Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Calling it now the unexpected help is from Dante.
Yup. Basically waiting for that too.

Lincoln will hopefully play some part as well. He may not be seen again till next season though which is saddening
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Total Fan

The writers already said that both Lexa and Clarke were being genuine last week. Plus we saw how Lexa was looking so distraught, almost like she was trying not to cry when she was alone in her tent after she confessed her feelings to Clarke. So I think it's safe to say that she wasn't manipulating Clarke the whole time since we have on screen evidence and Word of God.

But I do think her feelings may have played into how quickly she betrayed Clarke. Clarke had just rejected her after the kiss. And then when Lexa asked Clarke what she wanted to do after the battle was won, Clarke's noncommittal answer probably stung Lexa a bit. So Lexa, who we know feels like it's vital for her to never give in to her emotions, feels herself becoming vulnerable because of her feelings for Clarke, gets scared, and jumps at the chance to make this ruthless, pragmatic choice so she can feel in control again.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
The writers already said that both Lexa and Clarke were being genuine last week. Plus we saw how Lexa was looking so distraught, almost like she was trying not to cry when she was alone in her tent after she confessed her feelings to Clarke. So I think it's safe to say that she wasn't manipulating Clarke the whole time since we have on screen evidence and Word of God.

But I do think her feelings may have played into how quickly she betrayed Clarke. Clarke had just rejected her after the kiss. And then when Lexa asked Clarke what she wanted to do after the battle was won, Clarke's noncommittal answer probably stung Lexa a bit. So Lexa, who we know feels like it's vital for her to never give in to her emotions, feels herself becoming vulnerable because of her feelings for Clarke, gets scared, and jumps at the chance to make this ruthless, pragmatic choice so she can feel in control again.
THIS^

It doesn't make me okay with her choices but this makes total sense for her mental processing of everything that's happening.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I'd much rather Licnoln or Indra be the next Commander over any Sky person.

Clarke get back together with Lexa? They were never an actually couple, remember? Clarke said she wasn't ready yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Agreed. Well said.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Absolute Fan

The kiss was real, we know that.. But manipulating someone to have their complete trust bc she's ruthless and "this is war" is another thing… I don't think she is completely genuine is all her actions. The kiss yes but finding ways to gain Clarkes trust, no…

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Here's what Jason tweeted: "It was a real kiss. What Lexa did hurt her as much as it hurt all of you. But at EOD she saved her people"

It's clear when she pressed the button with Clarke that she planned on saving their people together. Then Emmerson caught her and made the deal...

I didn't see any manipulation going on from either. When she left Clarke this was never her plan, and when she saw Clarke again she told her straight up what happened. This was all a last minute thing and Lexa chose to go with it.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

let's be honest, the kiss was more about the writers wanting to reveal clarke's bisexuality than anything else. they never had long-term plans for clexa, clearly. and that's fine. clarke being bi is great and opens the door for other stories. but i think the people who were romanticizing the kiss and the lexa/clarke connection were reading into things. Not that the kiss was fake, or anything like that, just that it was never meant to be this huge true love 5ever thing that some shippers made it out to be.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
Here's what Jason tweeted: "It was a real kiss. What Lexa did hurt her as much as it hurt all of you. But at EOD she saved her people"

It's clear when she pressed the button with Clarke that she planned on saving their people together. Then Emmerson caught her and made the deal...

I didn't see any manipulation going on from either. When she left Clarke this was never her plan, and when she saw Clarke again she told her straight up what happened. This was all a last minute thing and Lexa chose to go with it.
Yeah I don't think anyone could be smart enough to bank on a deal they couldn't be sure would be offered up to them. Lexa couldn't have planned this all in advance, it had to be last minute decisions that sucked to make but she felt like she had to for her people and the greater good and all that jazz.

Still while I get it, I still hate that she did it. Something about it doesn't settle well with me but someone on tumblr said it the best that the person most angry with Lexa right now is Lexa. Poor bae.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I understand why she did it too. It's her job to protect her people first and foremost. I'm definitely not happy about it though.

We don't know if they had long terms for Clexa or not. Remember, Alycia got on that other show while they were still writing this season. I'm guessing they did this to write her out as much as they can. They couldn't have Clexa be a thing next season when they don't know if the actress will even be available.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

jason's heist comment makes sense now. clarke's trying to get in on her own, like i thought. i do think it'll be wallace who helps her, since we already know from the promo they'll be interacting at some point i think it's a solid guess.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Absolute Fan

i do love this… the fact Indra expected O to just leave Bellamy proves how different they all really are…

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
let's be honest, the kiss was more about the writers wanting to reveal clarke's bisexuality than anything else. they never had long-term plans for clexa, clearly. and that's fine. clarke being bi is great and opens the door for other stories. but i think the people who were romanticizing the kiss and the lexa/clarke connection were reading into things. Not that the kiss was fake, or anything like that, just that it was never meant to be this huge true love 5ever thing that some shippers made it out to be.
I actually think the purpose of the kiss is way more integrated into the story than that. Like I mentioned before, it sets up Lexa's emotional state for the betrayal. But most importantly, it magnifies the shock of the betrayal like 10-fold. If Lexa had been completely emotionless and had never had that moment with Clarke, then it wouldn't have been such a slap in the face to Clarke when she betrayed her. Both Clarke and the audience are left thinking What? How could she? But she? What the? So remember last week when Jason and Kim were insisting that the kiss was really important in the context of what happens in the next episode? I'm pretty sure this is what they were talking bout. It's always about the story first with these writers.

Also, about Jason's heist comment: I think he was talking about the plan to get into Mount Weather in this episode. They had like three different teams of people working outside the mountain with carefully coordinated timing, plus the people inside who were trying to do their part. I remember thinking when they explained it at the beginning that it was crazy complicated and any one thing going wrong would ruin the whole plan.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

@JRothenbergTV: '@RobertoDansakle @riverasbutt #the100 Hundreds of her people would have died storming the door. She made a choice to save them.

@JRothenbergTV: '@riverasbutt #The100 She didn't know the deal was about to be proposed.

@JRothenbergTV: '@thefandomfeeels #the100 It was a real kiss. What Lexa did hurt her as much as it hurt all of you. But at EOD she saved her people

re: Lexa

I still can't get over it! What an awesome episode.

ETA: fuzzy you're probably right about everything you've said about the kiss above. It makes total sense and completely played into what happened in this episode and how it would make an audience react, as a television show.

Did anyone find it a bit weird that the sky people would retreat so quickly, I mean Miller's dad - your son's in there!

Like at least wait five minutes.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

about lincoln's revenge, maybe it's against lexa/the grounders? i'm sure he knows about tonDC (can't remember if it was said in the show if he does), and he was forced to leave with the grounders.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't like what Clexa did but i understand how she is. I dont think she'll come back and clarke will forgive her though; even if she DOES come back, even if she has a plan, people will probably die in the meantime and clarke won't forgive that not when it could've been avoided if she had stayed in the first place. Also clarke wouldn't have made the same decision I'm sure;she cares for people (and the allience meant a lot to her too;she is like Scott McCall she always chooses to see the good in people and tries to save everyone)..at least until now
As for the bellarke moment i wish she hadn't say anything cause im scared and dont know what to Expect anymore.
I looooove lincoln and octavia but hated that the rest of the skye people just left.
The episode was incredible..i wish aaron would write more..im scared about jason writing the next one lol

Maybe we could be the start of something
Closed Thread   Post New Thread