Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 02:28 PM
New Fan

I just got back from seeing it. Not really crazy about it, but I wasn't entirely that disappointed as I thought I was going to be either.

I liked the new characters expect for Kitty. I thought the character was weak and her screen time was wasted as fuller time which was sad because Ellen Page seemed she would have been a good actress if she had been given a chance. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed Kelsey Grammer, Vinnie Jones, Eric Dane ( he is so hot!) and Ben Foster, though I was disappointed they didn’t use Ben more. I think he is a great actor and would have been a great asset to the story if he had been used more.

Very disappointed with how Rogue was handled for such a strong and important character in the X-Men universe they didn’t act like she mattered much. Somehow I thought her storyline was going to have more depth to it like the on-going internal struggle she goes through in the comics. I really happy they finally did something with Halle Berry and Famke Janssen, who I haven’t been fond of, their characters seemed so weak and out of place in the last two movies this was a really nice change of pace for them.

Overall I don’t think it was that bad of a movie considering Brett Ratner didn’t have that much time to pull his stuff together from Matthew Vaughn dropping out at the last possible minute, but it still could have been better.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie
I hear you. I'm so itching about talking about the details but since people haven't seen it.... Although Rogue is so powerful, she's the most defenseless in a way too. She has no control over her power and she gets their essence and thoughts inside her and it must take a strong mind to keep those voices at bay At least that's my take on her powers.
Itching is a good word... yes I am itching to go into detail too. It's driving me nearly insane. lol.

And I just have to correct myself from my previous post or all those years of Journalism have failed me.

I meant think* not thing. lol.

But I must say that Iceman was my favorite part of the movie. I will explain why when we're allowed to go into detail I guess.

*explodes*
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
Itching is a good word... yes I am itching to go into detail too. It's driving me nearly insane. lol.

And I just have to correct myself from my previous post or all those years of Journalism have failed me.

I meant think* not thing. lol.

But I must say that Iceman was my favorite part of the movie. I will explain why when we're allowed to go into detail I guess.

*explodes*
*explodes with you* Don't you think we could like... make a new thread for deeper discussion or anything? I'm exploding for not writing details. Seriously It's like... torture. X3 deserves some good nice discussion

It'll be interesting to see why Iceman was your favourite part of the movie *awaits details*
Old 05-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just got back from seeing the movie, and wow!

Heres my thoughts in spoiler tags

Spoiler:
My LJ
Old 05-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Oh yea I forgot we can do that white spoiler thingy. lol...

Spoiler:
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Total Fan

Hi! I just got back from seeing the movie. It was disappointing in some ways, but I loved to see the new characters that were just introduced in this part of the series. I'm really, reallly wanting to go into detail but everyone would kill me for making spoilers...

Anyway, I came here with another motive. I just started an X-Men RP on the Role Play board on FanForum and wanted to recruit fellow X-Men geeks like myself.

Evolution | An Alternate Universe X-Men
Old 05-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw it twice already..............................it was really good, but did have things I didn't like. I loved the addition of Beast and Angel, they just stole my And I also loved seeing Bobby fully become Iceman, that was awesome!
Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Aww man the idea of an X-Men RP had me all excited. But I don't do the ones where you MYOC.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
Aww man the idea of an X-Men RP had me all excited. But I don't do the ones where you MYOC.
It isn't a MYOC RP. I just wanted people to fill out profiles for whichever X-Men character they choose. Some people have only seen the cartoon or the movies so they wouldn't know who the more obscure characters are. The profiles are so everyone knows the characters in play.
I'd love it if you'd join
Old 05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just got back from seeing it!!! i loved it!!! the movie was awesome!! bobby, pyro, and angel were so hot!!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 05-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel In Hell
It isn't a MYOC RP. I just wanted people to fill out profiles for whichever X-Men character they choose. Some people have only seen the cartoon or the movies so they wouldn't know who the more obscure characters are. The profiles are so everyone knows the characters in play.
I'd love it if you'd join
I mean like there was a diff pic of Jean Grey than the actual one who plays her. And i saw something about Jessica Alba... far as I know she wasn't in it. lol. I only do the ones where you play the characters and the characters are as they were in the films. hard to explain i guess.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, I guess I'm the only one who was not dissapointed at all! HAHA. The movie was everything I wanted it to be and I <3'd it so much! Jean/Wolverine in this movie, well, not wanting to spoil....but the writers did good w/this story in this movie. I'd been waiting for some of the J/W stuff since the first movie. I do wish they would have used Rogue more too though. I do adore Anna and she should have been featured more over Kitty. All in all, amazing movie!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

i have to wait until tomorrow to see it. And it IS going to be tomorrow, i'm not waiting anymore
Old 05-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel In Hell
I'm really, reallly wanting to go into detail but everyone would kill me for making spoilers...[/URL]
Ooo you should, I wont get mad if you go into details and to make it safe, I would put it in spoiler tags if you know how to do that.
My LJ
Old 05-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

all i have to say is, damn you brett ratner, damn you and damn you brian singer for shafting xmen for superman....gah!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread