Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
How about:

Giaus & 6 - OTP for a new Millenium

Yeah, I know, wrong fandom, but I'd vote for it. NOT I'm loving your icon, btw. KLG are such a beautiful pair of episodes. And I agree, Rory & Logan do need an epiphany in a little blue box!
I vote for this title! (Hey, If I can vote for a Buffy title, I can vote for this too)

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEIII (View Post)
I vote for this title! (Hey, If I can vote for a Buffy title, I can vote for this too)
When did we have a Buffy title? And the Gaius & 6 title would certainly confuse the rest of the board. Heh.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Woot, GEORGE!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoutforawalk (View Post)
When did we have a Buffy title? And the Gaius & 6 title would certainly confuse the rest of the board. Heh.
Hey, they use FRAK on GG, why not have a BSG thread title?

So did I understand you correctly? You'll be caught up tomorrowish?
Absolute Fan

To El286: One last thing I promise.

The big contrivance of all, of course is this: If Christopher WASN'T around and wasn't married to Lorelai, we'd be able to focus on the REAL Lorelai-related issues in 7.13. Luke and Lorelai would no doubt be the ones watching Emily and Richard, thinking about how they let a few little issues get in the way and break them apart. They'd be thinking the 'what if' and wishing they didn't screw up so badly a few months ago, because you only have a certain amount of time to live, and it's stupid to not spend that time with the one you really love, and forgive and forget the issues that tore you apart.

And Luke and Lorelai would put their individual baggage away to while dealing with the crisis. (And their baggage is probably twenty times the size of the baggage left from ONE Chris/Lorelai argument).

Just an issue I have about it. The fact that they made Christopher a HUGE thing this year in the first place, being Lorelai's rebound and all, was a stupid contrivance just to put him away again afterwards. Couldn't Luke and Lorelai have been SINGLE while they were apart and then start getting back together in 7.13 with an ephiphany from the family crisis?

And of course, Christopher--who they only brought back to give L/C a shot because the actor was now available...if he wasn't on Lorelai's radar, I'd bet he wouldn't be involved in the health crisis since he wasn't in 1.10 and it's not uncommon for Christopher (and DS) to be missing from our screens for a repeated number of episodes.
Master Fan

Just archiving this:

Information from the TCA - July 2006
  • Pictures from the TCA
  • Gail Pennington's STL blog added an audio clip of LG’s “good drama” comments
  • InsideBayArea: LG says she has no power over storylines
  • Watch with Kristin:
    - video interview with MC - he’d like Rory to end the show single
    - DR says C and L “are eternally tied through Rory”
    - RM says “perhaps more than one baby for SH”
    - Kristin on babies
  • Beacon Journal: Kirk is at the center of an exciting disaster
  • Gimoregirls.org: Exclusive Video of LG
  • STLtoday: Lauren "can't believe people were upset" and mentions a fake ending.
  • KnoxNews: Matt takes a bet to climb up on the giant "CW" letters at party.
  • Buffalo News: "In the real world, those things happen for a reason and people rebound from them," said Patterson. "It is really a precarious position to be in. I think he'll have to do some soul searching to work his way out of this one. It is not checkmate, but it may be check."
  • FROM NJ.COM BLOG:INTERVIEW WITH DR
    - Lorelai "wasn't drunk, it wasn't this mad, crazy thing -- she made a decision about where she wanted her life to go, and we're going to explore that. Not to say that Luke isn't in her life and a part of her world."
    - "Lane and Zach got married, married life is going to bring a lot of challenges and surprises for them. Richard's going to get a job teaching at Yale, an opportunity to fill in kind of thing. Emily's going to do a little tutoring of young debutantes. Paris will spend the summer opening up her own version of the Princeton Review, tutoring students."
  • From the DR interview: LL won't be similar to Rory rift. "I’m not saying it’s always going to be pleasant or pretty, I mean, they’re two adults and they’re going to have to deal with what’s happening.” (Maureen Ryan, Chicago Tribune)
  • DR says "There will be a baby or babies." Note: could be Liz's. (Seattle Times)
  • LG says DR may bend ASP's exhausting "word-perfect" script rules (Canoe-Jam!) - and more
  • Ausiello's interview with DR:
    - Repercussions from the finale “affect not just Lorelai and Christopher and Luke, but Rory as well.”
    - R/L “are very much in love and will work hard to make [the long-distance relationship] work. ... There will be people in her life, male and female. Perhaps the return of characters from past seasons.”
    - L/L “have a very, very deep bond. ... But sometimes soul mates spend a lot of time not together. Just because someone's your soul mate and may be your ultimate destiny, does not mean that there's not a lot to go through before you reach that destiny.”
    - Luke "will have issues this year in terms of his deepening relationship with April and his relationship with Anna."
    - Christopher and Lorelai - "he's a major part of her life this year."
    - Finale - confirmed C&L did have sex.
  • From Ausiello's live blog of the TCA Gilmore Girls Panel (or here)
    - Logan will stay in London
    - A line about "new love interests for Rory" was later deleted by Ausiello without explanation.
    - Marty "will perhaps be back"
    - Christopher will be a bigger presence than ever before.
    - "It sounds like" LL will be broken up, at least during the first part of the season.
    - LG and KAB both "leave door open" to possible season 8.
  • LG and KAB "hedge on GG future", LG says "if everything had gone the way fans wanted" last year, "the show would have been over"
  • At TCA morning session - Ostroff says she "wasn't involved" in Team Palladino talks

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes! SciFi is running a marathon all day tomorrow. Every season 3 epsiode I haven't seen yet. Wee little Tivo is all programmed up and ready to go.

Didn't Rory call Emily a cylon last year?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It had Spike and Angel in the title (just before 7.10, I think.)

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like this LOL
This Show Would Be Much Better In Widescreen!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Didn't Rory call Emily a cylon last year?
Yes, in LMHYBRO. So, see, it's topical.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

lorelaisgirl had to leave so change of plan:

TITLE SUGGESTIONS/VOTES

Giaus & 6 - OTP for a new Millenium - 2
Donkeys Are Comedic Gold.
Everything Is Better Glazed.
Never Trust A Care Bear. - 1
Snow. I Want SNOW!
ACDC Rock HARDER Than The Scorpions.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Lack Of Spoilers Causes Problems.
This Show Would Be Much Better In Widescreen! - 1
Apparently LOVE Is Important. Who Knew?
Kirk Gleason Is A Better Bond Than Daniel Craig!
Pearls Helped By A Filthy Diner Owner? Too Soapy.
Cast And Crew Of Gilmore Girls Think We Are All Nuts!

eta: New thread is ready - did I miss any votes?

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.

Last edited by caf123; 12-19-2006 at 12:01 AM
Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

One more post and we're done with this thread
Old 12-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Cappucino.

NEW THREAD

Closed Thread   Post New Thread