Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
Why is the weather so awful? Oh, yes, I live in England It's not like I was planning on going anywhere anyway, but it's just depressing.

A week off school just isn't long enough... Better than nothing, though.
Weather's awful here in America as well. (sigh)
Old 10-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

The sun is actually out now Which is really nice after we had some British weather for the whole of last week

I am catching up with all the shows I missed over the last two days I really need to kick out some more shows ... which won't be hard because some shows get worse and worse
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Ack. I hate September and October weather. Once November hits, it just gets really cold but the rain doesn't really kick in again until the end of January. I can handle the cold but not the grey and cold.

I'm only really watching HIMYM and House- they're the only ones I stay up to download. I'm also watching Dollhouse, Lie to Me and The Big Bang Theory, but I'm losing interest in DH so that might be going. Which are you thinking of kicking out, Jen?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

I've been watching quite a lot this season - I have already kicked out Community, Cougartown, Modern Family and The Good Wife. I am about to kick out Eastwick and maybe even The Office. Everything looked so promising in the beginning but turned out to be a total bore in the end
Not sure about Dollhouse because I really liked last nights episode.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
I've been watching quite a lot this season - I have already kicked out Community, Cougartown, Modern Family and The Good Wife. I am about to kick out Eastwick and maybe even The Office. Everything looked so promising in the beginning but turned out to be a total bore in the end
Not sure about Dollhouse because I really liked last nights episode.
Haven't watched last night's yet. I actually liked last week's, but I don't know... I'm just not really engaged with it. I was never a massive fan of it, anyway. I think I might watch this week's and see how it is. But I'm really not that bothered about it at all.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

I have to agree, I always watched it but I was never actually a fan. Same with "Glee" Everyone seems to be so excited about that show and I am just blah about it.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

I'm a person who's very into characters and having a group of characters who change all the time doesn't allow any engagement (heh) with them. It's no coincidence my favourite characters are all Dollhouse staff. I think that's what it is. I mean, there are some ridiculously talented actors (Enver Gjokaj, for example) but overall, I'm very 'meh'.

Glee is just not my type of show at all. I haven't even tried to get into it. I know I'll hate it and I'll have wasted my time.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

I think the reason I got into Dollhouse was because Joss Whedon created it. And because of all the actors from the Whedonverse.

I like the songs but other than that it is mostly just like your average teen show.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

I only watched it because of Joss Whedon. If it had been anyone else, it would never have captured my attention at all. It's not my type of show, I suppose.

I never got majorly into 'teen' shows. Veronica Mars and Buffy, I suppose, but they were so sophisticated and, ironically, probably wouldn't interest your average teenager (ergo low ratings).
Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly, shows like VM or Buffy had interesting plots and not just showed teenagers falling in love with each other. Because, quite honestly, I think Glee without the music would be quite a bad show

I just called my dad to ask if he still had this gas-mask so I could use it for my Halloween costume. But he threw it out a couple of years ago
Now I really do not know what I could go as.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I quite liked The OC, but that was a bit of a guilty pleasure, that. I think shows that don't try to appeal to a teenage audience are always better for it. I hate how much networks underestimate teenagers.

Isn't it obvious what you should go as?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

You know, that is actually my plan B
But I think I might try to go as Samara from "The Ring" - I just need a wig with long hair and find something similar to a white dress. And get dirty Shouldn't be too hard.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joss was definitely the only reason I even watched Dollhouse, too well, and some of the actors. I'm liking it, but not loving it as much as I'd hoped. When there's a good episode, it's amazing, but a lot of the time I'm a bit ehh about it too. I'll keep watching, but yeah that being said, I haven't seen this week's episode yet and I've heard from several people that it was really good, soooo.. looking forward to that!

I also haven't watched Glee and don't plan to, I know it wouldn't be for me. I'm not a fan of musicals at ALL, so yeah...

Ooohh, Halloween. I'm maaaayyyybeeee going to a party this year, but I'm not sure yet. And I have absolutely no idea what I'd go as, either
Old 10-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

It was very good because for once it wasn't all about Echo

Thing is I am supposed to be dressed as something really frightening.
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oohh! I like the sound of that. Was there Sierra? She has been so neglected so far this season...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread