Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
Do you want some popcorn?
YEs how did you know ?? I wish I knew more about the classics series so I can have an imput
Old 11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
YEs how did you know ?? I wish I knew more about the classics series so I can have an imput
What would u like to know? I can teach you.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
*gives her popcorn* The same here. I watched the first season of Classic Who.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
What would u like to know? I can teach you.
Wow thee is so much and thank you .. Um I just need to know all the doctors really i think once I start watching more of the classics it would be easier to understand them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
*gives her popcorn* The same here. I watched the first season of Classic Who.
Thanks for the pop corn .. Did u enjoy the first season ? See I have watch bits and pieces with the classic series need to defiantly watch more
Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow thee is so much and thank you .. Um I just need to know all the doctors really i think once I start watching more of the classics it would be easier to understand them

Thanks for the pop corn .. Did u enjoy the first season ? See I have watch bits and pieces with the classic series need to defiantly watch more
Like I said, if you want to PM me the stories you have seen, I can recommend the next ones to watch
Old 11-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Like I said, if you want to PM me the stories you have seen, I can recommend the next ones to watch
Ok its just a few .. let me remember
Old 11-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

Yeah. I could tell that Hartnell was getting tired due to his health problems.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ok its just a few .. let me remember
No hurry or anything but when you think of them (or as many as possible) I'll send you a list of episodes to watch next. I've got a comprehensive list of stories to introduce new fans to (A Greatest Hits, if you like), so as soon as I know which ones you've watched, I can send you a list of episodes that are tailored to you.

Same goes for any fan tbh. Any NewWho fan who wants to be introduced to the Classic Series, just let me know which ones if any that you've seen, and I'll send you a list of recommended viewing
Old 11-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Of course! I am here to help. I think u should start with Jon Pertwee as his stories are all intact. Start with Speahead from Space which introduces the 3rd Doctor and establishe shis exile. Then skip to Terror of the Autons which introduces the Master (Roger Delgado) and watch everything from classic Season 8, which was a Master full season and kind of had him as a story arc. Then skip to The Three Doctors which introduces the idea of the first two Doctors as they team up with 3 to fight Omega.
That should get u started for now if you so choose to follow my recommendation.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course! I am here to help. I think u should start with Jon Pertwee as his stories are all intact. Start with Speahead from Space which introduces the 3rd Doctor and establishe shis exile. Then skip to Terror of the Autons which introduces the Master (Roger Delgado) and watch everything from classic Season 8, which was a Master full season and kind of had him as a story arc. Then skip to The Three Doctors which introduces the idea of the first two Doctors as they team up with 3 to fight Omega.
That should get u started for now if you so choose to follow my recommendation.
As I watched the stories in a totally random order (Due to the missing stories of Hartnell and Troughton, coupled with the self contained stories as opposed to season lasting story arcs), what I'd normally recommend, is watch a couple of stories from each of the Doctors. Because, one mans Tom Baker fan is another mans William Hartnell fan. So while you and I are big Pertwee and Tom Baker fan (As, in fairness, most people are), they may not be for everyone, which is why I'd normally recommend, say, two stories from each Doctor, and then prioritise based on their favourite Doctor. So when I watched the stories with my Dad, I got hooked on Pertwee and Tom, so those were the two I'd always prioritise (However, if I read a blurb of a really interesting sounding Peter Davison story or if I was at a Car Boot Sale and saw a Troughton story for 50p, then I'd watch those, but by and large I started watching the Pertwee and Baker eras in no particular order).
Old 11-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
As I watched the stories in a totally random order (Due to the missing stories of Hartnell and Troughton, coupled with the self contained stories as opposed to season lasting story arcs), what I'd normally recommend, is watch a couple of stories from each of the Doctors. Because, one mans Tom Baker fan is another mans William Hartnell fan. So while you and I are big Pertwee and Tom Baker fan (As, in fairness, most people are), they may not be for everyone, which is why I'd normally recommend, say, two stories from each Doctor, and then prioritise based on their favourite Doctor. So when I watched the stories with my Dad, I got hooked on Pertwee and Tom, so those were the two I'd always prioritise (However, if I read a blurb of a really interesting sounding Peter Davison story or if I was at a Car Boot Sale and saw a Troughton story for 50p, then I'd watch those, but by and large I started watching the Pertwee and Baker eras in no particular order).
Understood. I feel Summer would benefit by getting to the original Master stories as soon as possible. See how it was done in the old days, don't u think? PBS always started with Pertwee and Baker before anything else with the rest of the Doctors. Tey did more of it, and were hugely popular in both the Uk and the US. So that's just what I think.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Understood. I feel Summer would benefit by getting to the original Master stories as soon as possible. See how it was done in the old days, don't u think? PBS always started with Pertwee and Baker before anything else with the rest of the Doctors. Tey did more of it, and were hugely popular in both the Uk and the US. So that's just what I think.
It all depends on priorities at the end of the day. If her priority is to do Master stories, then I 100% absolutely agree- Delgado vs Pertwee. Definitely. No doubt. However, if her aim is to just see the great stories of the past, I'd always recommend a selection. Like if you go to a restaurant, knowing you want to try a pizza, then you have the pizza. However, if there are a number of things on option, you opt for the buffet, try a selection of all of them and then choose which favourites to go for a second helping. So its the same here- if you know that you want to start with Master stories, then that season 8 with Terror of the Autons, The Daemons, Claws of Axos etc cannot be beaten imo. In fact that whole UNIT Family era will never be beaten imo. However, if Petra (Or indeed any fan) wants to get a wider appriciation of the shows history by sampling all of the Doctors, then instead of suggesting two or three seasons of Pertwee, I'd recommend, say, 2 stories from each Doctor and see where we go from there. Cos like I said, I'm a big Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee fan but one of my friends likes Colin Baker more than Pertwee. Some may prefer McCoy or Hartnell or Troughton or Davison. So I'd always recommend a spread of different types of stories from different eras when in doubt. Neither approach is wrong, and if a New Classic fan wants to see the Master at his absolute finest then there is no better starting point than the one you suggested. But if a fan wants to see the Daleks at their finest, I wouldn't recommend Pertwee. Or the Cybermen (due to their absence).
Old 11-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
No hurry or anything but when you think of them (or as many as possible) I'll send you a list of episodes to watch next. I've got a comprehensive list of stories to introduce new fans to (A Greatest Hits, if you like), so as soon as I know which ones you've watched, I can send you a list of episodes that are tailored to you.

Same goes for any fan tbh. Any NewWho fan who wants to be introduced to the Classic Series, just let me know which ones if any that you've seen, and I'll send you a list of recommended viewing
thanks i wouldnt mind the greatest hits that would be great

as i said i have very limited viewing i have seen all the cross over episodes , one of the classic watches with you i think one with the zygons and one with devros and the darlek to
Old 11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
thanks i wouldnt mind the greatest hits that would be great

as i said i have very limited viewing i have seen all the cross over episodes , one of the classic watches with you i think one with the zygons and one with devros and the darlek to
So, just to confirm, you've seen Genesis of the Daleks, Terror of the Zygons, The Five Doctors, The Three Doctors (with Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee) and The Two Doctors (With Troughton and Colin Baker)?

As soon as I get on my laptop and consult my notes, I'll send you a couple of episodes from each Doctor
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
So, just to confirm, you've seen Genesis of the Daleks, Terror of the Zygons, The Five Doctors, The Three Doctors (with Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee) and The Two Doctors (With Troughton and Colin Baker)?

As soon as I get on my laptop and consult my notes, I'll send you a couple of episodes from each Doctor
Yes i think thats correct
Closed Thread   Post New Thread