Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Absolute Fan

I really don't think LGBT characters and kisses should be seen as/called controversial anymore. It's 2015. It's completely normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Nah, it's mostly the Clexa shippers being upset about it. Just see the comments on twitter, if the kiss didn't happened, some people wouldn't be as upset. At the end of the day, Lexa did what had to do...but it's bye bye Clarke now. It would be so against Clarke character to just accept and forgive Lexa. There is just no coming back from what happened. And if there is, I call it BS from the writers.
There are a lot of Lexa fans who don't ship Clexa that are upset by this. There are also people who hate her who are really upset that she did this to the alliance and Clarke. Most viewers wanted peace between the two groups. It also hurt Indra and Octavia's relationship which everyone loved. Basically I'm seeing everyone upset by this whether they shipped Clexa or liked Lexa. Only some people are happy because they see it as the threat to Bellarke gone.

I'm just so happy they didn't kill her off. That would have been so predictable.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Absolute Fan

I feel like Indra will go back and help Octavia. Her surprise visit. She IS in the finale.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
I really don't think LGBT characters and kisses should be seen as/called controversial anymore. It's 2015. It's completely normal.
Except, you're the one who's making a big deal about this everytime we are talking about the subject. It's so common now that I don't see why suddenly they act like The 100 is the bravest show ever for doing so. Not only tons of show did it before but it was even good writting.

We could go on and on about this, this LGBT storyline don't make the least sense on The 100.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm defending it when people say it's not real or just done for ratings. I don't care if I have an unpopular opinion here. Anytime a same sex couple kisses on any show, there are people who right away say it was only done for ratings. That can be the only reason, it can't be because the writers want to show that LGBT characters exist just like in real life. That's a problem. It just happened on The Walking Dead too. People saying the two guys were only made to kiss for ratings.

Tons of shows do not have a bixeual or gay lead. It's the first on the CW to do so. It shouldn't be a big deal at all, I agree with that, the problem is that it 2015 it still is because there are still so few LGBT main characters and relaitonships on TV.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I feel like Indra will go back and help Octavia. Her surprise visit. She IS in the finale.
I would love that. There was that moment where Indra paused to look at that Reaper she remembered, so she might decide she wants to fight the Mountain Men after all. Especially since she retreated thinking that the others might be in trouble and need their help. When she finds out they retreated because Lexa made a deal with their enemies and betrayed their allies, she might be offended by that. Maybe. Wishful thinking!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Absolute Fan

If Indra does back, I wonder what will change her mind.
It's possible she's not in it though, because imdb is saying Lexa is in it and I don't think she is judging by the tweets from the writers saying she survived this season. They wouldn't spoil that if she was in next weeks episode.

Maybe that's how we move on from these Grounders for season 3? Lexa ruined the alliance so we don't see them anymore? The Sky People move on to another location?
Old 03-05-2015, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm defending it when people say it's not real or just done for ratings. I don't care if I have an unpopular opinion here. Anytime a same sex couple kisses on any show, there are people who right away say it was only done for ratings. That can be the only reason, it can't be because the writers want to show that LGBT characters exist just like in real life. That's a problem. It just happened on The Walking Dead too. People saying the two guys were only made to kiss for ratings.

Tons of shows do not have a bixeual or gay lead. It's the first on the CW to do so. It shouldn't be a big deal at all, I agree with that, the problem is that it 2015 it still is because there are still so few LGBT main characters and relaitonships on TV.
Not really. Look at Black Sails, when Flint and Thomas were revealed to be bisexual, all fans embraced it was it was beautifully written. Still can't get over it

Again Black Sails, Game of Thrones, Orange Is The New Black, Penny Dreadful, Orphan Black...all bisexuals leads! Let's not even talk about show like the L World, Sons of Anarchy, Prison Break... I could go on and on.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-05-2015, 12:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really just want the MW storyline end! I hope only half of the episode then we see what's going on with City of Lights to set up the next season.

I really don't want to see Cage's face anymore. If Lexa lives then can we just see her next season when she and Clarke reunites? I just don't want to have relationship drama at the finale since all I care about is getting the Sky kids out...all of them alive If possible but I know that's not entirely possible. Then, the next thing I care about is where do they go next. Looks like the City of Lights people has more advanced technology than MW or the Ark, so it will be interesting to see what they are.

What if this is like the Maze Runner where everything is like an experiment?
Old 03-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Absolute Fan

So I actually went and rewatched the episode bc i felt like I wasn't seeing what a lot of other people were seeing… And my opinion did alter slightly on Lexa but not completely… I mean I totally missed when they pressed the button together?? btw that was so cheesy… but anyway…

Lexa is a ruthless leader but i will admit that her cold demeanour when she told Clarke it was over did come across more of a front. Like she put on a mask to cover the fact that it was a hard decision to make.. She probably did this to look strong in front of her people bc if she looks weak it can't be good for her much like not letting Lincoln stay with Clarke b/c that would also make her look weak… In her and her peoples eyes, Lincoln has a place and its with them, once he objected and tried to fight back that was it, he's seen as a traitor again... so i could clearly see all that this time around…

Having said that, i still think she is very calculated in her overall vision but damn she really didnt think about the long term affects of this little "deal" I mean when the MM can leave the Mountain, what then? are they going to live peacefully and divvy up the land?? I don't think so She decided against war now and saving her people from war now but what about in the future?? More lives can be lost spread over time.. I don't think it was smart for the future….

On a personal level I hate the decision she made like most people and Clarke understanding her decision is one thing, forgiveness is another and as the lead of the show i expect more than just an ok, were cool next time they cross paths, if they do… Lexa is not Bellamy and Lexa not only betrayed her but all the sky people. She left them all there to die without a second glance…

Quote:
I hope you are right about this… They really challenged each other and Octavia even pushed Indra a little which I think is needed… Maybe Indra seeing that reaper (that she knew?) could cause her to want to return and help?? I don't know maybe its a stretch but I would like that…

On the other hand if Indra is with Lincoln I hope she snaps out of this war mentality and Lincoln some how changes her mind and makes her realise this is about more than just them, its about their future bc the mountain men on the ground would be worse than they are now and not to be trusted...… I don't know something poetic

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't watch Black Sails(but I plan on checking it out soon) but I just read this today and it says there was a lot of backlash over a same sex relaitonship: What’s the Fuss? Why Fans React Negatively to Some—But Not All—Same-Sex TV Romance | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast. It says The 100 Clexa kiss was well received, while ones on Black Sails and TWD weren't.

Anyway, I just remember that the Promise song wasn't in an episode yet! So we know it's about Clarke, but in reference to who? Here it is again:

Bellamy? Abby? Both? Any of her people that she burned?
Old 03-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

^^That's BS. They sure aren't talking about the Finn/Thomas one, or even Anna/Max or even Eleonor/Max. People love all those bisexual pairings. And it's not hard ot see how well received it is, just look on social networks. There's not one thing said against it. Most people are actually pretty turned on by it. Hell that Flint/Thomas story was so well written...maybe Jason should take notes.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't know about Black Sails since I don't watch it, I had just read that article this morning.

I was wondering about Lexa's long term plan with the Mountain Men too, but Jason said the deal was that they wouldn't touch the Grounders because they were going to use only the 44 for blood.

I don't know why she would trust them though. Not very smart. They could go back easily go back on the deal.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

The man Indra saw might be her brother so she might visit Octavia because she will understand where Octavia is coming from. Maybe Indra didn't try to save her brother when he was caught by the reapers.

Wasn't it so cheesy when they pressed the button together and it didn't explode?

The other cheesy part I know was Lexa having a conversation about the future and inviting Clarke to the Capital. I'm like, they're about to battle she's somewhat asking Clarke for a date and then 10 minutes later, she betrays Clarke. It could be a cover or what not but Lexa made a choice to sacrifice Clarke and all the Sky People. Whether Clarke would have done the same thing if their situation was switched? I don't know.

Leadership lesson - always have a back up plan.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:06 AM
Absolute Fan

^^^ yes to all of it!!

Btw raven-wick wrote this on tumblr and i thought it was really true and so sad, even though i was never a fan of Finn

Quote:
Whether you like the guy or not, or agree with his actions or not, he gave himself up to the grounders so he could save his people and form an alliance that would help get his friends out of Mount Weather. That sacrifice was just rendered useless; the alliance is dead and his people are still in danger. And that is so ridiculously devastating.
Finn basically gave himself up to get the grounders saved

----

Also it's so funny that here i was worrying about Bellamy being in uniform and mistaken for a MM and the grounders didnt even go in talk about let down… I wanted to see an all out war, i kind of feel jibbed…

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Finn gave himself up because he saw he was puitting Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, and basically all of his people in danger if he didn't. He knew the Grounders would kill them if he didn't turn himself over. That's why the writers had Clarke get knocked out, so Finn could feel the guilt of putting her in danger.

It was kinda funny when Lexa was inviting Clarke to go away with her, but to be fair, they were just standing around waiting and doing nothing. She took that free time to make a move.

Extended promo! Raven and Wick!! Aww.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread