Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

i saw it today. I loved it. It's my fav out of the 3. The only storyline I didn't like was Rogue's...pretty much for the same reasons as everyone else lol. But aside from that i loved it!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, there is a lot of Jean....but, hello! The main focus of the third movie is her and the cure. haha. So it's expected. I don't mind it either. I love Jean. Her and Wolverine are my favs. Well, them and Rogue. I adore her and Anna P. I wish she was in this film more than boring Kitty. haha. Oh well. And ty for posting what happened after the end credits. I'll have to stay to watch that scene next time I go see the movie.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie
Wow, Box Office Mojo estimates that X3 had the second-highest opening day with $44.1 million (I'll assume it's slightly lower though), second only to Episode III. I wonder if this also includes midnight screenings.
Hmm thats interesting, and a pretty good amount.
My LJ
Old 05-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

glad it's doing great. although i think it was obvious it would.

oh! another thing i liked in the movie! a stan lee cameo again!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart
oh! another thing i liked in the movie! a stan lee cameo again!
Don't forget the god of Marvel writers Chris Claremont also makes a cameo too as the Lawnmower Man right before Lee's scene.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
Im going to be sad if they dont do another one because I really want Gambit in the film.
I thought this was to be the final one........but then there's the Wolverine spin-off. I would love to see Gambit too!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wow, Box Office Mojo estimates that X3 had the second-highest opening day with $44.1 million (I'll assume it's slightly lower though), second only to Episode III. I wonder if this also includes midnight screenings.

It does include the midnight showings.

Love your avie Rainstorm18.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
I thought this was to be the final one........but then there's the Wolverine spin-off. I would love to see Gambit too!
Yeah I heard rumors on a Wolverine spin-off too. I just dont understand why they couldnt fit in Gambit in the films. I know with the whole romance between Bobby/Rogue was going on, but in this film I could of seen Gambit introduced especially with Rogue looking all lonely in the film most of the time. Ah well

Gambit221- Thanks! love your screenname. Im just a HUGE Gambit fan
My LJ
Old 05-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Well I just got back from seeing it and I liked it. I think I liked X2 better, but this one was better than X1 for sure and the effects and storyline were both awesome.

They really seemed to bring this one home for the ending, killing off a huge portion of the cast and I thought it really suffered in the ending battle. It just wasn't the same with Scott there and I'm not even a fan of him. The whole ending scene with Logan/Jean just seemed wrong to me, it should have been Scott/Jean ending it, and again, not even a fan of that pairing, but it works.

I realize that James Marsden had obligations to film Superman Returns and thus didn't get alot of screentime in this film, but what was Anna Paquin's excuse? Rouge has always been a huge character in these films and she just seemed MIA for most of this one. Her choice was definatly in character, but also a huge decision and I wish we would have seen her struggle with it just a little bit more.

I was also a little pissed at the whole Kitty/Bobby/Rouge triangle. It didn't really make alot of sense to set up Kitty/Bobby and then him ultimatly be with Rouge in the end, or at least that's how it was shot to look. Not that I'm really a fan of either couple though, but it would have been nice to give a little shoutout to Kitty/Peter fans since they're quiet popular in the comics, or at least they were when I used to read them back in the Excalibur days.

I love Jean and she's possibly my fave X-man, and for the most part I liked her role in this film but I really longed to see her totally Phoenix out, flying up into the air and having the flames do the Phoenix symbol. I just think that's pretty classic Phoenix and we missed out on that. Of course the movie's explanation for the Phoenix force was quiet different from the comics, no alien entity but more the extent of Jean's powers.

I hope there is an X4 just because I felt like this movie added more questions than it did tie up loose ends in the trilogy.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Rogue needs a man who's not off ice skatin with some like 10 year old girl.

Seriously. That would be nice. I mean I love Bobby and Iceman but come on. Making that rink for Kitty, that was pretty darn romantic. I'd of killed him if that was my bf.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

I actually did not enjoy the movie much. I felt it was incredibly over-hyped...and I can't pin-point where it went wrong...but, the last ending was cheesy and unnecessary...and I'm mad that I stayed through the (long) credits to see that.

kenny | credit
Old 05-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Loyal Fan

So, I've heard and read the VP of FOX (Tom Rothman) hates this franchise. IMO, it's an interesting read, albeit long and was written about a year before X3's release (meaning slightly outdated ie. Maggie Grace as Kitty Pride), which explains why Singer wasn't back at the helm for X3.

It pisses me off because imagine how much more awesome this could've been if they had given Singer and his crew the leverage and support a la Sony and Spiderman as the article mentions - also, makes me wish someone other than FOX distributed it.

The one of many things that bugged and didn't mention this in my original review was that the Phoenix storyline blew. huge. chunks. The film reduced it to schizophrenia or a similar personality disorder. I'm all for artistic and creative leeways, so long as they make sense but the Phoenix arc was one of the more important arcs. Sounds harsh, but do it right - or don't bother doing it all. Don't half-arse it...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That's really good. At least I think so I still view that kind of cash to be a lot.

FOX is evil, I tell you, evil I'll go and read the article ASAP
Old 05-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. I liked all the new characters. I wish there had been more scenes with Angel in it though.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 05-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Passionate Fan

If there is an X-Men 4 I hope they do give Rogue more to do. Not her stealing Mary Marvel's powers but something that does not make Rogue a villian. Maybe the super strength and the flying being a part of her powers being expanded.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread