Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TARDIS Tea Room (OT) #40 - TANTRUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Off Topic: Judging by the evidence, we've certainly got a gob!

Welcome to the TARDIS Tea Room! The place to relax. Kick off your Converse, put your feet up and enjoy some good conversation over a nice cuppa. Sugar? Milk?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
I did start watch Buffy in order a while back but I only got as far as early S2.
I will have to get back to it soon as my memories of anything about the show are so vague now!
I'm mid S2 now, and I'm loving it because while I've seen S4 - 7 a million times, I've watched S1 - 3 a lot less for some reason, especially 3, cause it only has one episode with Spike in it yeah, I'm predictable like that and I am enjoying it all so much but I already can't wait to get to season 4 and onwards I adore the show as a whole, but Spike (and Spuffy) really make it for me. It's like with Doctor Who, I looooooveeeeeeeee it all, but S1 and S2 will forever be my favourites, no matter what, just cause it has the Doctor with Rose. I'm such a shipper
Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to pop in and this:
Quote:
I adore the show as a whole, but Spike (and Spuffy) really make it for me.
SB and Spike are my favorite parts of the show but I do love the show in general. It's one of the best out there. I can't count how many times I've seen S5-7. And S2 pwns just because of Angelus/Spike/Dru.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey! you should stop by here more often!

Yeah, I agree. Buffy is one of my all time favourite shows, if I'm honest I don't think I could choose between that and DW for my favourite, so they're in a shared first place

And oh yes, I adore ALL of the show, it's just that I love it even more when there's a lot of Spike or Spike/Buffy in it
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Uck, why am I watching Question Time? Nick Griffin just pisses me off so much. And he was useless as a defender of the BNP!!

See, I was never a fan of Spike. Well, actually, that's a lie- I loved him until s6, and then he just rapidly goes downhill for me from there. But the whole show goes downhill for me from there, so. S2 is totally my favourite season because I think the Angelus arc is superb.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
hey! you should stop by here more often!

Yeah, I agree. Buffy is one of my all time favourite shows, if I'm honest I don't think I could choose between that and DW for my favourite, so they're in a shared first place

And oh yes, I adore ALL of the show, it's just that I love it even more when there's a lot of Spike or Spike/Buffy in it
I shall try.

I love DW but I loved BTVS first and I grew up with it so it's hard to choose... even though Doctor/Rose surpassed Spike/Buffy as my OTP. Such a sad/happy day that was.

Quote:
See, I was never a fan of Spike. Well, actually, that's a lie- I loved him until s6, and then he just rapidly goes downhill for me from there. But the whole show goes downhill for me from there, so. S2 is totally my favourite season because I think the Angelus arc is superb.
First off... love your icon.

Was it because of his part with Buffy or you just didn't like what they did to him in S6? What about S7?

I think the show was just completely different the last 3/4 seasons. It was such a different tone and cast from S1-3 you know? I used to love the first seasons but I think I watched them too many times and got burnt out. Plus... the latter ones have Spike and SB. Although I will agree that the Angelus arc is probably one of the best I've ever seen on TV. David did an amazing job playing Angelus.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Up A Sun (View Post)
I shall try.

I love DW but I loved BTVS first and I grew up with it so it's hard to choose... even though Doctor/Rose surpassed Spike/Buffy as my OTP. Such a sad/happy day that was.

First off... love your icon.

Was it because of his part with Buffy or you just didn't like what they did to him in S6? What about S7?

I think the show was just completely different the last 3/4 seasons. It was such a different tone and cast from S1-3 you know? I used to love the first seasons but I think I watched them too many times and got burnt out. Plus... the latter ones have Spike and SB. Although I will agree that the Angelus arc is probably one of the best I've ever seen on TV. David did an amazing job playing Angelus.

The main problem was that I hated Buffy as a character, particularly in s7, but in s6, too. In s6 they just made her too miserable- I mean, I know she's been through a lot, but spending an entire season in a depression is just too much misery for viewers. And then in s7 she just turned into a judgemental, preachy, unsympathetic bitch. And she used to be one of my favourites, if not my favourite prior to that. Spike was just too woobified by s6. S2 Spike would be cringing with shame.

I never had a problem with Buffy/Spike before s6 and actually even the first few episodes of s6 before Smashed. If they'd kept up the sort of dynamic they had at the beginning of s6 where Spike was the only person who she could talk to, the only person who could understand- which he was, but then she just started using him for sex and hurting him, even though he was there for her. I know he didn't have a problem with that, but it just wasn't the Buffy I knew and loved. I think I would have loved Buffy/Spike if it had gone and different way (they have amazing chemistry and the actors were amazing). But it was just too messed-up and dark for my tastes.

That was long. Sorry about the rant.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
even though Doctor/Rose surpassed Spike/Buffy as my OTP.
oh yeah, this is definitely true for me, too I love SB so much but nothing beats the Doctor/Rose for me, not ever.

I agree that S6 is pretty messed up, but I still liked it. And S7... well, I'm not a huge fan of it in general but it has its moments. And I still think that Spike going to get his soul back for Buffy is one of the most epicly romantic things (well.. in a very twisted way ) ever
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
oh yeah, this is definitely true for me, too I love SB so much but nothing beats the Doctor/Rose for me, not ever.

I agree that S6 is pretty messed up, but I still liked it. And S7... well, I'm not a huge fan of it in general but it has its moments. And I still think that Spike going to get his soul back for Buffy is one of the most epicly romantic things (well.. in a very twisted way ) ever
Yeah, Doctor/Rose is pretty much It for me as far as OTPs go.

I don't hate s6 as much as some people do, but it was just too dark and miserable. Even when Buffy was going through hell in, like, s2, the episodes were allowed to be funny, which wasn't so in s6. Like my favourites from s6 OMWF and Tabula Rasa are both highly funny and entertaining. Which is what was missing from s6.

S7 must be my least rewatched series- I just find it boring. Which, whatever you say about s6, it wasn't boring. I'd much rather watch s6 (well... maybe not Doublemeat Palace ) than s7.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
from the last thread: I'm mid S2 now, and I'm loving it because while I've seen S4 - 7 a million times, I've watched S1 - 3 a lot less for some reason, especially 3, cause it only has one episode with Spike in it yeah, I'm predictable like that and I am enjoying it all so much but I already can't wait to get to season 4 and onwards I adore the show as a whole, but Spike (and Spuffy) really make it for me. It's like with Doctor Who, I looooooveeeeeeeee it all, but S1 and S2 will forever be my favourites, no matter what, just cause it has the Doctor with Rose. I'm such a shipper
I feel exactly the same about Doctor Who, although I have watched S4 a fair few times. (not Moffat's episodes though! )

I have yet to make any decisions about Buffy because most of my watching was long ago in no particular order, I do however feel similar about the West Wing, I have a major character bias that makes certian seasons more rewatchable than others, even though I love the whole show. (Except S5, that was awful)

Quote:
Uck, why am I watching Question Time? Nick Griffin just pisses me off so much. And he was useless as a defender of the BNP!!
I decided not to watch it as I though it was too late to get so angry at the TV, I have since heard he got thrashed.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

I don't actually have a character/ship bias for Buffy (one of the very few shows I don't). I suppose, at a push, I would say I have a Buffy/Angel bias, but not a strong one. I think it was because I was 9 when I got into it and it's only really in retrospect I have 'fandomy' opinions about it. I used to be able to watch things like a normal person!

I was out last night, so I watched it on iPlayer at 3AM (after watching EastEnders) I am really sad. But, yeah, mostly he didn't actually answer any questions (and actually said at one point he couldn't because of EU law ). But it wasn't as good as it could have been. While he appears to have failed, he can now, as you said before, say 'OPPRESSION, OMMMMG' while if they'd had a 'normal' QT, where various issues are discussed, it would have done far more long-term damage as it would have exposed him as the useless politician he really is.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

NEW THREAD! TANTRUM!

I am too tired to actually do anything now. I am not even able to watch SJA
|it's about time
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

I'm off college, David Tennant is on SJA, I'm going to see Jimmy Carr and my favourite storyline on EastEnders is featured very heavily. I sound so sad, but these things all make me very very happy.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

What is it with all the spammers, lately? People need to get a life.

Yes, I am so looking forward to next week. A Halloween party on the weekend and I will meet up with a very dear friend I met online
|it's about time
Old 10-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Why is the weather so awful? Oh, yes, I live in England It's not like I was planning on going anywhere anyway, but it's just depressing.

A week off school just isn't long enough... Better than nothing, though.