale “affect not just Lorelai and Christopher and Luke, but Rory as well.”
    - R/L “are very much in love and will work hard to make [the long-distance relationship] work. ... There will be people in her life, male and female. Perhaps the return of characters from past seasons.”
    - L/L “have a very, very deep bond. ... But sometimes soul mates spend a lot of time not together. Just because someone's your soul mate and may be your ultimate destiny, does not mean that there's not a lot to go through before you reach that destiny.”
    - Luke "will have issues this year in terms of his deepening relationship with April and his relationship with Anna."
  • From Ausiello's live blog of the TCA Gilmore Girls Panel (or here):
    - Logan will stay in London
    - Christopher will be a bigger presence than ever before.
    - "It sounds like" LL will be broken up, at least during the first part of the season.
    - LG and KAB both "leave door open" to possible season 8.
  • LG and KAB "hedge on GG future"

From Ask Ausiello of tvguide.com

Archives

Episodes : Writers : Directors

Episode 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues - The 100th Episode - 8 Feb 2005

Episode 5.22 - A House Is Not A Home - The Season Finale - 17 May 2005

Episode 6.22 - Partings - Season 6 Finale - 9 May 2006

How to Start a Thread

Spoilers may change at any time without any notice. Spoilers are posted here as they are given, we will not alter, change or reword any of our spoiler sources. So, if there is a spelling error, so be it! Any 'spoiler' not verified by one of our sources will be considered a rumor until there is verification that it is true. Do not post whole or excerpts of scripts.. summarize them. Please do not ask where we get the spoilers or how our sources know these spoilers.
Credits: The posters of Fan Forum and TWOP, Fraz of Fanbolt, TVGuide.com, TheCW, Zap2it.com, Eonline.com, Showfax.com, Aint-it-cool-news.com, Spoilerfix.com, and Filmjerk.com.
Have a spoiler, rumor, questions or comments.. post it! Please tell us where the said spoiler/rumor has come from (e.t. from the WB tour, online, another board). If you wish to be named, or feel like you haven't been properly credited, PM the thread starter as soon as possible.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 12-19-2006 at 12:06 AM
Old 12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Photos and Posters
(Click for Larger Images)

Note: Photos from the WB tour are private pictures, so they shouldn't be reproduced without permission from the people who took them.

Episode 7.11 – Santa's Secret Stuff

Episode Stills
Courtesy of micfall and curlyhead

Episode 7.12 – To Whom It May Concern

Snow in Stars Hollow
Courtesy of WalkSoftly and copperboom

More snow photos

General Photos

Lorelai /Rory – Lorelai - Rory

Click for more pictures: Lorelai/Rory - Lorelai - Rory

Luke – Logan - Christopher

Click for more pictures: Luke - Logan - Christopher

Rory/Logan

Click for more pictures: Rory/Logan

Additional Promo Pictures

CW Ad Campaign

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 12-19-2006 at 12:03 AM
Old 12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Promos and Previews

Useful Links
  • Gilmore Girls Director's Cut - CW website
    Select the Directors cut for Gilmore Girls on the right - here

Episode Clips

Please do not ask about clips or downloading on the thread.
Clips are posted as soon as possible.
PM the thread-starter if any links don't work
Episode 7.10 – Merry Fisticuffs - Courtesy of Blaab
These are larger files with higher quality and longer download times.
Filefront links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Rapidshare links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Smaller files for those who have problems downloading the larger-sized ones:
Filefront links: Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D, Part E, Part F, Part G, Part H
Megaupload links: Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D, Part E, Part F, Part G, Part H
Episode 7.09 – Knit, People, Knit! - Courtesy of Blaab
These are larger files with higher quality and longer download times.
Filefront links; Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Megaupload links: Part 1, Part2, Part 3, Part 4
Turboupload links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Season 7 Episode Clips

Season 6 Episode Clips

Podcasts

TV Guide Podcasts
Transcripts - Courtesy of lorelaisgirl - December 15 , December 8,
Transcript Archive (transcripts of podcasts since spring 2006)
Extras
'Trapped in TV Guide': 'Gilmore Girls' - TV Guide website's prank video Courtesy of Mots15

Lauren Graham on Jimmy Kimmel clip - Courtesy of Canopus

TV Guide Inside the Gilmore Girls-video (suited for pre-season 7 showing, added to TV Guide site on november the 7th).

Matt radio interview – Courtesy of MoosieMc at TWOP and Sandlynn - Now archived on KMOX here (scroll down under on the right, under Sept 26)

Lauren Graham Interview on Ellen deGeneres, Sept 26 - Courtesy of fan1bsb97

LG on Craig Ferguson Sept 24 (scroll down to “Updates”) – Courtesy of Canopus

Ausiello interviews Lauren, David, Scott and Matt at the CW launch party.
Videos are on the right side of this page.
Transcripts: David, Lauren, Scott, Matt
Ausiello's blog
Clips - Courtesy of Canopus
CW Launch Party
CWTV.com "Kohl's Presents" Video from the party - Click video 2 for short interviews with LG, MC, DS, SP Transcript of SP interview
Launch Party - pictures courtesy of dragonflyinn
More photos - Lane, T.J.
ET Launch Special - Avi version Courtesy of Mots15
Spoiler Fan Art Thread

Last edited by caf123; 12-18-2006 at 07:30 AM
Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the thread Caf!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread caf.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 12-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks caf for the new thread.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks caf.
without alcohol.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyJr3000 (View Post)
That, and any baby related anvils for Rory. Because Logan and Rory are young, and they're going to travel the world together, explore. I don't want Rory to get pregnant. She doesn't need to literally settle with Logan yet. I don't want her to. They're young and the two lovebirds still need to travel the world. She can settle and have babies when they've seen the world enough. (And it's not uncommon for newliweds to spend a few years ALONE before they decide to expand the family. Once you start having kids, your romantic life takes a backseat.) I wouldn't wish it on her on her honeymoon either...I want Rory to be able to experience the world, travel, be Christiane Amanpour for a bit, before being weighted down with kids. Unfortunately, I doubt Lane can see her dreams of rock-stardom come true in the next 10 years. She's too busy raising twins.
Not counting Sarah, most of us that you'd identify as Sophies don't want Rory & Logan to have kids right away. I don't. My ideal is engaged by the end of the season, so I know they'll be together if the series ends, married in a year, 23 & 25 isn't too young, I don't think. Then 4 or 5 years for her to further establish herself in her career before having kids. Making her 27 or 28, him around 30. That's a good timetable, to me at least.

But, for me, the babies stuff is still nice. Because it means she's not freaked out by them anymore. She's maybe thinking about them fondly, as in having thought about having one, someday, with the guy she loves and has been with for quite a while. To me that's why I loved her reaction to Lane being pregnant, and knowing tin is what's the proper gift for a 10 year anniversery, because she's now thinking about these things, with Logan. Just like *the ones* thing, with regard to Logan. I didn't want them married immediately, but I love that she's thinking longterm in regard to them.

Because I DO want them to have cute little babies a few years down the road. One of whom (a girl in my mind who ended up being the one that became interested in the media industry and writing) eventually takes over HPG, the other(s) doing whatever the hell they want. That sounds like a good fic, but no, I'm not writing it!

Thanks for the new thread, caf. Amazing how you pop up like that.

Last edited by lemon tart; 12-17-2006 at 11:21 PM
Old 12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

Better to be hated than loved." "Who said that?" "Fernado Valezenula."

Thanks for the thread caf. CAF!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you are, my Reed Richards.

So, Mickey, you want Rory to end up going off to Scottsdale, Arizona aka THE GREY HAVENS and be missing a finger? Sorry, but Han and Leia work better as an analogy. Since nothing sums up uncertainty more than facing off against your dad's BOSS. WHO HAS A FULLY OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION!

The thing of it is; SHO-RUNNA made a point in an interview with Ausiello to state that Rory will question who Logan is to her. Is he a college guy? Or is he THE guy? LOVE has always sold more than FUTURES and BUSINESS! Except together in Secret of My Success...easily the fourth best Michael J. Fox film ever. The thing of it is; it's not mushy. Rory is a LORELAI. Lorelais and LOVE are like every JINXED sports franchise or Susan Lucci when it comes to love. They usually fall on their faces in this department, and Lorelai has a face plant awaiting her in the 7. While I have faith in VOLTRON. Rory is still a LORELAI. She's still rather capable of ****ing a great thing up.

To assume your spec would sell as a better storyline. Assumes that Secret of My Success was a really big movie. LOVE and SEX sell. VOLTRON has a ways to go before they can take the future on...together. Until they are ready to face it together. Well, I will take all the mushy stuff, because I am not ashamed to be a big ol'burly bearded guy...with a heart.

Last edited by TheJSW; 12-17-2006 at 11:19 PM
Old 12-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Caf

Nice post Lemon...I understand what you mean, and I agree. Okay, not as worried about the kids things now, even though they still bug me (because usually, when there are anvils, that means it'll come true in future episodes...that's why I didn't like the baby references...because if the writers are deliberately making babies a thing on Rory's brain, it means they may be wanting to give her babies on the show.

To Jason:
I wasn't focused on the acting of Elijah Wood. Lord of the Rings was a trilogy of novels before it got on screen. That said I wasn't equating Rory piece by piece with Frodo. The point I wanted to make was that, just as he worked hard to get to where he was, so should and so will Rory. No, I haven't seen Working Girl.

I'm wondering what you're looking for in a romantic storyline for Rory/Logan...what do you see happening?

I guess we differ on what we like to watch. Well, actually, I do have a huge soft spot for romance, but I don't want to see that encompassing all of Rory's screentime. I like it on the side...in fact, once a relationship is steady for any character on this show, I really want the romance ON THE SIDE. Not in the forefront. It's annoying and it drives me nuts. I can't WAIT until Luke and Lorelai get back together so that we can MOVE ON and see what else is in store...like, perhaps, Lorelai and Emily and Richard getting along.

Last edited by MickeyJr3000; 12-17-2006 at 11:28 PM
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Caf.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Banned

I really want to watch BSG, but first I have to edit this blasted post!

Mickey, look up, and I expand on what I want to see from Rory and Logan. That aside, I am not one to push love aside, because LOVE is very important to this show. Love in all of it's facet. I would even go as far to state that LOVE has driven every major act on this show. It even drove Lorelai and Sookie to harass people at a funeral. So, no, I am not about putting love to the side, and VOLTRON are far from secured. I am an eternal optimist with mad Deana Troi skills. However, until I see it on the screen, that VOLTRON are hitched. I will continue to hope that this LORELAI will tbe the FIRST Lorelai to not **** a GRAND LOVE UP.

However, my spec on a season eight, is all about Rory and Logan dealing with their futures after marriage. If they are married, then I give a **** about their futures. If not, well, LOVE WAS MADE FOR YOU AND ME! LOVE WAS MADE FOR YOU AND MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! ETA: Which means, in a way, you and I are only a year apart on our specs for Rory and Logan. Which means I should not have gone all bat **** about you comparing Rory to a hobbit. I apologize to you for pulling such a dick move. Apparently I had lack of vision at that moment.

Oh yeah, folks, we are like a week away from Xmas Eve. My goodness, how fast this year has gone. Only a year ago, we had more people around, and we are involved in a poll about Luke telling Lorelai about April. Awwwwwww. What good memories.

Last edited by TheJSW; 12-17-2006 at 11:29 PM
Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyJr3000 (View Post)
I'm wondering what you're looking for in a romantic storyline for Rory/Logan...what do you see happening?
I know this isn't directed at me, but for me personally, my ideal is them going off and conquering the world together. I don't think the work related stuff in boring, it's why I love FNAFF, because I think they'd make great partners. They compliment one another. It'll never happen on screen, but my absolute ideal I already wrote in fic form.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Danke caf.

So, will we find out Santas secret before the ep airs ??
Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the thread, Caf, and for the appropriate title, Jason.

Mickey, I think (and Jason can correct me if I'm wrong) Jason was referring more to the whole Susan Lucci curse. With her being nominated for years and years for some award (a daytime Emmy?) and yet never winning.

The way I read your response, I wondered if perhaps you were thinking about Susan's character on All My Children.