Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Scary Move 3- Need I say more?

Signs- It was a great movie, but it scared the bejeezus outta me. And, it still does. For a week I wouldn't leave my room a night without carrying a glass of water with me.

...I liked Peter Pan...

Beyond Borders- It was an ok movie, just not one I'd rent twice.

I can't think of anymore, but I'll be back...
Anything but bother me.
It takes my pain away
Nevermind these are horrid times.
I can't let it bother me.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *CrazyTwistedGirl*
Scary Move 3- Need I say more?
Yes! What about Scary Movie 2? I thought that was worse than 3 - Chris Elliot was so disgusting and I usually, for some reason, like him ok.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

*hits floor laughing*

I totally know how many of you feel! Some of the movies you've suggested I really like, and some I'm right there with ya in the "worst movie EVER" category!

But I just have to thank everyone for being so respectful and understanding of people's differing opinions. That's really cool.

Carry on...

Oh, I've got another one - Nell. SO bad - my friends and I wound up laughing our butts off, especially during the trial scene and Liam Neesom translating Jodie Foster's dialect. We almost got thrown out of the theater but we couldn't help it - it was just appallingly awful. "Chick-a-bayeeee" *snerk*
Old 05-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't like em!

A Walk to Remember is horrible. It is a trite little story about a popular guy who is mean to the nerdy girl but sees behind the uncoolness to fall in love- yada yada yada. It's the same tired formula only it is acted badly and is complete cheese. And what REALLY made me mad was that they performed a musical set in the 1930s with pop songs from the late 90s! GRRR! And the ending was lifted from Here On Earth only done badly.

Moulin Rouge is also a crappalicious movie. The music is all ripped off and badly put together. You can't have Nirvana in a musical and Nicole Kidman could never NEVER steal Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend from the beautiful Marilyn Monroe. The acting isn't too good either; it is too stagey. I hate movies where the characters unrealistically fall in love at first sight. It is completely unbelievable. And the ending- that ending is horrible. I know people make fun of silent movies for being stagey and overly dramatic, but this movie's ending is far worse that most silent movies.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 05-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

I feel that there is an endless string of bad, bad Disney movie sequels that need to be addressed:

The Return of Jafar - What were they thinking? I don't even know how to breech the subject of how stupid this movie was. The third movie was better than this!

Cinderella 2 - Can we say blasphemous? How can you try to sequelize a classic like Cinderella? If they move on to Snow White, I'm collecting heads.

Return to Neverland - All I have to say is no...just...no. Terrible, terrible idea. I wonder if poor old J.M. Barrie is turning in his grave at how terrible.

Lady & the Tramp 2 - Again, let the classics remain CLASSICS.

These aren't all by any means, but I don't really feel like dissecting any more of them, because it's just wrong. There are just some things you shouldn't remake, and Disney films are in that group. The animation isn't the same, the voices aren't the same -- it's basically making a mockery of my childhood. The only Disney film that was successful as a sequel was made with Pixar and was called TOY STORY 2 -- everyone else? Stand in line for your Crappy Award. Eesh...

I didn't like A Walk to Remember either. Mandy Moore is a good actress, I think, but I just didn't like the movie. Can't stand Shane West, and if I'm alone in that, then bring on the solo-ness.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 05-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

There was a Cinderella 2? Where the heck have I been?

No - check that - thank goodness I didn't know!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
Signs - I really, really wanted to like this movie, I like Mel and Joaquin and Aliens
Funniest thing I ever read!
Old 05-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Total Fan

Titanic Leonardo DiCaprio + Kate Winslet = bad bad bad BAD combination.The way they killed Jack was so stupid.

Nagihan
Old 05-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Just thought of another one......

The Glass House

So, maybe some of you haven't even heard of this movie. Because it's one of those mediocre Fall releases. However, it's worth mentioning because it wasn't mediocre. It was extremely bad and insulting to the audience's intelligence. It starred Leelee Sobieski living in a glass house with her little brother and her foster parents apparently would like to kill her. This was supposed to be a thriller. But it was so bad that it was a comedy. Those of you who didn't get a really good laugh for years already should rent this just to let your heart work out from laughing. There were so many plotholes that didn't make sense I believe even a kid could point them out. Imagine watching this movie with a kid, the kid would say any or all of the following:

"Why is the doctor so dumb and yet she got to be a doctor?"
"Why did it take the girl so long to figure out her new parents are bad people?"
"How come this guy never dies after getting hurt so many times?"

Anyway, I heard Dreamcatcher is a hoot in the same way. Maybe someone can comment on it.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I hated Lost In Translations.

I just never could see the chemistry between the leads. I felt like that they were just two people who were incredibly bored and I was incredibly bored with them.

The female lead just got on my nerves so quickly...

All of my friends loved it. Gah...
"When a pony does a good deed, he gets a horn and he becomes a unicorn and poops out cotton candy until he forgets he’s magical and then his horn falls off. Black unicorns become zebras." - Brittany, Glee
Old 05-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Loyal Fan

The Matrix!

This movie was just one big bowl of BORING. And I do know people who were just gaga over how "brilliant" and "intriguing" it was. Blah, blah, BLAH!
Old 05-20-2004, 03:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love The Matrix, but since I'm thinking of it - The Matrix Revolutions.

A very disappointing end to what could've been one hell of a movie trilogy. It was all action, with little to no time given on the plot or character development. After such a great start, I hated to see it have such a weak ending.

~Kat
Old 05-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. Here goes.

Scary Movie 2. The first was brilliant, so apparently they decided to reuse the same jokes in different sitations, only no Bobby, so that's uncool. Lots of lame gags, though there were some funny bits.

A Walk to Remember. I hated the book, so knew I probably wouldn't like the movie, but they were both horrible in different ways.

Moulin Rouge. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Probably my biggest movie peeve. It's like they spent all the money on the costumes, set, and makeup, and didn't have any left for rewriting the script, getting a propar soundtrack, etc. The plot itself was horrible: "Love is the greatest thing ever! Only problem is, I've never been in love. Woe is me! Let's go out searching for love.*searches* Oh! You're so beautiful! I'm in love!"...."No, I can't fall in love!...oh, okay then. ohhh, we're so in love. Kiss kiss, snog snog." Their whole relationship seemed to be making out and telling each other how much they love each other. No getting to know each other or any of that "boring crap". Her sickness seemed like a last-ditch effort for drama. And ugh, the music. If you're going to set a movie in the 1800's, find some music that could have actually fit in.

Last edited by fetch; 05-23-2004 at 12:23 AM
Old 05-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Paycheck: I love Ben Affleck, but the plot confused me and I wasn't buying Uma Thurman as the love interest either.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 05-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moulin Rouge ~ I got suckered into renting this drivel b/c of all the hype. Man it was SO boring. The only thing I enjoyed was the way it looked. I'm not really a big fan of musicals & this certainly didn't help matter. I still don't quite get what all the fuss was about.