Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Question: So how would you have written out Matt Smith's Doctor if you were the one writing it?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Question: So how would you have written out Matt Smith's Doctor if you were the one writing it?
I wouldn't do that. I would re write series seven. I would make the transition from the Ponds to Clara a little less confusing.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
I wouldn't do that. I would re write series seven. I would make the transition from the Ponds to Clara a little less confusing.
So u would keep Matt around for Series 8?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
So u would keep Matt around for Series 8?
It was his time to go. If he wanted to do other projects outside of Who, I would let him. As long as he comes back and repises his role as the Doctor in the future.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It was his time to go. If he wanted to do other projects outside of Who, I would let him. As long as he comes back and repises his role as the Doctor in the future.
yer i agree he wanted to go he has a lot of potential to do more than DW .. with Dw going to be really popular in the states for him to leave and do movies at his young age was such a smart decision

how i would write him out would of been more epic with alittle heart .. i would of made it an on going storyline from all his time with the ponds until Clara and made it make sense to why he had to die or leave

Hello matt

Old 10-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still not convinced it was his decision tbh...
Old 10-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I'm still not convinced it was his decision tbh...
No ? i think it was cause he was getting to be so huge
Old 10-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
No ? i think it was cause he was getting to be so huge
I've maintained since the day he announced he was leaving that he was pushed rather than left of his own accord and I stand by it. Its everything- the fact that two weeks before the announcement, he did an interview with The Sun magazine and he said that he was returning to film Season 8 in January, his body language at the Next Doctor announcement, the fact Moff was evidently desperate to do a regeneration as he wanted to be the one to (cheaply) address the regeneration limit issue and all the interview since Matt left of him saying he wished he did one more year. All this points to the fact that Matt didn't want to go, but it was a plot driven decision for him to go, rather than him wanting to go onto bigger things.

And also, with the exception of the upcoming Terminator movie, I don't think Matt has made it huge outside Doctor Who. I mean with the exception of that, he hasn't really done anything of real note.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I've maintained since the day he announced he was leaving that he was pushed rather than left of his own accord and I stand by it. Its everything- the fact that two weeks before the announcement, he did an interview with The Sun magazine and he said that he was returning to film Season 8 in January, his body language at the Next Doctor announcement, the fact Moff was evidently desperate to do a regeneration as he wanted to be the one to (cheaply) address the regeneration limit issue and all the interview since Matt left of him saying he wished he did one more year. All this points to the fact that Matt didn't want to go, but it was a plot driven decision for him to go, rather than him wanting to go onto bigger things.

And also, with the exception of the upcoming Terminator movie, I don't think Matt has made it huge outside Doctor Who. I mean with the exception of that, he hasn't really done anything of real note.
True on both accord he has potential .. i think maybe moffat really wants to keep writing and couldnt think of anythinh new for matt i hate to think that he got pushed
Old 10-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

If true then that is just horrible. I would have loved another season with Matt. His Doctor is a personal favorite. I do feel they rushed his exit after a successful 50th anniversary year. But I don't claim to know the details.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
If true then that is just horrible. I would have loved another season with Matt. His Doctor is a personal favorite. I do feel they rushed his exit after a successful 50th anniversary year. But I don't claim to know the details.
yep i dont know if matt would ever say either
Old 10-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
yep i dont know if matt would ever say either
Yeah I see him as too much of a gentleman to do a tell-all.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

I mean, just watch his body language here:

To me this is not a man who is regretting leaving a role, to me it's someone who didn't have a choice. Compare his body language to Tennant's in the program announcing Smith's casting:

Yes he said he was jealous, but his body language is open. Confident. Content with his choices. As opposed to Smiths where it was clear he was having trouble...
Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Personally, I think Moffat needed a change in story. It's just me thinking this.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I think Moffat needed a change in story. It's just me thinking this.
Well that's what I was saying... it was a plot driven thing that ended with Matt getting the boot regardless of whether that was what he wanted or not...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread