Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I so happy to hear you are doing better.

Psychotherapy is half the battle with my anxiety at least but the meds definitely help my depression.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 02-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meds aren't for everyone, but I don't understand people being dubious of them. You wouldn't give a diabetic the side-eye for taking insulin, would you? What do you think psych meds do?

Anyway, they helped me get to the place where talk therapy could help.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always had really bad PMS, but I am glad you all have help getting through the different problems your health diagnoses causes. I'm happy that you know what it is now. It sounds much more extreme than what I went through.

I agree about the meds. They can really help, if you want to have that help.

I'm happy for anyone who gets help, whatever kind of help that may be.

Mine is talk, and medication.

My life is in the toilet at the moment, and my cat was taken from me (my baby) but I know she's safe. All in all, I'm doing okay, which is kind of surprising. I'm definitely grateful though, for that.

Kim
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by There You'll Be (View Post)
I always had really bad PMS, but I am glad you all have help getting through the different problems your health diagnoses causes. I'm happy that you know what it is now. It sounds much more extreme than what I went through.

I agree about the meds. They can really help, if you want to have that help.

I'm happy for anyone who gets help, whatever kind of help that may be.

Mine is talk, and medication.

My life is in the toilet at the moment, and my cat was taken from me (my baby) but I know she's safe. All in all, I'm doing okay, which is kind of surprising. I'm definitely grateful though, for that.
I sorry to hear about your cat. My two fur babies are part of what keeps me going.

I've been having a rough few days and haven't wanted to get out of bed. I also postponed visiting my niece becuase I'm on an emotional roller-coaster right now. In Canada there is a commercial for Kids Help Line in which people read the depressing letters and messages kids have left. Every time I watch it I just start balling my eyes out.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
Old 02-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I haven't seen that commercial! That sounds awful.

Kim, it's good that you can focus on the fact that you know your cat will be well treated.

I'm doing okay. I cleaned a lot yesterday and that helped me. I think the fact that everything around here is in a state of disarray weighs on me.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Too bad I don’t live near you Sunny cause I’d like to help organize your disarray.

I’m glad your making the most of your situation, Kim.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lasha, that sounds terrible to see. Are you feeling any better today? Sometimes it's okay to stay in bed-as someone always reminds me. I hope you get to see your niece before too long.

Sunny, gah. I understand that. It gets confusing, and it gets overwhelming, I think. Try to relax some, know you'll get it done eventually, and don't overdo it when you start. Also, breathe.

Thanks Leanne.

One of my PT's brought me saltines, and sugar free Jolly Ranchers, so I'm in a good mood. It's the little things.

Kim
Old 02-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

I cried myself to sleep last night. I'm one of those people where one sad thought spirals into all the sad, negative, thoughts. I think the commercial has been leading to a funk because the last message read is something in relation to not having the energy to shower. I have been their so many times just thinking about it makes me sad.

I'm trying to do more of what I love like posting on here again, but there is still so much I don't have the energy for like working in Photoshop and making fan art. And then I get in a funk because I feel like if I can't even take joy from the things I used to I really must be failing.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can never cry myself to sleep. Not that I have much merit in saying that. It's just that the energy it takes me to cry tends to mean I'm not sleeping.

I'll pass on some advice my mother gave me when I was in the depths of the worst of it, back when I was younger. "Take thinner slices." In other words, take things a little bit at a time. Tiny joys are totally valid. Distracting yourself so you're not wallowing in despair is also completely valid. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I tend to be beat myself up a lot so thank you for your words.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its hard not to beat up on oneself, but we have to remember we aren't perfect human beings. And we try and get up each day. I know what it feels like to even think having a shower and morning routines feels like too much too.

Have you seen your doctor about this? Any treatment recommendations for you?
Old 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Its hard not to beat up on oneself, but we have to remember we aren't perfect human beings. And we try and get up each day. I know what it feels like to even think having a shower and morning routines feels like too much too.

Have you seen your doctor about this? Any treatment recommendations for you?
Yes. I am on meds and regularly see a councilor. I still have my bad days and I mentioned earlier on I suffer from PMDD so PMS time is always harder for me.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think you ever "free" yourself of depression. I mean, hopefully, you get better, you learn to cope, you move on, etc.

But everyone has bad days and, if you've had experience with depression before, I would imagine that's even more the case, you know?

All the more reason to learn how to cope with it, I think. Because there's no point in waiting for it to be over to start living, you know? Life goes on and we're not punishing anyone but ourselves by staying out of it.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I fall asleep crying and when I wake up I think about my life for half an hour these days
Old 02-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

So long as you remember that you are so much more than the sum total of your life...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread