Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He isn't in it much, just like in Kidulthood (which this show reminds me of a LOT) he plays a side character, but he's a really good guy this time he plays a guy who grew up in a really bad neighbourhood, but grew above that and is now a writer (I think. Or something with books, anyway... the accents on that show are sometimes hard to understand ).
Old 03-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm...sounds good. I'm such a sucker but I like it when people I'm a big fan of play really good characters because it's easy to like them, or really bad characters because I love to hate them.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
Hmm...sounds good. I'm such a sucker but I like it when people I'm a big fan of play really good characters because it's easy to like them, or really bad characters because I love to hate them.
I know what you mean and I love knowing that he wrote it, which instantly makes it more enjoyable for me somehow
Old 03-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched anything he's written besides that one episode of Torchwood, so it would be nice to see.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Noel Clarke's latest film, Adulthood, has gone straight to number one at the UK box office ...

The film took £1.2 million in its opening weekend with some of the many cinemas showing it around the country having to move it into bigger screens to meet audience demand,
Source

I haven't seen it yet but yay for Noel. And apparently he wrote directed AND starred in it.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

That's amazing. Congratulations to Noel. How many people can say a movie they directed, wrote and starred in debuted at #1 in the Box Office?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I don't think many people that's for sure! He's obviously a very talented guy.

I'm definately going to go see it.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so good to hear!! I've wanted to see it ever since I heard they were making a sequel to Kidulthood (which he also wrote, directed and starred in!) because I really enjoyed that one can't wait until I get to see it.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

How amazing was he in Journey's end? I love how traveling with the doctor and joining the parallel universe's Torchwood has helped him grow up. I hope he joins Torchwood because it seems like he could help them out a lot.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love Mickey now I started out not caring for him very much in S1, then in S2 he started to grow on me but I still didn't love him, then when he came back in AoG/DD I started to really like him, and I was so excited to see him turn up now! I think it would be great if he'd join Torchwood

Has anyone watched Noel's video diaries on the official site? They're hilarious. I love that guy so much.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
That's so good to hear!! I've wanted to see it ever since I heard they were making a sequel to Kidulthood (which he also wrote, directed and starred in!) because I really enjoyed that one can't wait until I get to see it.
I don't know much about the movie, but I gather that Nick Briggs also makes a brief appearance. One of the few things he's done outside of the Doctor Who universe
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I don't know much about the movie, but I gather that Nick Briggs also makes a brief appearance. One of the few things he's done outside of the Doctor Who universe
Oh that's great, I hadn't heard about that yet! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for him once I get to see it. Which will be soon, hopefully.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I really enjoyed it even thought the london lingo is sometimes a bit hard to follow! Noel was fantastic in it, you really get to appreciate him as an actor. And there are some nice humorous bits in there aswell.

There were really big posters of him all round the city at the time the film was released and someone had writted 'FIT' in really big letters over one made me laugh!

I really hope he's gonna make a few Torchwood appearances!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just got around to watching Adulthood and I enjoyed it very much. Noel was brilliant in it, he even managed to make his character likeable this time around, which wasn't easy because he was a complete ass in Kidulthood.

Also loved all the DW cameos of course especially seeing Camille made me smile SO wide, and I also loved the appearances by Nick Briggs and Adjoa Andoh in this.

But really, writing, directing and delivering a really good performance? Noel's one talented guy.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Check out Noel in the new Prodigy video- Invaders must die! Very mean and moody- he look's great! He looks so mature from S1 Mickey! I love that Noel really branches out and does such a variety of stuff!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread