Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Leanne Have you ever considered talking to a counsellor? Just someone to whom you could actually unload all of that frustration and whose job definition would be to listen, be sympathetic and work with you within the specific parameters you agree on?

I mean, I know from personal experience that it's not for everyone but I also know from personal experience that it can be a massive relief. Just to feel like someone's in your corner.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ mixed feelings about that idea. I once went to a therapist (?) about my aspie suspicions and he didn't even ask me specific questions, just opened ended questions that I didn't know how to answer related to what I came for and then he said he didn't think I have it and looked at me like I has two heads when I told him about my stim, which I thought he would know about those at least. He was supposed to know about autism! Put me off talking to someone. . But who knows, next visit with my doctor might be referring me to one when these lunchtime walks don't end up curing my life long anxiety. I'm not much of an expresser of my sensitive thoughts and vulnerable feelings. plus, I'd probably just cry the whole time and not talk
Old 03-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't let one bad doctor keep you from helping yourself. keep looking, you'll find the right person for you.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

And don't start with the stuff that makes you uncomfortable. You don't owe anyone anything. Anything you feel more vulnerable about can wait until you feel more comfortable with the person.

You're the expert on you, you know? I just thought it might be a good idea for you to have one person you can see on the regular whose job it would be to listen to you and be there for you.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, never did it before. We will see if it comes to that in 3 months when I may see my doc again weird though, cause I'm not used to talking about myself to "real life" people. But at least a counsellor isn't someone you have to see permenantly.

My complaint tonight is my stomach isn't feeling well after eating food and it's gonna snow again tonight when next week is supposed to be "spring" break!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems like our winter got stuck in B.C. this year.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

celebrities who endorse products you know damn well they don't buy or use. do you seriously think Matthew McConnaughey has a Lincoln MKV on his estate grounds?! puh-leeze. yeah, maybe his groundskeeper drives one.

on a funny note, the other night i was watching Walking Dead on AMC and there was a commercial with McConnaughey holding up a bottle of Wild Turkey bourbon and telling us it tastes great. the very next commercial was again McConnaughey driving a Lincoln suv with a goofy smile on his face. i got the feeling he was driving with a bourbon and coke in the cupholder. tsk tsk.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, I'm babysitting my nephew again this weekend. And, objectively, that's awesome. He's awesome. I love him and all that.

But it also means that I have to make my way to my brother's for 2pm, which is early for me on a weekend day. And it's gonna be the coldest day of the week, so chances are that's not gonna help me stay awake either.

I mean, it'll be worth it once I get there. But, bleh, it's kind of a trek.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Monday night I got my fingers slammed shut in a car door. ( thanks Beast :pout) urgent care visit.. good news, only broke my pinky finger.

Tuesday we had no internet and then I dropped my phone and shattered my screen. oh well gotta deal can't afford a new one for a while.

then today...oh what a hellish day.

Over slept, kids were late for school...just when you think things are getting back on track, get hit hard at a stop light. Part of a chain reaction situation . dumb ass lady in a huge suv not paying attention plowed into a car that went slamming into the truck in front of it and so on...10 cars involved, we were number 8, no one seriously hurt but the cars didn't fair so well.

I've never been by an air bag before....got to say not a pleasant experience, had to go back to the hospital because air the bags deployed. My sister has a black eye from the drivers side air bag.

Just ugh!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww Kali
Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG Kali! That sounds terrible.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 03-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I was gonna whinge about the weather, but...

Hang in there, Kali. That run of bad luck can't last forever.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Kali, that is totally sucky! I hate car accidents! And those airbags aren't exactly comfortable. I'm always sort of afraid of those going off on me cause I'm short plus I have glasses on my face and I heard sometimes the shorter you are, the more injurious that airbags can become so I sit as far distance from the steering wheel as I can.

Sorry about your phone screen, seeing that when using it would be really annoying!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks guys, it's just been the week from hell. so glad it's almost over and while all these things are very annoying and unpleasant, it's not so bad in the grand scheme of things.

Sunny, complain away, my run of unfortunate events are minor

Leanne, it's super annoying. and it'll be a month or so before I can replace it. although the cell company did say my sim card might work in a cheap AT&T Go Phone, so we are gonn look into that tomorrow until I can replace my Samsung.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, this is getting on my nerves, this morning it was raining when I went to my car to go to work and I noticed still that the floor of my car on my driver's side was saturated with water! And then the top part of my car over my inner window also leaks drops of water which land either in my coat sleeve or into my driver's seat... so when I sat down I could feel that if I didn't go get a towel, my pants would be wet by the time I arrived to work because the stupid water was wetting my seat now! so when it rains I have to sit on a towel and press a paper towel against the upper leak to prevent dripping on me??

Why is my car leaking water from above and below?? I need to get it checked out pronto, but not really wanting to pay if it's a lot of money.