Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Rogue is pretty adament about wanting to touch people. Will she take it? Well I won't ruin it but it's an interesting storyline.
A story line which was too little used in the movie. At least I think they could've given it a bit more time and screen time. It started out good but it was ended too quickly.

Quote:
It's a shame they don't utilize Anna Paquin and Rogue more.
Amen
Old 05-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha latte
Wow... I guess I'm the only one who was disappointed? And as someone who saw X2 4 times in the theatre... Maybe I'm just crazy.

I guess I was expecting something different. Don't want to spoil anyone so I'll wait to post my comments.
You're not the only one. My entire party at the midnight showing last night was disappointed.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mana*
You're not the only one. My entire party at the midnight showing last night was disappointed.
Yeah. The movie was sort of disappointing, but it did give me some good material to work with when it comes to fan fictions and working on theories. Especially when it comes to Rogue and Magneto... perhaps not together but as characters. It's easy to correct the mistakes of X3 since they were so obvious
Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emelie
Especially when it comes to Rogue and Magneto... perhaps not together but as characters. It's easy to correct the mistakes of X3 since they were so obvious
Well, that's one positive thing I can take away from the movie tomorrow night then, as Magneto and Rogue are my two favorite characters (followed by Wolverine).

~Kat
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
Well, that's one positive thing I can take away from the movie tomorrow night then, as Magneto and Rogue are my two favorite characters (followed by Wolverine).
Exactly. Even though the script didn't give them exact justice the actors made such a wonderful job with their characters that you can see so much of them that writing them becomes not easy, but extremely joyful. I started a fic this morning and I've written soo much.

I babbel a lot about this movie but.... even though it was slightly bad Magneto and Rogue were so amazing that I can talk about Anna's and Ian's performances forever.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mana*
Wow our theatre clapped at the end!

I guess it depends, everyone will have a different opinion on the movie. I agree that Rogue, who's one of my faves, was grossly underused in this movie. I didn't like how she wasn't involved with any action at all. I wish Gambit had been in this movie, I know many are split with him but I think Rogue's story would've been so much better with him in it.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01
Wow our theatre clapped at the end!

I guess it depends, everyone will have a different opinion on the movie. I agree that Rogue, who's one of my faves, was grossly underused in this movie. I didn't like how she wasn't involved with any action at all. I wish Gambit had been in this movie, I know many are split with him but I think Rogue's story would've been so much better with him in it.
I wish I he had been in the movie as well, mainly because I've heard good things about him and it would be nice to see someone else than Bobby to take an interesting in Rogue, but that's just me
Old 05-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

storm rocked in this one though!!!
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 05-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01
I saw the midnight screening yesterday, I loved it!

Okay, so first off, the script is weak. I warn you guys, there's some BAD dialogue in some parts of the movie. That said, the cast does what it can with the dialogue and all the characters kick major butt in the film.

The plot is simple, a cure is introduced that is found in a small boy and they want to make it available to the public. Magneto takes it to mean they're forcing the cure on them and declares war upon the humans. Meanwhile Scott/Cyclops keeps hearing Jean in his head and goes back to the lake. And yes the Phoenix is introduced and that whole storyline is handled pretty well (but VERY differently from the comics). In some ways, I prefer the movie's explanation for why Jean has these powers.

The new mutants are alright. Among the strong ones are Beast and Juggernaut, the weaker ones would be Kitty Pryde and Archangel (who does barely anything in the movie). The film is more fast paced than the 2nd one but IMO, just as good. Halle Berry has a much bigger part in this movie which should make some people happy. Of course, not all the mutants on Xavier's side are against the cure, Rogue is pretty adament about wanting to touch people. Will she take it? Well I won't ruin it but it's an interesting storyline.

As for the romance, well I assumed Bobby was going to cheat on Rogue, turns out Kitty is not a threat to their romance at all. Jean Grey & Wolverine steal the love scene, and Famke Janssen does a great job of showing how confused and scared Jean is of this power she can't control.

I really enjoyed, I recommend that people see it. I know there's been a lot of complaints about the mutant development by some critics but I think they handle most of it well.
thanks for your review Liz. i'm going to see the movie today so i'm glad to hear you liked it.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

getting mixed reviews here and in school today

i still plan on seeing it. even if i won't like it, at least i know the effects are great lol
Old 05-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
What the crap was that?
Yes! My thoughts exactly.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't go see it or anything. It just sucks that I got all excited after waiting 3 years for this and was personally let down. I guess it was a good movie in theory, I just didn't like it.

When the credits rolled last night, the entire theatre of (enthusiastic) fans was dead quiet. A few people clapped but everyone else just sat there like... "That's it?" And that's a weird thing to happen at a midnight showing where all the diehards are...

So I guess I should use spoiler tags because I really want to talk about this movie...
Old 05-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

At the theatre I was in, everyone clapped after the credits. But it wasn't like after a Star Wars movie or a Harry Potter movie where people were clapping insanely for 5 minutes straight. It was like half a second of miserable quiet claps. Like "YEA... okay lets go home."

But I was SO disappointed in what they did to Rogue. SO disappointed. I've always considered her the most powerful X-Man and they so could have used her. A woman with the ability to touch you and take on your powers I mean COME ON. I can thing of a person or 2 she should have rubbed elbows with.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im off to see X-Men 3 now Be back later for feedback on the movie.
My LJ
Old 05-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
At the theatre I was in, everyone clapped after the credits. But it wasn't like after a Star Wars movie or a Harry Potter movie where people were clapping insanely for 5 minutes straight. It was like half a second of miserable quiet claps. Like "YEA... okay lets go home."

But I was SO disappointed in what they did to Rogue. SO disappointed. I've always considered her the most powerful X-Man and they so could have used her. A woman with the ability to touch you and take on your powers I mean COME ON. I can thing of a person or 2 she should have rubbed elbows with.
I hear you. I'm so itching about talking about the details but since people haven't seen it.... Although Rogue is so powerful, she's the most defenseless in a way too. She has no control over her power and she gets their essence and thoughts inside her and it must take a strong mind to keep those voices at bay At least that's my take on her powers.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait to see this movie, I wanted to go today but I had so much stuff to do it would've been impossible. lol I'm gonna definitely try to go sometime this weekend, I actually don't know what to expect but from what I've heard it's pretty good so, I'll probably like it. & I'll definitely post my thoughts on the movie after I see it