Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

I saw this thread the other day, and it made me want to go and index my comics again. I'm still not going to post a list of what I have (mainly because I don't have the patience to type that much, and because I doubt any of you really care how many copies of Beavis and Butthead #1 I have).
Old 02-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
I saw this thread the other day, and it made me want to go and index my comics again. I'm still not going to post a list of what I have (mainly because I don't have the patience to type that much, and because I doubt any of you really care how many copies of Beavis and Butthead #1 I have).

haha, i remember teh Beavis and Butthead comics. i found a ton of mid-90's stuff i had in a box in my garage a while back. mostly Image and whatever crap Marvel had put out. i'm working on trying to get my friend to give me his collection from middle school. i know he doesn't collect anymore and he had a bunch of Spawn and other stuff that aren't worth much but would be a good read.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

First off, I have 2 copies of Beavis and Butthead #1, because my dad dropped my first copy, bending the spine, and he bought me a second copy. (All useless information, but I feel better now).

Second, I have a bunch of that mid-90's stuff cluttering up my boxes as well. I've got a bunch of Valliant, Continuity, and stuff like that.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think anyone cares about what I have either. I forgot to mention, my manga collection is also growing.

The cleaning lady in my building actually made fun of my collection, when she was supervising a repair in my room. She asked me if I had enough comic books (sarcastically) and asked if I had read all of them. And the answer was "no" and "yes".

But I'll try to post a brief list.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

I have 3 long boxes and about 5 short boxes full of comics. I can't lie though: I haven't read a good portion of them. I have a 100 issue run of Avengers comics I bought on eBay that I haven't read, as well as the first 31 issues of Strikeforce: Morituri, and a nearly complete set of ROM: Spaceknight as well. Oh well, one of these days I'll get around to reading them all.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read almost all the ones in my boxes. My system is: comics I've read go into a box. The ones I haven't read are in a big drawer and piled on top of my bookshelf. As soon as I finish those, I'll probably need a new box.

I read this in Wizard and found it funny. It was from an interview with Reginald Hudlin, a Hollywood director who's writing Black Panther (and Spiderman when Mark Millar finishes his run).

Quote:
Hudlin may be a Hollywood bigshot, but this unabashed fanboy's heart has always been in comic books. "I grew up in comics," the filmmaker recalls. "That's how I learned to read. I've probably got 50,000 books at this point, which is a huge storage problem. I was talking with my wife about it, and the words 'temperature controlled room' came out of my mouth," he laughs. "It was very scary."
Old 02-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

No more scary than me thinking about it....I just don't have the money to do something like that.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Neither do I. But it is a good idea. And not crazy at all. I was actually thinking about renting out some stroage space. A lot of them are temperature controlled, b/c people want to store things like wine.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

I have a storage space rented, but it isn't temperature controlled. My town is too small to offer luxuries like that (yet).
Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

I have:

Fushigi Yugi 1-17
Wedding Peach 1-3
Angelic Layer 1-5
Forbidden Dance 1-4
Zodiac P.I. 1-4
Legend of Chun Hyang
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight 1-3
Pretear 1-4
Sailor Moon Volumns 3, 9,11
Sailor Moon Super Volumn 2
Sailor Moon Stars volumn 3
More Starlight to your Heart Volumn 1
Tokyo Mew Mew 1-7
Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode volumn 1 ( didn't like it so i didn't get the 2nd volumn)
CardCaptor Sakura 1-6
CardCaptor Sakura: Mastor of the Clow 1-6
RG Veda 1-4
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles 1-7
Imodeki anytime 1-5
Alice 19th 1-7

Visit my Book Blog "Little Corner of the World" HERE
Old 01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu
I ordered 19 of the first 20 issues of Ninja High School, which is where my original collection started. Of course after I ordered them, a lot of them showed up on ebay cheaper...
That always happens to me. Melissa, I have Imadoki! and Forbidden Dance too.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, since I started buying comics at the end of January, I've accumulated four full long boxes, and I'll have to buy a fifth one soon...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have 9, but I remember what starting my collection was like. It was so much fun, even though I was draining so much money.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I still need to pick up a new box.....they're sitting in stacks....I'm so lazy.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mentioned this before the crash. But buying and putting together is one of my least favorite things about collecting.