Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Saw Stargate on the sundance channel again last night. I like this movie. There are some pretty minor plot holes that set up the ultra scary introduction of Ra and his guards, but other than that, good movie. I don't really like James Spader, he's just too wierd for me, but I liked ihm in this movie, he looks just like a nerdy scientist. Kurt Russell was also good, he plays the life-long soldier badass pretty well, without being typcast (he was also good in Miracle).
Solid Movie. B

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
Old 06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Total Fan

Yesterday I watched the Spongebob Squarepants Movie twice with my son. It is really cute. He watches it every day. He is in the bedroom watching it right now actually.

And I watched Without A Paddle again last night My BF wanted to watch it because he didn't get to see it when I watched it the other day. I just love that movie. Need to buy it.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Batman Begins- I hate to say it but I really didn't care for this movie. I will say that I did think Christian Bale did a good job as Bruce Wayne/Batman and also Liam Neeson. Why was Katie Holmes in this film? IMO she was useless and just taking up space.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Prey for Rock n Roll - I saw it for Marc Blucas, he was good in this. Odd character for him but I liked it. I'm a big Gina Gershon fan and the movie grew on me as it went on but something's missing... It's an okay movie.

The Human Stain - Yeah it's boring, ahhhhhh, I don't know. After it ends you just dont' care, not that I cared anyway but.... Oh well.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ I was disapointed by the Human Stain as well, but whatever, I love Ed Harris so I didn't care.

I saw Million Dollar Baby on a plane and was an instant fan. I really love that movie even though I am by no means into boxing. I hope Hilary and Clint make another movie together. I loved their scenes.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

'the deal'...a film about oil and politics....starring christian slater and selma blair.....all in all a pretty good political thriller...but the plot was kind of preposterous.......

the united states has been at war, in the middle east, for 3 years with the confederated arab states....the price of gasoline has gone up to $6.50 a gallon in new york city.....and all sorts of shady deals are being made to get the oil to the consumers at the pump.........

now isn't that an unbelievable idea???....or is it??

Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Supreme Fan

I saw Cinderella Man last week. Russell Crowe is very good, the story was a bit maudlin, supposed to be uplifting, but I thought is was too manipulative. I don't care for Rene Zellweger, so her character didn't do anything for me.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Rain Man. Excellent movie! I loved it. Dustin & Tom worked SO great together. I want to watch it again!

Chasing Liberty. Meh. I usually like Mandy Moore movies, but this wasn't very interesting. lol There have just been so many President's daughter movies. But atleast the leading guy was attractive, so it kept my attention... most of the time.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Coach Carter - Loved it. It seemed like it dragged on in some parts, but I liked it anyway. I thought all the actors did really well, and I got really into it. It was great.

Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Conner brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one, annoy like the wind!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

amnityville horror- pretty good! the lines were actually funny with the evil character instead of being corny all the time.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

'heights'.....surprising good......recommended.....in "art houses" hardly anywhere.....glenn close, elizabeth banks and james marden star....

the lives of a number of different people lving in new york city intertwine within a 24 hour period...

Based on a play by Amy Fox (yet avoiding staginess by shooting on-location), "Heights" possesses a rich affection for the theatre and so hinges on the performances of its actors. Playing a diva who neither feels nor acts her age, Close, in a casting coup, here portrays a caricature, perhaps, of herself. Juxtaposed against this veteran are the endearingly sweet Banks, who looks as if she could be Close's daughter, and the effectively brooding Marsden.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Batman Beginnings: Umm....excellent but what can I say? I'm easily pleased when it comes to movies. Nah really, it gave the whole Batman/Bruce Wayne thing a lot more depth and heart. This time Batman didn't seem comical which was good. I loved the back story. Definitely a movie to watch again and again.
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
Old 06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I finally got around to seeing Star Wars last week, and it totally rocked. I wasn't expecting much since the other two prequels sucked (IMO), so I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sin City - brutal and brilliant. Great cast, especially Benicio Del Toro, he was really different and Elijah freaks me out.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Troy- didnt care much for it... well acted but way too much fighting for my taste, although me and my friends had some fun predicting what was going to happen next, sadly we were almost always right

Hitch- a new twist on romantic comedies, IMO, it was cute, Will Smith was perfect to play "The Date Doctor"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread