Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Which might take a while for me to get around to it...damn school.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I have to write a paper myself.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

And they say the board activity tends to increase because people are back from summer vacation. Not always true.

Anyway, back on the subject. Hmm...I think one of the major things that bother me is that in half of the series I watch, English voice actors don't know how to convey the more powerful emotions (aside from the every day happy, conversational-ish moods). Like in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's supposed to be a tense moment/scene where you are in the situation in which that you are going to possibly kill your (possessed) friend in a match.

I'm not saying that they should be over the top but sometimes the way they express themselves just makes the scene funny instead. Kind of like if they're just reading the lines from their script.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Really? I never found that to be a problem. Well at least when you get a good voice actor.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know. Most of the anime I've watched had that problem. Some of the exceptions would be any of Hayao Miyazaki's works, Witch Hunter Robin, and the OAV of the Read or Die series.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Huh... I guess some people are more picky then others?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Anger's easy to pull off but when they get to the sad like moments, sometimes I don't feel the emotion...
Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Oh... Okay yeah I see what you mean. I have felt that way a few times.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Watched the comparison. It hurts. (By the way, it's really sad when I start tearing up at the Japanese version of Usagi saving Chibi-Usa, even during the middle of this crap. That's how powerful the original is.)

Lesbianism vs. incest?

Welcome to Hicksville, West Virginia. Where they approve of cousins acting like Haruka and Michiru.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

And the English dubbing was trying to cover up the lesbianism between those two. Instead, they just made it even more disturbing.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

You just can't cover them up. It was so blatantly obvious they love each other as partners/lovers. ♥
Old 10-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah the dub is really bad. That is why I only watch the sub now.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow awesome thread, the iranians pretty much change the entire storyline of cartoons they show, it was recently discovered that theyhadnt shown the ending to a cartoon they dubbed a few years ago.

I dont remember the name of it but there was this cartoon we watched when I was a kid about a boy trying to findhis mother and apparently he finds her in the end of the series but since the mothersdrawing wasnt 'dressed appropriately' they sensored t out so after months of following the series us poor kids thought the cartoon character never met his mother and we grew up believeing that people were pissed when we finally found out how it was supposed to end

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
s e r e n i t y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! I'd probably believe that too if they just stopped airing it. I don't know what cartoon you're referring to since I've never heard of that storyline (do you know if it originated from the US?).
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have ... no idea Im gonna have to ask a few friends cause I dont remember the cartoon all that well, they changed the ending to a lot of cartoons this one apparently angered a lot of Iranians though when they found out cause it had made them very upset as kids

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
s e r e n i t y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread