Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

guggie on crossover
Quote:
"It's so frigging awesome," Arrow Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim said at a press Q&A today. "It really is. I have to say, I've never had so much fun writing a script before, maybe, in my life. It was such a blast to work on. We're filming the Arrow half of it - the Arrow episode - right now, and it's just so much fun."
"I kept telling everyone 'we should try for Avengers.' Like, these two heroes together - big production value - we're blowing out the doors on this. The opportunity for inside jokes, and seeing all of the characters together. Like what happens when Cisco gets his eyes on Thea? Stuff like that. Moments you just can't do in a normal episode. It's just so much fun. It's really going to be a blast. Jesse Warn is directing [the Arrow episode] and he is just crushing it. Those dailies are really, really insane. Nick Tarabay plays Boomerang, Digger Harkness... he's amazing, and that weapon [of his] is a whole new visual language in the show, and a whole new visual language for our stunt guys to work with. Watching Grant and Stephen together - it's magic."
To read what Marc Guggenheim had to say about the coming of Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer on Arrow, visit our Arrow portal GreenArrowTV!
Arrow Season 3 begins October 8 on The CW, while The Flash premieres the day before, on October 7.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Absolute Fan

With all the gushing in that recap posted earlier, I guess the premiere is flawless? Somehow, I doubt it. lol

And I don't understand the twitter question to MG. Is it not obvious that the writers aren't sticking exactly to comic canon?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't understand these writers and their obsession with the no powers rule aka making this show into the dark knight 2.0. Why bring in characters like Ray and even make your lead female Laurel when they are meant to have powers? It makes 0 sense. So Ray is pretty much pointless then.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

I agree. The Black Canary story is pointless without her superpower being shown. It's time to drop that story altogether.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
I agree. The Black Canary story is pointless without her superpower being shown. It's time to drop that story altogether.
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!
DR!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Welcome back!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkarrma (View Post)
Welcome back!
Thanks. Hip. Been so long LOL!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I don't understand these writers and their obsession with the no powers rule aka making this show into the dark knight 2.0. Why bring in characters like Ray and even make your lead female Laurel when they are meant to have powers? It makes 0 sense. So Ray is pretty much pointless then.
Yes I really don't understand this. What the heck is the point of Ray and giving him a 16 episode arch if he doesn't get powers. He's just a plot device then. Didn`t Brandon Routh say earlier he had seen costume designs? Ugh. And the best part of Black Canary is her Canary cry.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
TV line article sighted below did...she gives Oliver a nice surprise that makes him smile.
Laurel will be there but it most likely will be like last year, the focus isn't on her but on Team Arrow's characters. Shows always try to launch the season successfully and they believe that's the best way to do it - with the core characters which are important and garner a huge response.

Quote:
If you haven’t gone weak in the knees and turned into a big puddle on the floor after that kiss, you are not human and get to the doctor stat.
I just want the episode like now! Awww Oliver remembering whenn they met, it just keeps getting better and yet heartbreaking at the same time. Can't wait!

Quote:
Black Canary Returns
Yep, that emotional goodbye – for what seemed like the zillionth time – from last season’s finale was pretty short-lived. Sara’s back and she has a secret mission. And just who is she sharing that secret with? Well, let’s just say that girl knows how to keep a secret!
Her survival rate is going up. Seems she's still important to the story. At MG's tweet - natural. It's been pretty obvious since mid season one. They aren't pulling punches anymore! Most people who try to beg it with the comics haven't even read them.

AND JRR does make an appearance in episode 2? But ZERO talk about him.

They are selling BR soooo hard, I guess he's important to s3 lol. But calm down a little writers. So Arrow and Scandal have something in common this year hmmmm? I think Felicity and her new job at PI is going to be a really good storyline. I think it's important to pull that work element in there, they failed so miserably with Laurel and being a lawyer (while breaking codes of conduct/ethics) LOL! So hopefully they set it up.

EDIT: It's clear powers aren't on the table for the near future. So without powers both Laurel and Ray are rendered useless as future alter egos.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Eragon! You're back!

The fact that they've admitted Ray was originally supposed to be Ted Kord is interesting. Ray speaking Felicity's hacker language makes me think of the Barbara Gordon/Ted Kord relationship, where they knew each other online by their hacker names for a long time before finally meeting at a tech conference.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I just want the episode like now! Awww Oliver remembering whenn they met, it just keeps getting better and yet heartbreaking at the same time. Can't wait!
One of the articles said he will recall a very small detail about their first meet. Anybody have any guesses?

My money is on that he tells her she made him smile for the first time since retuning to Starling City. SA loves talking about that in interviews. I think with the premiere episode focusing on the ramifications of the finale they will want to drive home the point that Oliver has always felt a certain way about her for all those uninitiated.

(aka the blind and oblivious people watching the show that have denied or not seen the connection between the two.)
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa
Old 10-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Cat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegyBeckinheim (View Post)
My money is on that he tells her she made him smile for the first time since retuning to Starling City.
Um, I think you are confusing a certain real-life meet story with the show one. But you are forgiven. Because SA himself is quite confused.

Who here thinks it was SA's idea to have them talk about their first meet at their date?
Old 10-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
E is backkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 10-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Lol BC is more than just her CC so I don't see how she's useless without it. The same with Ray. I am still not the least bit interested in him but he doesn't necessarily need to turn into his alter ego, at least not on Arrow. Pretty sure he's mainly here to cause drama and facilitate Oliver to act. He doesn't need super powers for that.

I do have to laugh at the writer/producers' fascination with this show being gritty, realistic and dark, especially considering that it's a CW show. They need to chill on being TDK 2.0, lol.

Btw, JRR is in episode 3 not 2.