Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

I've begun putting some of my comics into runs of 10 or so issues to sell on eBay. That way I'll make more room, and maybe I'll make a little extra moolah too.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have duplicate issues and odds and ends I wouldn't mind selling, but I don't know whether to do it now-ish or hang on to them for a while first. Turns out I have a bunch of duplicate issues of the original Star Trek Gold Key comics, but I think I'm going to hold them until 2008. I figure if there is a new movie, and it's Kirk/Spock-The Early Years, that might spur some renewed interest in the original comic series.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

That is true. I'm going to put my extra Spider-mans up when the next movie comes out because it always bumbs interest up for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Ewwwww Spiderman....ewwwwww
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't get rid of my comics either. I have a really hard time. I gave my friend a few, and I regret it. And I'm always afraid of selling something that might be worth something later.

Alan, I hope those auctions work out well for you.

Cry, why don't you like Spidey?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

I'm too attached to my comics as well. If one gets to be worth anything, I usually can't bring myself to sell it, and I hold on to it until it loses most of its value. Except for Walking Dead. I've never really liked the series.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually used to buy multiple copies of NYX. But when #3 came out, I was so annoyed that the new character was Wolverine connected, that it was the only copy. Kinda regretting that now.

I have a bunch of Walking Dead's that I got in a sale. I still haven't read them.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Every time I buy something purely because I think I can sell it later I get burned. Every single time. Except for Preacher. That one did all right.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

I've never really liked spidey, he's been too depressing and whiney usually. Now the black cat I don't mind, but not spidey.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Jay
Master Fan

I got about over 500 comics I believe. Most of them is Spiderman and X-Men (and all series tied to them). I don't think I'll ever sell my comics...they were my pride and joy...and good investment in the future.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
Every time I buy something purely because I think I can sell it later I get burned. Every single time. Except for Preacher. That one did all right.
Exactly. 99.9 % of the time, I buy out of genuine interest. For me, it's just fun when something I like just happens to catch on, like NYX or the most recent Wonder Woman issues.

Quote:
I got about over 500 comics I believe. Most of them is Spiderman and X-Men (and all series tied to them). I don't think I'll ever sell my comics...they were my pride and joy...and good investment in the future.
That's quite a collection. I'm not sure how many I have myself. Do you still collect?
Old 05-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

That is a nice collection. I don't think I'll ever part with most of my collection either unless I fall on hard times or need to finance a movie (like Kevin Smith).
Old 05-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hard times, definitely. I've been thinking about going back to school, maybe for that. But most likely I'll take out loans.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78
That's quite a collection. I'm not sure how many I have myself. Do you still collect?
I just checked and I have 480 comics. My bad

I stopped collecting 4 yrs ago. Once in awhile i do pick up Spawn issues when I drop by.

I feel that the comic industry has changed so much in a bad sense that I just stopped collecting. (i.e. issue cost, poor artwork, short amout of pages loaded with tons of adverisement crap, continous comic series - duplicates, versions).

I'm more into the artwork rather than the story itself...which is why I'm very picky as to which comics I'll go for.

I have sorts of comics hidden in so many places...so no one can find them.

I do have about 30-40 old comics of Spidey and X-Men combined. The one that's quite popular is the first issue Todd McFarlane did on Amazing Spider-man #298 (i.e. first appearance of Venom). I got that.

One of my most fav' comics that I own would be X-Men #25 with the hologram card on cover. This issue is also signed by Andy Kubert (artist) and writer and containing proof document. I don't know how much that is worth but I defintely won't sell it..it's the only issue that is signed.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, you were close with the number. It's interesting that you say the industry has taken a turn for the worse. I always started collecting around the time you quit. I'm story over art for the most part. But there might be a day where comics might not be the same for me too.