Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Weight watchers...
I had a bad week last week. Like really bad. I was stressed out and then someone bumped my car right before I had to order dinner at Chick filla (I was driving through a parking lot and a lady kinda' bumped into me). Needless to say I ordered without thinking and ordered fries, not fruit (I had it all planned out what I was going to eat beforehand too). But in two weeks I've lost 6 pounds, 6.5 depending on the scale. Although I was at the doctor's on Thursday and their scale said I weighed 178, which my scale said 174 pounds. I don't know...

I have a thing against Atkins dieting and all the no-carb sugar sweets. The stuff is made with sugar alocohol, which is a laxative.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Sugar Alchohols is not an Atkins thing. It's a sugar free thing. Mostly 95% of products that are labeled "sugar free" have sugar alchohols in them, Atkins product or not.
And you don't have to consume any Atkins products to be low carb. In fact, most of the bars, low carb breads, chips and such are for phase 3 or 4.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Extreme Fan

i agree..you may be eating too little
Quote:
Originally posted by Kalika
hey there, i've come to join the group! i gues i just need moral support.
okay, well i've been platueing since november. i weigh 140, and i've weighed that the whole entire time. i've cut down calories ridiculously, and i do'nt imdluge too often, but i can' seem to keep up with the exercise. however, i did just start a house keeping job which keeps me running around for 6 hours each weekened day and prevents me from snacking cuz yopu can snack when you eat. i consider it getting paid to lose weight.. hope it works.
but i really really want to get down to about 125 by summer... course i'll be satisfied with 130. i just want to know how to do it correctly. my diet is oatmeal for breakfast.. but i usually don't finish. lunch i have lowfat (90 cal) yougurt a piece of fruuit (bananna or ornage or apple usuallly) and on the rare rare occaison a 180 cal all natural bar. usually about once a week i have that. around 3 oclock i have a snakc... sometimes it's fruit, sometimes it's pickels.. who knows. then dinner, well i cna't dictate what i have for dinner cuz my mother makes it. prolly averaging at 500cal , occasionally it's more. and abotu once a week if i have an early dinner or a particularily small one of juist soup an dsalad. i have popcorn. i don't eat much at all, at least i do'nt think it's that much.. do you? but i can't lose weight.. and it bothers the hell outta me. does anyone have advice on how to force myself to exercise more??? i need some moral support.. maybe if i know you guys know about my diet i'll feel ashamed if i don't exercise...
hmm
whaddya think?
i think it'll be better for you to have heavy meals earlier in the day that in the evening-- since you just rest after the 500 cal meal.
on the other hand,studies show that breakfast eaters--no matter how fatting or high calorie--are less likely to overeat the rest of the day and don't gain less weight in the long run.

do you drink adequate amounts of water?

drinking enough water stabilizes your metabolism. any decrease in water intake decreases metabolism.

lifting weights increases one's metabolism as well = getting off the plateue.

good luck1!

btw,it's nice to be back on..just found the forum up again.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

I am getting so depressed with my weight gain. The meds I am on are making me gain, and since I began them, I am up 30+ pounds. I can not work out with my bum wrist, and my hurt ankle. I just don't know what to do. I don't eat a lot, I stay away from soda... this is getting annoying. Any suggestions as to how to lose weight would be so helpful. Oh, and I can not swim with my wrist either... Thanks!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay all the Atkin's stuff I have from GNC (when my mom was on it) that is sweet has sugar alcohol. I know what it does because one time she had a chocolate craving and ate two bars and then had the runs all night... That's all I am saying.

Saturday night my friend and I went to Disneyland and brisk walked the whole time, then did the Tarzan treehouse climb thing four times running (it had a ton of stairs!). So much fun. We then went on Pirates to cool down, but my adreniline was running and my friend was like "Oh look all the exits around and we're sitting the the back. A cast member could just walk right up and scare you." Then someone screamed jokingly ahead of us. I screamed so loud! I was so freaked. Oh and completely naked, right after I use the potty, and I just wake up I weigh 172.5 I've lost weight. I've lost 7.5 pounds in 2 weeks.

Brians= have you tried pilates? It's pretty gentle.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah... I have. It was still a bit stressful on me... I don't know, I didn't like them much. Plus, I live in the basement, and being on the floor, working out with spiders isn't that great...

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I have been cutting back and trying to eat healthy along with trying to excise more. I am getting frustrated though because I don't see any change. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Can anyone suggest a diet that isn't expensive and is easy to stick to?

"I'm Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world!"

*Thanks Tina for the Icon*
(Click on Barbie Doll to see her awesome work)
Old 05-22-2004, 07:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Brians- oh...yuck... spiders. I've tried taken my stickey mat to the park, but people look at me funny. Did it once.

I had a bad week. My sister brought pizza home on Thursday, I was good Thursday. Friday.... I had 4 or 5 pieces and two breadsticks. It was pepperoni and olive pizza. So good! If there is pizza around me, it needs to be mushroom and something yucky.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Di Di~*~
I have been cutting back and trying to eat healthy along with trying to excise more. I am getting frustrated though because I don't see any change. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Can anyone suggest a diet that isn't expensive and is easy to stick to?
I don't follow any diet. Well, I do follow the food pyramid.
In my experience, things like South Beach are just more trouble than they're worth.
I just cut out all white carbs, and eat only wheat pasta and bread. I try to have 6-7 fruits and veggies a day, and rely heavily on white meat, dairy, and eggs for protein. And I stay away from fat-free cookies and the like, since they're loaded with sugary carbs. Nuts are gooood.
The hardest part of this is the candy and sweets craving, but dried fruit takes care of that somewhat.

Kim, its not that bad! You can always start again. My weakness is pizza too! So I just make my own with part-skim cheese and lots of veggies. Pizza is one of the better tasting healthy foods!