Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with Hulk definitely. I found it too long, and just...blah. I can't describe it. The tone just didn't work. I thought that the actors were fine, Jennifer Connely was good. But it just wasn't a good movie, IMO. And the ending "battle"? Crappy.

I'm on a comic book movie kick so...

Batman Forever - Talented cast, awful movie. I really, really hate the cartoonish, neon style that Gotham took in this movie. And I can't stand Robin. So that automatically brought the movie down in my eyes before I even saw it.

Batman & Robin - The less said about this one, the better. Basically feel the same about this one as I did Forever, only more so. Ugh.....I saw it in the theater and it was honestly one of the only times I wanted to walk out.

~Kat
Old 06-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Matrix 2&3 both movies were over dramtized and the fighting scenes and to overthight script made the plot hard to follow and over played they had a good thing and didn't know when to stop and ultimately ruined everything and nowthe movies are nothing but a big joke.
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Old 06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Dumb and Dumber: I absolutely hated this movie. it's the most disgusting crudest boringest movie ever.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

xXx - Why Vin, why? I know you're "Mr. Action Stud", but...WHY? I think the director was hoping that all the explosions would drown out the poorly-written dialogue.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 06-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions - both horrible, horrible movies. Boring, overlong and laughable. The fight scenes were ridiculous, especially the one with all the Agent Smiths - it went on for ages and was utterly pointless given that he could just fly off. And oh yes, the flying thing. Completely stupid. The new characters were terrible and I didn't care about them one bit. That awful sex scene - my eyes!! Ew.

And the worst thing about them was that they completely ruined all that was good about The Matrix. The sequels were pretentious crap whereas I really enjoyed the first movie. I'm going to pretend I never saw them and just imagine that The Matrix is where it all ended.

The Postman I refused to be defeated by this movie and sat all the way through it. It was of course a waste of 3 hours but I owed it t myself to watch it all the way through so I never have to again. Ridiculous premise, horrible "love" story and a stupid fight at the end with them wrestling around on the floor like a pair of big girls. Terrible.

Vanilla Sky A total waste of time. It was just so stupid, I don't mind Tom Cruise but he needs to stop making ridiculously self-indulgent movies. Really, really bad.

Kat | icon |
Old 06-06-2004, 11:33 AM
LMS
Part-Time Fan

Where do I start

I dislike a few of those "Mr President we have a crisis" type films. The worst of the genre that I've seen include Mars Attack and Deep Impact. I don't know what irks me about these films.

Woman on Top I can't stand Penelope Cruz so the chances of me enjoying the film were always slim. But this is one of the few films, I couldn't finish to the end. I think I managed the first 20 minutes

Lion King 2 I hate this sequel as much as I love the original. What were Disney thinking?

Pearl Harbor I remember all these people raving about how this had the saddest ending ever. Many films can get me to cry, but this film didn't move me at all. And I understand that Kate's character had trouble choosing between two gorgeous guys, I would, but she jumped from one to the other pretty quickly.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kat- I totally agree with Vanilla Sky. That movie was so boring and a waste of time and money.
My LJ
Old 06-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Laws of Attraction - Wrong casting, bad direction, bad writing, not a single truly funny scene. I thought that Pierce and Julianne regret being in it.

Troy - I'm sorry but despite the efforts it's a long and boring movie. Especially if, like I do, you already know the Iliad and the Odissey well enough to recognize all the mistakes they've done. And what was wrong with Brad Pitt? He could never change his face!

Photographs
Blog
Old 06-08-2004, 05:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LMS
Pearl Harbor I remember all these people raving about how this had the saddest ending ever. Many films can get me to cry, but this film didn't move me at all. And I understand that Kate's character had trouble choosing between two gorgeous guys, I would, but she jumped from one to the other pretty quickly.
I agree with this one completely.
It didn't move me at all. When someone can replace one guy with another that quickly, I start to doubt her feelings.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
quarterley- I totally agree with you on Bend it like beckham. I watched it last night because my sister rented it and thought it would be interesting to watch but it was just a big bore and I was right with you on saying " wtf" on most of the parts. I liked the actress Keira Knightley in Priates and in Love Actually but in this movie, I hated her character. She was annoying and whiney plus the whole getting mad at her friend over a guy she wasnt even with and said she didnt have feelings for was just stupid. This movie was just crap.

Matrix- I hate all of the movies. I dont see why so many people like it. I hate the slow motion they do in the films. It's like " get on with it, already". I noticed a few movies besides this does the same thing and they really shouldnt.

The Hulk- Very stupid and the effects werent that great. They could of done better.
Yay! You agree with me on Bend It Like Beckham! Part of the reason why Keira getting mad at her friend for stealing "her guy" and all that being extremely stupid was that the guy was um......SUPER BORING. I am not even sure if it's the character or the actor. He was just one big BORE with no charisma or anything likable at all and he had 2 hot girls fighting over him.

Matrix and Hulk were also stupid. When I watched the first Matrix, I thought it was okay but I didn't get most of it. But that was alright still cuz I liked some of the fight scenes and it was somewhat thought provoking. When I watched the second one, it was really only for the action stuff but they already overdid the slow motion crap and most other stuff were getting over the top. By the third one, I only watched to see how it would end. However, my sister and I ended up rolling in our seats with laughter for the most part. I'm sure some of the people in the theatre were like: and The problem with Hulk was um.....nobody cares about the hero because the hero was not a hero.....he was just a big guy smashing stuff.....so, yeah, failure. The only good part was when Josh Lucas died cuz it was so ridiculous, I laughed out loud in the theatre....again.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Sweet Home Alabama --- WHY?! This is the typical, cliche movie. Nothing unexpected happens, and that's okay because I really wasn't expecting any plot twists, but it was hardly funny. The characters were a bore, and after watching it I had a migraine.

The Matrix: Reloaded & Revolutions --- Awful. Just awful. The first movie was interesting and full of plot, but the second and third were horrible. Sequels are not necessary if they're going to be this bad.

xXx ---Why was this movie made? See, I don't even think that the director and producer(s) can answer that question.

I Love Trouble ---I think that Julia Roberts is great and everything, but even she couldn't save this piece of trash. I'd rather jump off a cliff then have to sit through that again.

The Truth About Charlie --- Blah. Just blah. Plus, it gave me a migraine about as bad as Sweet Home Alabama.

Crazy/Beautiful --- The reason why I didn't like this one is due to the fact that I saw huge potential here. Of couse, it didn't live up to it's potential. Besides, I usually like Kirsten Dunst but in this one I hated her.

Titanic --- Overrated. Definately overrated.

Last edited by Violet Blues; 06-11-2004 at 01:21 PM
Old 06-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Bend It Like Beckham - Well first of all I'm not a big fan of sport so i got so bored of that right away, but it just wasn't trustworthy.at all.

Crossroads - oh god, that movie just made me want to scratch out my eyes.Britney is evil and a poor actor.The script was just worthless and everything sucked.GAH!

Matrix Reloaded - Such a dissappointment if you compare to the first movie..I didn't even bother to go see the last one..
Avie: Isis2015
Old 06-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Little Nicky- Didnt get the whole idea of the movie

Moulan Rogue- Didn't get the idea of the movie, and it skiped around a lot

Chasing Liberty- Seemed like a fairy tail

Titanic- I thought it was boring
icon: xthebesthing
Old 06-24-2004, 06:07 AM
New Fan

Le Divorce - too all over the place. One second it's a lighthearted comedy, and the next second someone's slit their wrists. I was like WTF??

A Knight's Tale: So incredibly boring I thought I was going to die.

Sweet Home Alabama: Totally boring & predictable.

The Laws of Attraction: No point and, again, boring. And by two really good actors. Shame.

The Majestic: Jim Carrey in serious roles...my life really has come to an end.

Gigli: Insert your own joke here. I watched 20 minutes of it and then felt like I had to go take a shower.

Vanilla Sky: or as I like to call it, the "WTF IS GOING ON?!" movie.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

To the people who hated Vanilla Sky maybe you'll like the original "Abre los Ojos"/"Open your eyes" I liked Vanilla Sky.