Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Ha, I had a Molten cake from Chili's. I loveeeee those so much. I didn't eat the whole thing, mind you. I shared with two other people but I shouldn't be indulging myself this much. Once a wk ok but that was like the 4th time *sigh*

Why does chocolate have to be soooooooooooooooooo good?
Old 01-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

I've never tried one... it does sound good though.

I had hot chocolate with alcohol in it and then a little chocolate alcohol thing left over from New Year's Eve.

I am so depressed about losing weight right now. I am not on the diet I was, but I am watching what I eat, and no matter what, I am gaining. One of the new meds says that weight gain is a side effect, but it still makes me very sad...

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 01-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

weird question..but I am trying to grow out my hair and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it grow faster? It's to my shoulders, but I want it longer...now!

Lyndsey
Old 01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

how's everyone doing?

Today I ran 3 miles in, 23:39...which was good since Friday I ran it 24:12. I also drank 100+ oz of water today! Also did my ab workout twice..and once longer than usual. The thing that I describe earlier (the 30 seconds, 1 minute thing)...I did it once 30 seconds and then 1 minute and then about 10 minutes later I did 1 minute and 30 second and then 30 seconds. I was proud of myself. Also did 200 crunches. I also feel like my stomach might be getting smaller [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I forgot to say does anyone wanna encourage each other through AIM?..I my screenname is FellersLK if you want it

Lyndsey

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited \m/beefshake-weezer\m/ ]
Old 01-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was on my tv tonight and I thought I might share it [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Science of slimming

REPORTER: Claudia Bertorello
BROADCAST DATE: January 20, 2004

This couple has been on the diet since Christmas.
It's not your average fad diet. CSIRO scientists have spent years researching the Total Wellbeing eating plans which can help some people lose several kilos per week.

Scientists searching for a new weapon in the battle of the bulge have developed their own weight loss diet.

They've found the diet helps most people lose half a kilo per week. Some even lose 2-3kg per week.

The CSIRO says its diet took years of research and scientists agree it helps people lose weight and perhaps most importantly, keeps it off.

Lauren Smith has dropped a whole dress size since she started the CSIRO diet just after Christmas.

"The first week was a bit hard because it was a big change," she said. "A bit hungrier because there's no snacks in the diet at all."

Her partner Nick Bannon joined in and is also feeling lighter and brighter. He's lost 9kg in three weeks.

"Losing four and a half kilos in the first week really helped," Mr Bannon said.

The couple stuck to the plan, despite finding it a challenge.

"I missed out on chocolate," Ms Smith said. "Nick missed out on a can of beer."

CSIRO scientist Dr Peter Clifton helped produce the diet plan, which encourages meat eating.

"The study with the high protein diet at 12 months is the best result of any weight loss strategy we've ever used," Dr Clifton said.

"The main principle is that protein makes you feel more full than getting calories from carbohydrates or fat."

Dieters following the plan eat 34 per cent proteins, 46 per cent carbohydrates and 20 per cent fats.

"When you have a steak meal and you have the same number of calories, same amount of energy as say pasta or rice, you could generally eat something like 20 or 30 per cent more of the pasta or rice than of the protein or steak," Dr Clifton said.

Unlike the fashionable Atkins diet the CSIRO plan does include bread, crumpets, bacon and even cappuccinos.

A typical eating day might include:

Breakfast: three quarters of a cup of high fibre cereal with low fat milk and a banana

Lunch: a salmon and salad sandwich with a low-fat cappuccino.

Dinner: beef and vegetable kebabs with salad and even dessert - some fruit and custard.

"It is a balanced diet," Dr Clifton said. "It's not short of vitamins or minerals and it's got fruit and vegetables."

"So the dieticians have really got nothing to object about."

Exercise physiologist and author of the book 'Don't Diet' Ric Isaac is sceptical of the CSIRO diet and many others.

He says 'one size fits all' diets just don't work.

"We don't want to be doing these radical fad diets," Mr Isaac said. "And just because it worked for Jennifer Aniston doesn't mean it's going to work for us."

He claims the CSIRO diet has some major flaws. For a start, he says the researchers received funding from the Meat and Livestock Association.

"It's difficult to really look at it objectively when you're getting funding from a source such as that," Mr Isaac said.

"It does indicate that they're promoting their own foods."

The CSIRO admits it's only trialled the diet on 120 women and it's yet to be tested on men. But Mr Bannon says it works for him.

"It incorporated all the healthy foods that you're supposed to eat and cutting out pretty much all the fat and oils," he said.

He and Ms Smith haven't looked back. She says they have much more energy these days.

"I tend to get up earlier, I don't sleep in as much as I used to," Ms Smith said. "We're walking to the shops now, which we don't usually do."

Further information on the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet is available from the CSIRO website: www.csiro.au

Follow the prompts to the Total Wellbeing Diet at www.csiro.au for a selection of meal plans

Disclaimer
The information on todaytonight.com.au is made available for information purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Also, the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information is not guaranteed. AOL|7 does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health professional.

What do you think?
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

woo hoo! I think that diet thing is cool...anything that lets me eat bread. I won't do the Atkin's diet ever ever

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited \m/beefshake-weezer\m/ ]

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited \m/beefshake-weezer\m/ ]
Old 01-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I love my carbs. There's no way I'd ever go on the Atkin's diet. NEVER.

Too much protein gives you bad breath. EEwww.

Balance healthy meals are the way to go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to do that Diet, I don't really like eating Meat [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

It sounds like an interesting diet. I need to get off this new medication, I am sick of gaining weight and craving everything. *sigh*

I also need to start drinking 100 oz of water every day again.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aussie women choosing low-carb dieting

New research shows the low-carbohydrate dieting phenomenon currently sweeping the United States is gathering momentum in Australia.

The Independent research commissioned by health food manufacturer Aussie Bodies indicates 26 per cent of dieting women were practising some version of low-carbohydrate, high-protein dieting.

The study, which used a sample of 300 dieting women, found only 18 per cent used the diet 12 months ago.

The figures parallel US trends, although Australia appears to be lagging behind the United States by 12 months.

By contrast, the number of Australian women following more traditional low-fat diets has dropped from 53 to 39 per cent.

Aussie Bodies CEO Maria Deveson-Crabbe said she disagreed with many nutritionists who condemned the low-carb diet.

"By reducing carbohydrates we stabilise our blood sugar levels which discourages fat storage and protein has been proven to reduce hunger and boost metabolism," she said
Source [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This stinks... I love my carbs... and why can't I get a medication that has a side effect of weight LOSS? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No probs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

I've been doing the low-carb way of like for ten months now, I was really serious about it for like five months and then got off the wagon and started eating more carbs and I gained some of the inital 50lbs that I lost back, now I'm ten pounds heavier and need to loose those 10lbs to get back to a -50lbs total all over again. I joined a gym and worked out for like two hours today between classes. I'm back on induction Atkins, which means only 20carbs per day. I've never had an side effects except for loosing weight and I find it's an easy and cheap way to diet so it works for me, it may not work for everyone though by any means. Good luck to all you, keep up that work!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Congrats! You'll get back down to -50. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Passionate Fan

So basically, I've been horrible this whole week. I've eaten way too much and I haven't been to the gym. I've wanted to go but my schedule has been so crazy lately...Tomorrow I'm going to go straight after class and try to get in at least my weight training done.

Must not let myself go back to being a bum and doing nothing. I still have to lose 30lbs. *sigh*