Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with the Star Wars prequels.

I don't think they're horrible, but compared to the original, they're not the best, IMO. The story is there, but the execution, character development and interaction are all poor. Too much time spent on effects, not enough on the actual plot of the films. Sometimes I don't even think Lucas watched his original work when he decided to do these.

~Kat
Old 05-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
New one.
Moonlighjt Mile.
Oh my GOD. I can't believe I forgot this one. It looked like this perfect movie - Susan Sarandon and Dustin Hoffman! 2 of my favorite actors! Jake Gyllenhaal, who's really hot!

And then I watched it and it sucked. So freaking boring. 30 minutes of that movie feels like 3 hours. And the romance with the bar-girl was ridiculous. And she looked like an even uglier version of Renee Zellweger. Horrible, horrible movie.

I also didn't like Shrek, so ditto to whoever said that. I didn't hate it, persay, but there were only about 3 things in the entire movie that I found particularly funny.

I love Moulin Rouge. But it's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it deal.

icon credit
Old 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Agree about the Star Wars sequels and Matrix Revolutions.

Also, blech on Moulin Rouge.

The Truth About Charlie - Oh my goodness. There were like six people in the theatre. By the end, it was just me and my two friends. It was so boring and didn't make sense at all.

Someone Like You - I adore Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman... But this movie suuuuucked. Terrible, predictable writing.

Harry Potter - My Harry-obsessed friends forced me to watch this. I lasted about half an hour before I wanted to bash my brains in. I just don't understand the hype. *Ducks*
Old 05-31-2004, 02:40 AM
Banned

Dont say a word- dunno but the film just lacked sumthin really badly
Panic room- again with the lack
Harry potter- i think its not abd but i agree with you i dontt see what the big deal is n lotta stuff reminds me of lotr.
The others- the twist was not bad but over all it just didnt do it
Old 05-31-2004, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

A Walk To Remember I really wanted to see this movie because of the nice things I had heard about it ... and I'm just a big sap who usually likes that kind of movies. But what a dissapointment. Sure, it was kinda cute. But that was all that can be said. Completely predictable, not even close to original, just lam-o ... and really, the chemistry between those two main characters wasn't amazing.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Gladiator - Hate it. I can't stand Russel Crow, and I think I fell asleep a few times when I was watching it.

Godfather - Fine, so everyone says it's a classic. Is there a guy who doesn't like those movies? I guess I just don't like that sort of movies, and the characters irritated me to hell.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

Gothika - It had a good storyline with excellent twists. It just wasnt scary as everyone had said it was. I think they also dragged it out as much as they could which so wasnt neccessary.

Intolerable Cruelty - This movie was so stupid. It's plot was pathetic and wasnt funny. To me it wasnt a romanric comedy as it was described. Catherine and George didnt have any chemistry between them at all.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Scary Movie 3 - I watched it for half an hour and had to shut it off because is was so bad. I seriously did not laugh one single time while watching it. This is seriously one bad non-funny movie.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

Oh! Scarey movie 3 brings back memories i went to se it when i was really really drunk. I remember just tryin to keep myself awake the whole time n it was just really lame
Old 05-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

School of Rock - I thought it was funny but when i watched it was just too boring.

America's Sweetheart -was too dull. Didn't have a lot of chemistry between Julia and John Cusack. It wasn't funny either. Just a really dumb movie.

Le Divorce -just dragged on. Hated the story.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Gladiator I agree...

Stuck On You Ok, maybe it is not too bad, but I fell asleep during the movie and woke up, but fell right back asleep...
The movie was dumb anyways...
It was unrealistic...

Gigli By Jenifer Lopez and Ben Affleck...
It totally had no story to it...
It was so boring...
B/c they were a couple, they acted so unnatural !!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree with School of Rock. I don't know why it got such hype; it really seems like kind of a Kingergarten Cop only about music but the whole premise is still the same. Too many movies glorify the music of the 60s and 70s. It gets annoying. Plus, Jack Black wasn't all that funny in this movie. They say never make a movie with kids or animals. In the case of this movie, the kids seemed to make it be doomed.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 06-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

New York Minute - good god, how did i get dragged into watching this movie, it was soo bad, and the olsen twins should really stick to straight-to-video movies. it was just a "Ferris Bueller" rip-off.

Any Hilary Duff movies - i simply do not like her acting skill, if you can call it that. the films she choose to make are not very good, and with her new movie Cinderella-something, the continuation of bad movies continue.

Napoleon Dynamite: [referring to Deb's milk] I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
Old 06-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Cheaper by the Dozen ~ It was fine to start with, but as soon as they moved to the big city, everyone and everything changed. The system that they had for getting things together in the morning disappeared. The family quit working together, even though they had been doing just that only a day earlier. It just wasn't realistic.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

quarterley- I totally agree with you on Bend it like beckham. I watched it last night because my sister rented it and thought it would be interesting to watch but it was just a big bore and I was right with you on saying " wtf" on most of the parts. I liked the actress Keira Knightley in Priates and in Love Actually but in this movie, I hated her character. She was annoying and whiney plus the whole getting mad at her friend over a guy she wasnt even with and said she didnt have feelings for was just stupid. This movie was just crap.

Matrix- I hate all of the movies. I dont see why so many people like it. I hate the slow motion they do in the films. It's like " get on with it, already". I noticed a few movies besides this does the same thing and they really shouldnt.

The Hulk- Very stupid and the effects werent that great. They could of done better.
My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread