Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~* Mari *~:
<STRONG>So basically, I've been horrible this whole week. I've eaten way too much and I haven't been to the gym. I've wanted to go but my schedule has been so crazy lately...Tomorrow I'm going to go straight after class and try to get in at least my weight training done.

Must not let myself go back to being a bum and doing nothing. I still have to lose 30lbs. *sigh*</STRONG>
I hear you. I have eaten crap all week...my friend and I ate a large pizza by ourselves and 4 breadsticks each from Papa Johns. Then the next day I went to Wendys for one of their good salads, ended up with a #1 biggie size. RAWH and then my friend wanted to go to a chinese buffett...and I love those, I ate a lot. GRR, but I blame it on the fact that I am about to go on my period and that I have some food cravings...or something like that

But I have been working out, I ran 3 miles in 22:30 and then stairstepped for 25 minutes, the day after I ate all that pizza because I was so mad at myself.

Lyndsey
Old 01-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Everyone has bad days... the important thing is that you get back on track.

Things suck for me right now. The meds are REALLY making me gain weight, which sucks because I have been trying to eat right too. I hope they change them next Friday when I go in for my dr. appt. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 01-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not really dieting, but I'm planning on it. I'm just excercising right now. But not by choice. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I have to stay in shape for when volleyball season starts again.

My mom has just started doing the Atkins-diet thing. It's actually working out really well for her. She's been on it for about two weeks now and has lots quite a bit of weight in that short amount of time.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, Ineed to start working out....But I feel like I'm going to be at the gym for hours sine I'm so mad at myself for this whole wk. Must not try to do a wk's worth of exercise in one day. That would be bad.

And,Lyndsey, Chinese Buffets are so good. Tough temptation to resist.

Alison- Talk to your doc about the weight gain issue and perhaps he can prescribe something else. Who knows [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Here's wishing you Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

hi guys... [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

you guys have such awesome plans! lol... I'm not really on a diet, just trying to cut back on my portions and drink more water...

I was losing weight before the holidays, but with all that food I gained it all back... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Lashyre
Old 01-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

The holidays do kinda suck in that regard.

My mom did Atkins too, and it did work well, however, if you are not planning to do it "for life" as she wasn't, then she gained it right back.

Thanks Mari! I talk to him on Friday... at this point you do not take someone who is depressed, and give them a medication that makes them gain weight, it is just cruel. I don't think there will be a lot of "asking" on Friday, more like a lot of "telling." I can be very persuasive. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

we have four inches of snow and I got to play ultimate frisbee in it...super fun.

Today I was walking to class and fell on my knee, it's okay just bruised [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I got a class cancelled that was sweet.

Off to work on work now!

Lyndsey
Old 01-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

We got snow too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ouch about your knee [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Sounds like you are ok though, which is good.

I am sooooo looking forward to Friday. I need to get these meds changed... then I can feel better and hopefully stop gaining. *sigh*

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi,

Congratulations to all the losers !

I'm still on Atkins. I've lost 15 lbs so far. I still need to lose about 6 more. I love this Way of Eating. I could eat like this for the rest of my life. I've always enjoyed mayo, butter and the rest of the fats plus steak and veggies!! I'm eating about 2400 calories a day, I'm never hungry. I don't eat anymore protein than before going on the diet.

I've never liked pasta, rice, potatos, cereal, etc. anyway.

I agree with Nikki.
JaHammer #284
Monkey Wench
Old 01-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Extreme Fan

For all you Atkin's darlings, have you tried carb countdown milk? Its wonderful, at least the regular and chocolate are. Only three carbs in a cup. I know they sell it at Harris Teeter and Bi-Lo, I'm sure elsewhere as well. THe chocolate tastes really good, and the regular tastes and has the same texture as normal milk.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Congrats on the weight loss!!! You will lose that last 6 in no time!!!

I am the exact opposite... I LOVE bread, cereal, pasta, etc. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yay! Friday is almost here (sort of), I am looking forward to hopefully getting the meds changed ASAP.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to everyone who lost their weight [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by briansluv:
<STRONG>
I am the exact opposite... I LOVE bread, cereal, pasta, etc. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Same here. I LOVE LOVEEEEEE that stuff. Fave pasta is Bistro-Shirmp pasta from the Cheesecake Factory. It's really quite good.

That's why I know I could never ever do the Atkin's diet. I lovemy carbs way too much.

Well, I started exercising again this sunday. It's been really hard finishing up my workouts lately. 2 wks off really zapped my strength and endurance. Thankfully, I didn't gain weight so hey, that's great. In fact, I've lost one pound. Yeeaahhhh! Could this be the end of my plateu???

I've spoken to some trainers and they've suggested more intervals during my cardio. Also, adding more weight to my weight training. I don't mind the former but the latter just sucks.

I hate being sore. I shall never understand those people who absolutely love that feeling.

BTW- anyone want the rest of that ab-workout routine??
Old 01-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~* Mari *~:
<STRONG>

Same here. I LOVE LOVEEEEEE that stuff. Fave pasta is Bistro-Shirmp pasta from the Cheesecake Factory. It's really quite good.

That's why I know I could never ever do the Atkin's diet. I lovemy carbs way too much.

Well, I started exercising again this sunday. It's been really hard finishing up my workouts lately. 2 wks off really zapped my strength and endurance. Thankfully, I didn't gain weight so hey, that's great. In fact, I've lost one pound. Yeeaahhhh! Could this be the end of my plateu???

I've spoken to some trainers and they've suggested more intervals during my cardio. Also, adding more weight to my weight training. I don't mind the former but the latter just sucks.

I hate being sore. I shall never understand those people who absolutely love that feeling.

BTW- anyone want the rest of that ab-workout routine??</STRONG>
YAY and yes!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have my own ab workout I think I told you about it, man it works, I feel te burn. It's amazing. But I want to know more things to do...I really wanna tone that area of my body