Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Leanne Do you have any "school of auto mechanics" around you? That's what my mother and brother use to save money. The students use the car for practical experience and they are 100% supervised by experts, so it's low risk. And, because it helps them out, they usually charge way less.

Of course, they don't offer "service car" replacement, but if you can organize your time, it's worth it.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

that's actually a great idea Sunny

Leanne it kind sounds like maybe you have a broken rubber seal thingy...

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My dad will take it into a car shop place to check it out. I'm a girlie girl with car issues so I'll let him spend the time doing car stuff. Lucky to have him willing to do it for me, hope they can resolve this water leak issue. The idea of a school of auto mechanic is something I never thought really existed so now you made me think. I mean, I know there is hair and cosmetology schools out there that give bargains. But didn't think about car mechanics!

My little complaint is, I don't like that I can't "deal" with trolls. It's even worse when my now gone friend was someone I talked to so I wouldn't go off on trolls. Now I don't have that encouragement or distraction and I feel like I'll be rude cause I have no filter with trolls.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, if your dad wants to pay for that, then never mind. Good for you that you have that option, to be honest.

But, yeah, they have schools of auto mechanics. I don't know how many of them are around, compared to dentist schools or cosmetics schools because I don't own a car. But they do exist.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, he won't pay, he will let me know the price of repair and gives me the bill, if he does pay while there, I just write him a cheque for it. He is retired so he likes doing things for his kids, he even cleans my SIL's house sometimes!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Daylight Savings Time?

Well, I hate both. I hate it when we gain or lose an hour. I have jet lag for, like, a week.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I don't mind losing an hour as you gain extra hour in bed , but I don't like DST..

Nice for a poster to drop you in it
Old 03-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

^

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 03-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I prefer living in a nightmare I know is real than in a dream that isn't.

So maybe you wake up and the clock tells you you got an extra hour of sleep. I'd prefer getting the actual additional hour.

Better yet, I'd prefer not having to adjust at all.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Getting really annoyed with my landlord. Had a problem with my apartment for nearly 3 months and it still hasn't been fixed. A plumber came down last weekend and we both thought it was fixed, but it wasn't.

Now my landlord says waiting for plumber to get back in touch with her, and I'm thinking have you phoned him ?
Old 03-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why didn't you ask?
Old 03-16-2017, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Ask what ?
Old 03-16-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A couple of years ago my husband and I invested a lot of money in the company of a friend, with an agreement to repay the sum after a year. We found out after that time that the company was being poorly run, and wasn't making money mainly, due to one of the directors taking a large cut of the money. Since then they've been paying some back for a few months, and then pausing payments for 6 months last year. They finally started paying us back once a month, and after 5 months they are now asking to pause payments again. Mainly because of poor planning and/or maintenance of the business assets. So the question is, do we as the main creditors take over the business to earn our money back, and then wind it down? Or do we allow them to pause payments for 4 months or more? As it it is it will take 17 months to pay us back, if they keep up repayments. I'm really annoyed by the whole thing, and very close to thinking we should release the company's assets and cut our losses.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww Mel , that is really bad....can understand if you want to cut your losses
Old 03-16-2017, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. This has been upsetting me for a while now, this may be the last straw...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread