Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
New Fan

Great episode and great ratings, double-yay!
The scenes between Sarah/Amber and Sarah/Camille were absolutely brilliant, so well-played and touching. Lauren really touches my heart in every single episode, how can someone be so amazing? Sometimes I can't believe it...

www.twitter.com/ChocoCappuccino
Old 04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Aaaaaw! How awesome was Lauren in this episode? Very awesome… that just isn’t enough, she was beyond awesome. Seriously.

I felt so sorry for Sarah… “Why does she hate me, Mom?” Aw man
She sounded so broken and desperate, and the way Camille comforted her… best! I really think Sarah needed to hear that she isn’t a complete failure. How Camille wiped Sarah’s tears away. Such a great moment.

I’m also so proud of Amber. Well, she said she sent Damien away, but not because of her mom… suuure. I believe it was a mix of both her mom’s and her inner voice of reason. Maybe the latter told her not to wear weird yellow smudgy make-up anymore Oh, and Amber’s glasses. Rofl.

Crosby and Jasmine… I can imagine them as a couple, actually. I’ll keep an eye on that one ETA: After seeing the promo.. lol

Zeek… woot for Camille telling him that she was really hurt back then. But boo for him not telling of their financial problems. Though I didn’t quite get why, but I’ll rewatch and catch it then for sure.

Sydney being gifted. Interesting. Although I didn’t really believe she is diagnosed with Asperger’s, too, that would be a little ridiculous, imo.

Max and his parents were so adorable in the end. Loved it.

Parenthood FTW! Bring on next Tuesday!

Last edited by Copop; 04-21-2010 at 12:13 PM
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Once again, I really loved this episode.
My absolutely fave thing: the Sarah/Camille scene. It was so sweet, and heartfelt. Made my heart melt. Lauren crying... awwww.
And I really loved also the Sarah/Amber scenes. They have some major issues going on, it was so hearbreaking when Amber told her mom "My whole existence is a mistake". It was great that she broke it off with Damien but she and Sarah have a long way to go, they obviously love each other but somehow can really piss each other off like nobody else can.
I liked seeing Crosby's story more. Jasmine kinda got on my nerves at the beginning, with all her "We did that last year" attitude, I mean it's not Crosby's fault he wasn't there, it's just her fault. But she redeemed herself at the party. I might like them together but I hope they're careful, there's a kid involved.
Julia's storyline didn't really appeal too much to me but I guess it's gonna be a good start for some Sydney storylines, I guess she'll have to change school or have a lot of extracurricular activities and stuff. And Cee is right- in your face, Raquel!!
Adam/Zeek sl didn't really interest me too much but again, I suppose it'll lead to interesting storylines. And I loved the car trip, and Adam being embarassed at his dad talking about sex.
I'm really glad we got a Zeek/Camille moment, we seldom get those. Must not be easy to be Zeek's wife.
Oh and Zeek's talk to Damien?? "I am an irrational hard-ass with rage issues"
Kristina. I loved her again this week, she's so great. I totally understand how in a way she felt relieved at the thought of someone else in the family having Max's problem, it's only human, and obviously feeling bad about it.
And Max snuggling in with them at the end was just so cute. He rarely shows affection.

Somehow I feel like this ep is the most "Emmy-material" for Lauren yet. I know she didn't have many scenes but they were all so incredible. I don't know which ep she'll choose, probably one where she has a bigger storyline, but I really think she showed some of her best skills in this one.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Pretty much agree with everyone else. This show just keeps getting better every week. And to find out that there will be a second season makes me so very happy. I can't get enough of this show.

The scene with Camille and Sarah really touched my heart. They really do seem like mother and daughter, the chemistry between these two is amazing. I would really love to see more of them together. When Sarah asked Camille why Amber hates her so much really broke my heart. And when Camille brushed Sarah's hair aside and wiped her tear, I really lost it. I agree that no one plays sad better than Lauren. I would love to see more of her being happy, though.

I felt so bad for Crosby because of the way that Jasmine was treating him in the store but then found out that it was because she felt bad that she had told her family that he had walked out on them like her father did made us understand why she was doing it. It was nice how he didn't want to come between her and her family at the party and didn't say anything even though it was hurting him. Leave it to Zeek to call them on the way they were treating him. I didn't care for the white/black way that he did it, though. I am glad that she finally told everyone that it was her fault that Crosby hadn't been in Jabbar's life because she never told him that she was pregnant in the first place. It was nice how everyone started to get along well after that.

It was nice to finally see Drew again if only in the back ground at Jabbar's party. At least we know he wasn't just dropped from the show for some reason. Hope to get a storyline with him soon. I've missed him.

Glad to see that Amber caught on that Damien isn't who she needs or wants in her life. I feel that with all the coaching and attention that Mr. Cyr gave her while prepping for the SATs she sees that Damien isn't that smart, literally and in life, and see's how he can hold her back. Maybe this will help her want to do the SATs now.

Loved Sarah's face at the end when Amber came in and said that she sent Damien home even though she said it wasn't for Sarah. Yeah, when I saw this scene, my thought was that Sarah was on the couch that she and Jim had sex on, didn't think or catch on that it could of been, and probably was a sofa bed. I will have to go back and watch it again even though I have seen it five times already. I pay more attention to the characters than I do the stuff around them. It is all pretty much wasted on me, but I am sure that I would miss it if they didn't spend so much time and work on detail.

Got a kick out of Max when he said he asked and that is all that Adam and Kristina said that he had to do. It didn't matter what the answer to his question would be. I agree that it was so adorable when he crawled into bed with them. Most nights it is a warm and fuzzy moment when you kids do that.

Zeek and Camille seem to be getting closer again and he now knows that what is all fun and games to him isn't for her. I hate to see how she is going to take the news about this investment of his and how they may loose the house because of it, although, I too, think that she know about it already because of the look on her face and the way she was questioning him about the trip. I also hate to see how Sarah is going to take it. She feels bad enough already about inconvienency them by having to move back in. She is going to feel even worse that she and her kids are now a financial burden to them. Will she offer to help by offering room and board or will she try to find a place of their own?

Amber telling Sarah that all her talk through the years about the mistakes she made in her life made her feel like she was one of the mistakes was another heart breaker. I wondered when Sarah was going to be called out on her comments about her "mistakes" ever since the scene with her and Drew in the rain. Without realizing it, Sarah was really hurting how they felt about themselves and how they felt about her.

It was interesting to see how the rubberband ball was significant to both Max with his aspergers and with Sydney being gifted. However I don't really think that having a rubberband ball means all that much since I had a few of them in my lifetime and I am just an average person. Or maybe I do have a condition I never knew about. Hmmm?

Sarah and Damien's confrontation in the yard was good. Cee's points of interest were my favorites in that scene.

The promo for next weeks show was good. I am wondering what caitered event for Jim it is that Sarah and Amber (cute by the way) are working? Can't get sides so I haven't been able to catch any info about it if there is any.

Joy, that was so funny about all of your mom's questions and how PH has made you have to still deny or fess up to them. Not looking forward to that point in time with my girls. Watching a show like this I am hoping will help me make the right moves with communicating with them. To make sure that there is a trust and bond between us. With my son as well.

Cee, in that bringing Parenthood home clip, it was something that they showed during the first commercial break being a commercial for Lowes. The production designer was explaining and showed how they decorated the Braverman's yard for the dinners that they have out there what with the strings of lights and fireplace and such.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to see the ratings are up, it should easily keep beating V in the next few weeks and hopefully keep winning the 18-49 demos.

ETA
Quote:
The promo for next weeks show was good. I am wondering what caitered event for Jim it is that Sarah and Amber (cute by the way) are working? Can't get sides so I haven't been able to catch any info about it if there is any.
Spoilers about the location in the promo.
Spoiler:

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-21-2010 at 05:04 PM
Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireem86 (View Post)
If anybody can watch & tall me what's on it/grab it i'd really appreciate it Thanks!

Parenthood - Bringing Parenthood Home - Video - NBC.com
Oh, I also don't understand why we can't watch those videos if we're allowed to watch the episodes. Anyway, when I'm reeeeeally in a good mood I use a program called Hotspot Shield to hide my IP adress, and then I can see it. I tried to grab this for you, but my internet is very slow today, so it gets frozen sometimes. I'm sorry for that. At least you can have an idea what is it about:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Spoilers about the location in the promo.
Sorry guys this is just a correction because it was mentioned here.

Spoiler:

We'll move it back to the sp thread now

Quote:
At least you can have an idea what is it about:
Thanks so much Vanessa! I'll have a look in the morning
Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just watched this episode again and I'm confused about something. In last week's episode, Jabbar told Milo that he was 5 1/2 (and Milo replied that he was 5 3/4). Two questions: How could Jabbar have a birthday just a short time later if he was only halfway there and how could he be 5 again?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee (View Post)
I just watched this episode again and I'm confused about something. In last week's episode, Jabbar told Milo that he was 5 1/2 (and Milo replied that he was 5 3/4). Two questions: How could Jabbar have a birthday just a short time later if he was only halfway there and how could he be 5 again?
Ah the mystery which is TV timelines!

Good spotting that auntbee, maybe Jabbar is not as bright as we think, or he just got it wrong, or the writers didn't think someone would notice and from the posts here you seem to be the first to bring it up.

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-21-2010 at 08:54 PM
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

My bad for bringing up a spoiler here. I'm sorry, I got going and didn't think about where I was.

Thanks for the answers and I will go to the spoiler thread to catch up there.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's okay, it's kinda boarder line as spoilers go since it's an aired promo but that's what spoiler tags are for, you can choose to read them or not.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

This show is sooo good. This was definitely my fav episode so far. Sarah/Camille scene was so beautiful, it almost made me cry. (And no i don't cry so easily)
I'm so glad it's climbing up in ratings, and that it's renewed, this show deserves to be on for a very, very long time.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Anyone else re-watching the Camille/Sarah/Amber scenes more than a few times, or is it only me?

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Not only you, gjoni. I love the scenes, they are so well acted by everyone
Old 04-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
Anyone else re-watching the Camille/Sarah/Amber scenes more than a few times, or is it only me?
I've watched those scenes a few times now. In general, I usually watch an entire episode of the show once, sometimes twice. I then go back and watch just the Lauren scenes over and over again. I just love her scenes! She's such an amazing actress and just has this charisma about her that is hard to put into words.