Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd definitely want to stick with it, too. The fact that you've made so much progress, well, I'd think that it's way worth it.

Kim
Old 10-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do tend to stick things out, for good or ill.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the same. I always think if I don't, I'll never know what could have happened. My logic at least.

Kim
Old 10-25-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

For me, and I don't say this with pride, it's that I hate change that much.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing wrong with that. You work with what you are, and go.

I got really anxious about going out yesterday, for no noticeable reason.

I dreamed about the transport wrecking, in the heavy rain that I knew was coming. Maybe that carried over.

Kim
Old 10-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, the brain is not actually a rational organ. It misfires all the time. So maybe you carried that over from your dreams.

But you also described pretty accurately the weirdness of mental illness. You'll go through massive traumatic things with completely stoicism only to lose it completely over something relatively minor. Like losing a ring inside one room, forgetting to buy one thing or going outside the house.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)

But you also described pretty accurately the weirdness of mental illness. You'll go through massive traumatic things with completely stoicism only to lose it completely over something relatively minor. Like losing a ring inside one room, forgetting to buy one thing or going outside the house.
That just made a load of sense to me. I never pictured it quite that way.

How are you?

Kim
Old 10-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That does make a lot of sense. The small things get to me too.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's the brain equivalent to physical injuries. When a physical injury is actually life-threatening, you're apparently not supposed to feel the pain (not sure why, adrenaline maybe?) but ever had a paper cut? Ouch!

The point, I think, is that mental illness make it so we have "inappropriate" reactions to things. Big bad things, we do fine. Small, unimportant thing and we lose our mind.

Kim, I'm doing okay. But still feeling a lot of generalized stress and anxiety.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So I went to the doctors last week and she says I have high blood pressure. My pressure is usually good when I go to the dentist and they take it, etc. But at the doctor's it is high and now when I take it at home because my doctor says to, it's on the higher end again. I feel like it's mainly because most times when I know I have to get my BP taken my blood pressure rises because it makes me anxious maybe??

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, there is a thing called “white coat syndrome” where blood pressure tends to read higher at the doctor office cause the environment makes people more anxious being there. That’s why a doctor usually needs to take your BP about three separate visits before diagnosing high blood pressure and if the person can take measurements at home while in their natural setting when feeling relaxed. I have high blood pressure and not sure what the cause but I think perhaps a lifetime of anxiety likely contributed to some of the cause.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

Also certain times of day, types of food ans caffeinfeine drinks can affect blood br
pessure.
Sometimes simple changes in diet can change yoyr effects in chronich blood pressure chages...hot all apreciciated at first with your love interesterest unles yo both are going throe thr necessarty changes wurh you at the same time
Old 10-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so lately, I'm feeling kinda sick in the morning. Like I can't handle swallowing little pills, drinking small-size coffee or even putting on lipstick cause it tastes weird! I know its anxiety based cause I'm not really sick.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny, I hope you're taking care of yourself. Doing something nice for yourself at the end of the day, and well, you know what you need to do to physically take care of yourself.

Leanne, hope you feel better.

Kim
Old 10-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Leanne, do you have acid reflux? Because I do, and eating and drinking anything in the morning is a pain. Which is why I usually try to be done with breakfast by the time I'm officially awake.

Kim, thank you for caring.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread