Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

I actually had someone come up to be and say "they are not lesbians they are cousins."
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I just told myself that they were only pretending to be cousins. It's pretty obvious that they weren't.

I can't think of many cousins who constantly hold hands like they do.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I know what you mean.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I just told myself that they were only pretending to be cousins. It's pretty obvious that they weren't.

I can't think of many cousins who constantly hold hands like they do.
My guess is if they are little kids, it'll probably make more sense than if they were teenagers. But I guess the way the two hold hands.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Does dubbing the music count for this?

because i was re-watching the first season of Digimon. I have the english dub on dvd and i decided to watched the sub just to see the differences. And the music was the first thing..a lot of the time, the japanese music would take the scene to a whole other level; adding so much more emotion to it

and it bugged me...the english dub....Puppetmon is holding a gun while he's chasing TK around but doesn't do anything with it(if you haven't seen the show, TK is like 7-8yr old then). In the japanese original, Puppetmon actually fires the gun at him several times
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Dubbing music does count.

You think the whole Puppetmon thing was bad? In the original Yu-Gi-Oh, there are several instances (Pegasus' guards, Bandit Keith) were holding out guns but 4Kids decided to edit it out so that they're just pointing.

Someone on the internet joked that it could possibly be invisible guns.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart (View Post)
Does dubbing the music count for this?

because i was re-watching the first season of Digimon. I have the english dub on dvd and i decided to watched the sub just to see the differences. And the music was the first thing..a lot of the time, the japanese music would take the scene to a whole other level; adding so much more emotion to it

and it bugged me...the english dub....Puppetmon is holding a gun while he's chasing TK around but doesn't do anything with it(if you haven't seen the show, TK is like 7-8yr old then). In the japanese original, Puppetmon actually fires the gun at him several times
Really? I didn't know he did that.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 PM
New Fan

I agree. I actually prefer subs.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

There are a few animes where I don't like the Sub but most of the time they are better.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Which anime is that (the one you don't like the sub)?

I haven't seen the original version of Inu Yasha but I've read in places that Kagome's voice is way more high pitched than the original. dubbed!

Last edited by Lain; 08-15-2010 at 03:26 PM
Old 08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I know Fruits Basket and Lupin the 3rd are not as funny in Sub as they are in Dub.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

I heard of Lupin the 3rd since they used to air it on Adult Swim here. I think sometimes when it comes between original vs. dubbing, there are some cultural aspects that people in Japan would catch on as opposed to most of the western world (The whole Ash from Pokemon holding a sandwich in the English version as opposed to a riceball in the Japanese)
Old 08-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
I heard of Lupin the 3rd since they used to air it on Adult Swim here. I think sometimes when it comes between original vs. dubbing, there are some cultural aspects that people in Japan would catch on as opposed to most of the western world (The whole Ash from Pokemon holding a sandwich in the English version as opposed to a riceball in the Japanese)
Oh yeah. I know there is that too. I was just saying that is usually the only time when I prefer dub over sub.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, I'll watch two different episodes of both the English version (Greatest Capers Albatross Wings of Death - Lupin III special) and the Japanese version (pilot episode) of Lupin the III. Would've been easier if I found both versions of the one episode so I can compare it with more detail, but it's kind of hard to find navigating through YouTube. I'll give my two cents on it when I'm done.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Okay.