Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
mukooh - is that a remake of the US film, Daddy Long Legs (a movie I despised by the way - the Fred Astaire/what's-her-name-French-girl-I-can't-recall-but-has-a-"C"-chick version).

???...........
Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

shrrshrr - i was the one who posted about Daddy long legs .

i am not sure if its a remake or a korean version coz i've never seen the fred astaire one.

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Shrr, thanx a bunch for bumping up the Asian thread (so I don't have to post my Asian ramblings on the horror thread...I think ) I'm gonna post it up later on...right now, doing my column for RAW *runs off*
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***isy***
hey i found this while browsing for the times for A history of violence

New Beverly Cinema at Beverly Blvd, LA will be showing (start dates):

2046 on Oct 12

Chungking Express on OCt 14

Oldboy and Sympathy for Mr Vengeance on Oct 16

i would love to see 'chungking express' on the big screen........but i have a feeling i'm going to be in reno, nevada that week.....oh well.....i've seen the other 3 films on the big screen of a theater...there's just something about seeing them in a theater as compared to a dvd, at home, on a television...no matter what the size of the television....
Old 10-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***isy***
shrrshrr - i was the one who posted about Daddy long legs .

i am not sure if its a remake or a korean version coz i've never seen the fred astaire one.
It's because you posted images and mukooh usually does that! Hee!
And yes, it's a remake of that film (which is a remake, itself). It can't possibly be worse than the Fred Astaire version, and the actors look charming together in the poster, so I might try and find it (as opposed to Fred Astaire and Leslie Caron who by that time demonstrated WAY too much of an age difference. It was creepy).

angel boogiepop - oh, actually this thread is pretty active and usually stays on the first or second page of the board, but I look forward to your posts.

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

shrrshrr - i wasnt sure if I was slow the time i watched Daddy Long Legs coz i really got consfused towards the end or if the movie wasn't that good. which is why i lent it to my friends and am waiting for their reaction as well.

angel boogiepop - oh we talk about asian horror here sometimes, when one of us sees a flick or if someone wants to watch one. i haven't seen much asian movies so i couldn't post any comments lately ....

to know
me is to love me.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Well, you'll have to let me know, but seriously - couldn't be nearly as bad as the Fred Astaire version of the story.

I sent my cousin out on Sunday to watch Kyua and A Tale of Two Sisters with his girlfriend. Thankfully, since I live in an area with lots of strong Asian cultures, it's fairly easy to find Asian films.

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

i havent seen a tale of two sisters but those who did say it was...freakishly good.

maybe i need to re-watch daddy long legs ...

to know
me is to love me.

Old 10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi guys

Long time no see. I've been very busy lately. Working way too much, not sleeping enough. But somehow I got to see a japanese movie last week. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title nor who directed it (that's how tired I am) but it was the original version of that movie with Jennifer Connely called Dark Water. A woman moves in to a new apartment with her young daughter and water falls from the ceiling.
I didn't find it very scary or very interesting. It was ok, but nothing too exciting. I guess that's why I can't remember the title.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I was wondering if the original Japanese version would be better. Too bad you didn't think so (it's by the same writer as the guy who wrote Ringu).

Still, I may try to watch it...

My LJ for Movies
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

anabela - oh i saw Dark Water a few months ago. i cant compare the american remake to tha japanese, although i already think i'd like the jap original better...

shrrshrr - watch The Eye..... i liked that movie!

to know
me is to love me.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

I checked "Dark Water" on IMDB and found out that it was directed by the same guy who directed "Ringu".
I haven't seen the US remake. But I didn't find the original very scary. It doesn't mean that it was bad at all. I guess I wasn't in a great mood and the movie had to be beyond awesome in order to impress me.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Master Fan

watched She's on Duty, A Moment to Remember, Lover's Concerto, House of Fury and S-Diaries these past days. SOD's ok. AMTR reminded me of The Notebook. Chrissie and Fla, i didn't cry, not a single tear, when i watched it even if it was so sad. LC's a good one to watch. HoF, i love the stunts! the fight scenes were very good although the story's not that good. i like Enter the Phoenix's story more. SD, it's just ok. didn't like it as much as SoD.

marshmello, that's And I Love You So. it's with Aaron Kwok and Kelly Chen. i've seen it.

isy, watched DDL twice coz the first time i watched it, i actually didn't understand who was the company's boss referring to. and i might have fallen asleep in some of the scenes the first time coz i can't remember seeing them. i was also confused in some parts of the film.

re shatter and atts, marie have seen it. she said it's good.

everyone
Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

whoops!! i thought i lost track of this thread already. i can't see it in page 1 nor page 2.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

new Geisha pics!!!

and i can't wait for Perhaps Love

starring china's Zhou Xun, Takeshi Kaneshiro, HK's Jacky Cheung, Korea's Ji Jin hee

to know
me is to love me.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread