Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Moulin Rouge - Liked it the first and second time. Third time I watched it I, for the first time, really saw the main character chasing after a weeping, coughing-up-blood girl because he is "crazy" with love and was reminded of my father. Instant turn off. I ended up despising the main character and then hated all other aspects of the film. Ruining perfectly good songs. Wasn't "real" love, more like infatuation. All they did was make out and say "I love you."

Titanic - Complete drivel. Horrible acting from Leo and Kate and it was just *so* bad.

Gabrielle
Old 05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

At First Sight
It was so boring! I spent most of the movie in a hypnotic trance staring at the exit sign.

Happiness
The guy who directed Welcome to the Dollhouse, which I loved, directed it. This movie disgusted me to the point where my friend and I got up and left and I never leave movies. It just made me feel sick. Watching a movie where a man masturbates to pictures of little boys and then drugs and rapes his little son's friend was not funny or enjoyable. I think after the little boy told his parents he had a bloody BM I was ready to flee the theatre. I remember as I was leaving I wanted to turn to the other people in the theatre and tell them there was nothing funny about this film and it was sick and depraved... anyway I really loathed that movie.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

-all the scary movies were utter crap. stupid & not funny. except for that one line at the end of the first one - you know what sends people crazy, cancelling tv shows - or words to that effect.

the last samarai.
hated it, it was one of those movies you sit watching frustrated & annoyed at everything. i mean he killed her husband, he killed his brother, seriously, chop off his head is what they should of done, & then everyone died except....who? i wonder. tom cruise, who i normally like was so annoying. & that japanese guy, who was up for an oscar, was so boring.

silence of the lambs & the others - actually didn't bother seeing red dragon
boring, not scary, holding the shot alone does not create suspense okay, it just makes the movie longer. & hannibal lector? come on really.

spiderman
except for james franco - who is so hot, this movie was really boring. i love superhero movies but this one just didn't work, i'm not sure why, it just was like one beat beneath something, you know. x-men was great though - & i'll still go see spiderman 2
Old 05-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Scream 3- It could have been a better movie, but I thought there were too many holes in the story. Like, ohh, what's-her-face has a brother from her mothers' acting days and the long lost brother murdered all thesse people and coherced with all these other people. Uh-huh, right.

Torque- I watched this movie at my friends house. It was so fake. I was like "Uh-huh, cause that happens in real life." Heh, I'd watch it again, but it wasn't a high-quality movie. My brother liked it, go figure.

Master of Disguise- They made such a hissy fit about this move, and it wasn't even good! I hated it, thought it was stupid.

Phonebooth- I thought this was supposed to be a good movie! I love Colin Farrell, but this movie stunk.
Anything but bother me.
It takes my pain away
Nevermind these are horrid times.
I can't let it bother me.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Victorious
Happiness
The guy who directed Welcome to the Dollhouse, which I loved, directed it. This movie disgusted me to the point where my friend and I got up and left and I never leave movies. It just made me feel sick. Watching a movie where a man masturbates to pictures of little boys and then drugs and rapes his little son's friend was not funny or enjoyable. I think after the little boy told his parents he had a bloody BM I was ready to flee the theatre. I remember as I was leaving I wanted to turn to the other people in the theatre and tell them there was nothing funny about this film and it was sick and depraved... anyway I really loathed that movie.
Never heard of this but it certainly doesn't sound like a subject matter that could ever be funny.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by alli balli
I really couldn't stand Donnie Darko. It was like a David Lynch film for dopey teenagers who don't know who David Lynch is.
OMG! That is just too funny but I have to agree. I hated that movie. I don't know why, but it just irked me. I love dark movies, and that really was dark but i don't know, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

A Walk To Remember. I never saw the point of the movie. The book is even mediocre at best. The story was too predictable and the characters weren't really all that drawn out to me.

Moulin Rouge. Not only did they butcher a perfectly good Beatles song, but the movie just irked the hell out of me. It was too predicable and the acting was horrible. I hate Nicole Kidman, and this movie just fueled the hatred for her more.

Notting Hill. Whenever I watch it, I end up falling asleep. It's just too boring.

Scary Movie 3. I didn't laugh at all. It was just one lame joke after another. At least try to have a plot and make fun of something that's actually worth making fun of.

Ashley
Old 05-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

New one.
Moonlighjt Mile. I didn't even watch this till the end. Started seeing it with some friends on Friday. we kept going, "okay, if this is going to happen..." and then it did. His finacee' dies and three days later he falls in love with this new girl? And how, exactly? Ugh, that dancing scene. My friend said sarcasticlly, "he played her song." And hten he goes, "what did I do?"
"You played my song."
Ugh. So predictable, not to mentioned boring. Even Jake couldn't make us see the whole thing
Old 05-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Chicago is also a very very bad musical. I saw it thinking I'd like it; I love the 1920s and my aunt was raving about it. But no, this movie was terrible. The music dragged on and on. When Richard Gere's character dropped Roxy, I thought the movie was going to end. But nope, it just kept going and dragging. Really, some of the dance scenes might have been cool separately like a vaudville show, but together in a movie they sucked. Oh, and the movie is also historically inaccurate. Mary Pickford didn't cut her hair until 1929 when she played in Coquette (that was who was in the photo Roxy cut her hair after). But blonde hair didn't get popular until the 1930s with Jean Harlow. THAT was when the peroxide craze really started.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 05-26-2004, 01:41 PM
New Fan

Dances With Wolves is definately (sp?) the worst movie ever made to man. It was slow, pointless, stupid, and half of it wasn't even in english! I was forced to see it for the first semester of my us history class..which brings me to another movie.
Far and Away was really stupid too. Another forced in US history movie. I mean, the only good part was when I started laughing because Nicole Kidman lost her "Irish" accent halfway through.
They was terrible. TERRIBLE. Its supposed to be a horror movie. Its made by the same guy who did the Scream movies, which are some of the best movies known to anyone, but this just sucked. I'm not even going to get into it because I'll sit here all day talking about how dumb it was.
Darkness Falls came out around the same time as They. Ridiculously stupid? Yes. Like it was in the previews? Hell No.

..thats all I can think of now! But knowing me, I'll probably be back tonight posting about other bad movies.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Firstly, I have to say this because Titanic is my absolute favorite movie--if you don't like it, that's fine, but you cannot say that Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet were horrible in it. They were great. Anyone else wouldn't have worked.

And I also feel I must stick up for Moulin Rouge, because I love it too. It's a movie you either love or hate, no in-between. It's out there and if you don't like stuff like that then you probably won't like MR. And also . . . right in the beginning, it says "This is a story about love." If you don't want to hear about love then that was kind of a warning.

Okay. Moving on.

I hate, hate, hate Shrek. A disgusting, crude, obnoxious ogre with a fake Scottish accent. How delightful to watch. NOT. If the Shrek character wasn't in the movie, then maybe I would like it. Similarly, I went and saw Shrek 2 but only because Puss in Boots looked so cute. Hated the second movie, though not as much as the first.

I also hate Spider-Man. I don't understand the big deal about this movie. It's all special effects and hardly any acting.

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

how much do I hate Notting Hill? GOD. First of all, could it *be* any longer? I was three hours in and I was like "you know what, f-ck this," and turned it off. Second, Julia Roberts? So very annoying. and her character was so selfish and idiotic and just bitch, please. God, I hated this movie. It fills me with incoherency. Notting Hill sucks. It's not romantic, it's not funny, it's not entertaining, and somehow it manages to suck, blow, and bite all at the same time.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
The only Disney film that was successful as a sequel was made with Pixar and was called TOY STORY 2
Then you probably don't want to hear about Disney wanting to make Toy Story 3 without Pixar? I sure hope that is just a rumor.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I absolutely loathed The Mummy Returns. I don't know why I still remember it, but it was just horrible. The whole "another life" plotline, and their son running around tombs annoyed me to no end. I remember them flying in that machine up in the sky and thinking, "this is so freakin stupid." The first Mummy was alright, since it had a scary aspect to it. But the sequel. Ick.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Here on Earth

Another unbelievably retarded movie starring Leelee Sobieski. I have nothing against the actress. Just don't understand why she often chooses stupid scripts. In this movie, Leelee Sobieski cheats on Josh Hartnett by having an affair with Chris Klein but nobody knows why. It was like suddenly they are together. They also like to recite poetry. God. She has also has cancer. My God. He's also a jerk who abandons her time after time and yet we are supposed to think their relationship is so romantic and all. Oh My Dear God. I almost got sick in the stomach watching the ending.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chippewa Falls Dawson
if you don't like it, that's fine, but you cannot say that Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet were horrible in it. They were great.
Actually..they can. If its a reason why they dont like the film, and it is for me.

Other films I'm not too fussy over..

Gladiator..I wanted to like this film, I really did. I love Joaquin Phoenix. But I couldnt stand Russell Crowe. And I certainly didnt understand how anyone else could like it..but eh..whatever

Star Wars episodes 1 and 2 The highly anticipated return of Star Wars was probably more enjoyable than actually watching them. I think Hayden could be a good actor (I enjoyed him in Life as A house) but I dont enjoy him in these movies. I'm not looking forward to episode 3 at all.

The 6th Sense...boring as hell, and for me, predictable. I have no idea why people enjoyed it so much. Plus, that kid annoys me.

Love, Actually..I thought I would love this film for the story, and plus, it had alot of actors in it that I really enjoy. But I was sitting in the theatre..and the stories didnt click for me. I dont even know how to explain it..they just didnt work.

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Closed Thread   Post New Thread