Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Evil! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's sad that Angel's been cancelled... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm trying to help with the Saving Angel petitions and stuff. I even affiliated my site with http://savingangel.org but i doubt it'll help [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Why save Angel???? I mean, what's been going on? I'm not a fan of the series... meaning I have not been watching it.... but now that there's no more Buffy... Are they talking about cancelling it in general or what?

Oh, and BTW... I'm a Spike/Buffy shipper [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
<STRONG>

To me Angel is nowhere near as good as Buffy was [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Now I mostly watch it for the Buffy references and James Marsters [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/buffy_spike.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] ... also my opinion...

And even though I enjoyed the final series I absolutely loved the one before! Just so funny! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Home User:
<STRONG>Kat What do you think about the student demonstrations going on at the moment against tuition fees?.I honk my horn in support of the students as I drive by the Uni on my way to work [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] education was free in my day.[</STRONG>
Sadly I don't think it'll do any good...no one is ever going to listen. I accept that universities need more money and the argument that graduates get paid more and so should give back to the univeristy is fair enough if you actually got paid more but that isn't the case. With the government trying to make so many people go to uni, degrees are meaningless now. I hate the way they say that the poorest people won't have to pay much, yes that's fair enough but the world isn't spilt into very poor and super rich. What about all the people in the middle?

They should scrap pointless courses and start investing in vocational things so people who really don't need to go to uni can earn some money at least. Grr. Makes me angry. I do like it when lecturers go on strike though [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And not having to pay fees if you do Maths? If they stopped offering stupid subjects at school then maybe people would still bother with core things like Maths, Science and English. It's just another part of dumbing down. Another thing that annoys me [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm going to stop ranting now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Scythe How did they explain Spike's non-death at the end of Buffy? I did always like the Spike/Angel banter [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kat | icon |
Old 02-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he's something like a ghost ?!?!
At least that's what I thought after I read (well, okay, I just looked at the pictures [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) the interview with JM...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why save Angel???? I mean, what's been going on? I'm not a fan of the series... meaning I have not been watching it.... but now that there's no more Buffy... Are they talking about cancelling it in general or what?

Oh, and BTW... I'm a Spike/Buffy shipper
Do you mean why are they cancelling Angel? I think it's because the ratings haven't been very good for some of the new episodes so the WB are letting it go. They need to find a new sponser. UPN is the best bet.

Go Spuffy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img].. also my opinion...

And even though I enjoyed the final series I absolutely loved the one before! Just so funny!
I loved all the seasons of Buffy except season 4. I really hated Riley. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Scythe How did they explain Spike's non-death at the end of Buffy? I did always like the Spike/Angel banter
The amulet he was wearing when he died in Buffy was sent to Angel in an envelope (in the new season) Angel opened the envelope, the amulet fell out and Spike came out of the amulet.

Quote:
I think he's something like a ghost ?!?!
At least that's what I thought after I read (well, okay, I just looked at the pictures ) the interview with JM...
Well as far as I've seen so far (I'm not going to mention the spoilers) Spike came back as a ghost, meaning that he couldn't touch/move anything. He was then being pulled into hell by a Reaper by the name of Pavane. Spike managed to defeat the Reaper and figured out how to touch/move things if he concentrates really hard.

ETA: Do you think that Spike's accent is good or bad? I've always thought it was good, but I have met others that dissagree.

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited Scythe ]
Old 02-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know ratings were bad!!!

And as for Riley... he was a pain in the [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] !!! (Sorry if anyone here likes him)
Honestly!
Though I thought that the episode where he came back with his new gf was quite funny! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>

Well as far as I've seen so far (I'm not going to mention the spoilers) Spike came back as a ghost, meaning that he couldn't touch/move anything. He was then being pulled into hell by a Reaper by the name of Pavane. Spike managed to defeat the Reaper and figured out how to touch/move things if he concentrates really hard.

ETA: Do you think that Spike's accent is good or bad? I've always thought it was good, but I have met others that dissagree.
</STRONG>
Wow... story sounds... hmmm... interesting! They sure had to come up with some creative solutions [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

As for Spike's accent... what do you mean by good or bad?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For the accent thing I mean: does his accent sound accurately English?

I really hated Riley! I cheered when he left! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I also like the episode when he came back with his new wife...maybe because he caught Buffy sleeping with Spike [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great... first doublepost and now my posts are missing comnpletely! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Okay, what I wanted to say is: To me Spike sound fairly British... not as much as Giles, but still...
But then I'm probably not the best person to ask because whenever someone sounds not American (referring to the very broad "r" etc) I usually think he's British [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sorry... but I'm still an English speaker in training! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying your week. My worst day of the week is out of the way, counting down to the weekend now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I hate wishing my life away.

A friend and I went to a preview of Along Came Polly last night. If you've got a couple of hours to spare then it's worth seeing, perhaps more of a night in/DVD movie, but it made me smile [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I've watched loads of movies lately, but I'm going to watch the LOTR movies again next week to get me in the mood for meeting the stars at the London ComicCon...very excited.

Any news from anyone? Gossip? Discussing world politics?
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kat-:
<STRONG>
I'm going to stop ranting now [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Good rant..... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

I think that if more students spoke the way that you just did ,then maybe something might get done [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Most of the ones who live near me though,just like to throw junk food at my car [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

This is going to sound soooo old of me,but I went to Uni and it took me two part time jobs to afford to go there.I'm not all that bright, so I worked reaaly hard and I got my degree and a because of that, a very well paid job that I love.I don't have to,but I do contibute money to LCU,my point is that I do it because I want to,not because the PM say's that I have to.I hate the fact that people now have to pay to be educated [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Where are are all our our art students going to come from? what insentive is there now for them to go to University [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Education should not be about money [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

* throws snowball at Kat,I'm kind of dumd *

Tim [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Home User:
<STRONG>Good rant..... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] </STRONG>
*takes a bow*

Thank you! I think anyone who wants to go to university should be able to..but I don't like the ides of having a government target. Why? Can't it just be up to the individual to decide? I think it's great that people from backgrounds where their parents etc didn't go to uni are starting to. I don't agree with all these silly courses being invented...ok I hated Science but it's got more value than a lot of other things [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

It's great that you're so appreciative of education..I can't see people reacting like that anymore when they are forced to pay so much [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Scythe I always found Spike's accent amusing...and maybe a bit OTT but convincing enough. If only we all spoke like he does [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And here is my new page dance: [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

And my new favourite smilie - [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img] just because..

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited -Kat- ]

Kat | icon |
Old 02-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kat-:
<STRONG>

And here is my new page dance: [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

And my new favourite smilie - [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img] just because..

</STRONG>
It's important to have a smiley one can identify with [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ... [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 02-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

It sure is!

Kat | icon |
Old 02-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by PVCscully:
<STRONG>Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying your week. My worst day of the week is out of the way, counting down to the weekend now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I hate wishing my life away.

A friend and I went to a preview of Along Came Polly last night. If you've got a couple of hours to spare then it's worth seeing, perhaps more of a night in/DVD movie, but it made me smile [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I've watched loads of movies lately, but I'm going to watch the LOTR movies again next week to get me in the mood for meeting the stars at the London ComicCon...very excited.

Any news from anyone? Gossip? Discussing world politics?</STRONG>
Ooh! I want to see that film [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Does anyone know what certificate it is? because some of my friends are very short [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think it's a 12A [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kat | icon |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread